Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Myth of Total Disarmament vs. The American Spirit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 204

the line between aware and paranoid seems to keep getting thinner or just plain harder to see....

i just want to be on the right or correct (self preserving) side of it when the time comes....

governments often use massacres to crush the human spirit, kind sets the rest of the population scrambling in fear, specifically i guess i'm refering to the lebanon war becuase i just watched "waltz with bashir" last night. I dont put that past any government as it always appears to be their agenda that comes first not their people...

but i dont wat to feed into any of the sabor rattling either....

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 05-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #22

Default Amazing

With this Regime it is amazing the number of conspiracy theories that turn out to be true.

You can have my gun after you pry my cold dead fingers offa her.

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." (the Gunshop Owner in Dawn of the Dead)

Don't pi$$ down my back and tell me its raining.(Unknown)

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Last edited by WannaGator; 05-28-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Dawn not Day

Old 05-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #23

Default Sad, isn't it?

People aren't waking up.

Even those who call themselves Second Amendment Advocates are ridiculing those of us who've done our homework and see what's going on.

It makes me want to just give up and wait for the fireworks.

"The prohibition is general. No clause in the Constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give to Congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretense by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both." [William Rawle, A View of the Constitution 125-6 (2nd ed. 1829)

Old 05-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36Girl View Post

It makes me want to just give up and wait for the fireworks.
You know what? You & a couple of others like you are SOOOOOO sure that this clown is going to disarm us, I want you to explain to me how it's going to happen.

I want you to explain to everyone here WHO is going to volunteer to walk into a sleepy little suburb in Tenessee or Texas or Wyoming or Montana or Georgia or Florida and demand everyone turn over their weapons.

I want to know who is going to be leading that death march? And how are they going to do it?

I want to know how the UN is going to send a hundred thousand troops onto US soil and march down the street in their bright blue helmets and DISARM the American Gun Owner??

Explain to me how that is going to happen!

You people and your God Damn fear mongering are EXACTLY what the Left points to when they claim we are all stupid morons who cling to our guns and our bibles.

You run around, pulling quotes out of context, and spinning them to meet some ridiculious position that has support in "cyberspace" from a bunch of wannabe hacks that are reporting "The Real News".

That story you quoted was from JUNE 8th 2008! Obama wasn't even the president yet. As a matter of fact, he had only secured the Democrat Nomination on the 3rd of June!!

Do you honestly think that is relevant now?!?! Incredulious!

If you think that Americans are just going to roll over and give up their guns and their freedoms, regardless of whatever phantom bill the Anti-Christ has supposedly cooked up in the back room of an all night abortion clinic and Black Alter Society get together, I have a very simple question for you.

Please explain to me what happened on Flight 93 on that horrible morning on Sept. 11th?!

Go ahead, look it up, I can wait........

Flight 93 had some passengers on it that did not know each other. They weren't undercover Marshalls, they weren't a paintball tactical team, they weren't a soccer team who had bled and sweat together.

They were civilians.

They had no common stake in life, they had no knowledge of each other's backgrounds, experiences, life.

Nothing.

But, when they found out that the plane had been hijacked, and that other planes has been used as weapons, they formulated a plan as a team, banded together and decided they were taking back what was rightfully theirs.

They didn't have weapons.

They didn't have a god damn clue what they were up against.

But what they did have was the classic American Spirit that says "I've had enough, I am not going to let you push me around anymore and now I am prepared to do something about it".

It wasn't one guy.

It wasn't two guys who had served together in the Marines or had combat experience.

Todd Beamer went to a college in Kalifornia for Christ's sake and he was a project manager or something for Oracle.

These were people that said "you and me and all these people are going to do something about this. Together we are united in that and we are ready. "

Now, I ask you, do you think that the American, Country Loving, Tax Paying, Hard Working, Intelligent, Proud, Loyal Gun Owner is going to be THAT different than that group that utter the phrase Let's Roll?!?!

If you do, I think you have sadly, epicly failed in your assessment of the people you think you know.

If you can't answer these questions with intelligent posts, I would ask you to please stay out of this thread. This thread is for the purpose of reminding those with vision that we are NOT the ready to be lead to slaughter that you would seem to believe we are.

And to my fellow members of this forum who understand what this thread is about, I say to you THANK YOU and that I am ready to Roll with you anytime.

*Respect*

JD
Old 05-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #25

Default You've just made my point.

I no longer have the patience or the time to explain to you or anyone else what's going on. I've done my homework. And if you care enough, you'll do yours and stop ridiculing me.

I have a plethora of information on this situation we're now faced with and it's no laughing matter. We're in dangerous times now and I never once said that I myself would hand over my firearms.... or my freedom for that matter. In fact, I will be out fighting like HELL.

You would rather spend your time slamming me than to do your own homework. You think their comments are benign? You think they're not our to destroy this country? Do you have ANY IDEA what the communists, marxists, islamics and eugenics FREAKS desire for this country? Obviously NOT.

Kick sand. I've had it with you and those who prefer to sit back behind a computer screen making fun of those of us who've done our own research. I don't give one damn about what happened in the past. I care about what's happening RIGHT NOW and what's headed our way. Did I ever say they would be succesful in taking away our firearms? NO. I said THEY WILL TRY.

I hope you wake up soon.

"The prohibition is general. No clause in the Constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give to Congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretense by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both." [William Rawle, A View of the Constitution 125-6 (2nd ed. 1829)

Old 05-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #26

Thanks for proving my point. Instead of addressing what was clearly posed to you, you hide behind the myth that you are somehow more "in the know" than the rest of the members of this fine forum.

You are no longer welcome in this thread.

Please find entertainment elsewhere on the forum with your conspiracy theories and your misleading, misquoted and out-right unfounded statements that give us all a blackeye.

This thread is not for you.

JD

Old 05-28-2010, 12:33 AM   #27

Default I'll do one better....

I'm deleting my account here. This forum is full of *******s.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:39 AM   #28

If that is what you wish, that is your right. Frankly I don't think many will care one way or the other.

I have challenged your position and you have side stepped the obvious & countered with more claims of superiority.

Once again we have another person on the internet making claims that can not be backed up and when challenged, they would rather leave with the belief they know more than EVERYONE ELSE.

Begone. Find yourself a home with like minded people who will sit in fear of what all you Enlightened know "is coming".

My belief is that you will waste precious time in your life only to be disappointed when the government doesn't roll into town with guns blazing.

My sincere hope is that the time and effort you have expended does not cause regret later in life.

JD

Old 05-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #29

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
The urban areas will be chopped up and disarmed fairly easily, most are already, and the criminals will have stashed their guns long before anyone comes to take them. Cut off food and water and electricity to the non-conformists, and they won't last long.
Outside the cities is a whole other animal. Where urbanites rely on others to provide, the "country folks", for the most part, can be entirely self sufficient. The people out there always have been armed and probably have more time using a firearm than the troops/LEO who will be deployed and I imagine the proportion of military trained, if not actual combat experienced, is higher. I don't know of many sheriffs that will go along with such operations either. You're also looking at weapons, and hunters, capable of putting a target down before the sound of the shot reaches them. An M16 or M4 is not an ideal weapon against a .300 Win Mag or even a .25-06 in the hands of someone proficient with it in open terrain and FMJ military bullets are inferior to commercial hunting bullets in terms of potential damage. Properly organized and armed, a small group can inflict extreme casualties on any size military unit while suffering minimal loses. Familiarity of the terrain is a major strategic advantage. Even air superiority doesn't mean much if you can't locate the target.
That's pretty much the same scenario that you'll find in the SHTF books being written. The cities are the first to go because they're not self-sufficient OR they've become "used" to excessive gun controls. The problems occur when the authorities try to suppress the population in the country. These people, as you noted, are hunters, farmers and mostly self supporting...or can do so with little effort. They are also the ones who would be most likely to NOT go along with the "city crowd" and just roll over and give up their guns. Think Red Dawn but with organized adults who are used to living in the country and can easily "live off the land" for years at a pop. Guerrilla groups would appear like magic (at least to the Blue helmets) and there would be Hell to pay. Hell, look at our country's experience in Vietnam. We sent an army to fight guerrilla groups and we weren't that effective. You can't use group tactics when you're fighting a small, fast-moving group determined to defend their land.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:16 AM   #30

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36Girl View Post
I'm deleting my account here. This forum is full of *******s.
Bye-bye... so long... have a good trip. And as for the forum being full of "whatever" you are sadly mistaken. This forum has mature, intelligent and educated people from all walks of life of which many have served with distinction and honor to defend your right to fear monger. All we ask is that you take it some place else. JD, thank you for your well written and insightful evaluation of this thread. Again this just shows me that Glass and I have found a place where truth stands tall for both good and bad.