Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Myth of Total Disarmament vs. The American Spirit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default The Myth of Total Disarmament vs. The American Spirit

Once again we are at a time in our short, short history where people are somehow under the belief that hundreds of thousands of honest, good, reliable members of the law enforcement community and our own military are either going to stand by while we are disarmed, or assist in the process. Ad hoc.

Let's take a little trip down Hpyothetical Road again and see what we find out.

His Moronness the False Messiah gets the anti-bkt to create some hocus-pocus government powers to grant him the right to supercede the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, side step congress, plow over anyone who says otherwise and immediately kneels before the Mighty U.N.

Their first move is remove every handgun, rifle, shotgun and anything that falls into the category of "dangerous device" from the American people.

What do you think is going to happen with 50 UN troops and 17 dump trucks roll into a community in Anywhere USA and start going door to door demanding weapons be turned over?

Sure, they might get a few houses at the start, but is word not going to spread?

Do you honestly believe people are going to pile out the front door, lock step, and just march right up to the garbage trucks and toss thousands of dollars of weapons in to be crushed?

Does that sound like something the average, American gun owner is going to do?

Jesus Christ man, they can't even get us to fill out 16 blanks on a survey and send it back. What do you think the odds are of this happening??

Oh, and the military and the cops are just going to fall right in line with some "leader" from the UN?

Sure thing.

Just until one of those cops or LEO's has to go to a community where they live, know someone, have family or just plain figure this is against everything they took an oath to protect.

So, I give that a 2.4% success rate of anyone in uniform just going along with the crowd beyond the first, 3 to 6 hours - at BEST?!?!

But, somehow the martians land and they use the happiness rays and everyone gives up their guns in the first state ( better pick NY or NJ or Kali, less guns to worry about ).

You don't think word is going to slip out?

You don't think the entire state of, oh, I don't know Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Tennesse isn't going to be prepared??

My god - with the world watching it would be the Redcoats and them squirrely US Pioneers all over again.

But wait - The Messiah cuts off the sun and then the rivers dry up and the crops die and the animals start dying out and becoming extinct, so we all just give in to peer pressure and give up our guns.

And then we have every single community in the United States with about a million, or more, weapons that were NEVER registered because they were passed down through the family, brought back from the war, hijacked in transit or bought from JCP Penny through the mail or at the local hardware store for cash back in the day.

Nobody has any record of those.

What about all those people who bought components and built weapons for their own personal use?

What about every single tinkerer, garage mechanic, welder, tool & die guy or just some guy with natural ability to see something and re-create.

You think it's going to be hard to re-outfit a group of like minded folks with weapons? Sure, they won't say Colt on them, and maybe they won't shoot 500 rounds a minute, but they would still be capable of taking a life.

Then what do you have?

About 25-35 out of the 307 MILLION people in the US that are now little roving bands of armed gorillas.

How many would have formal training? A ton of them. How many can fly a jet, or drive a tank, or strip a ma Deuce and pack it away from some site they ransacked? A GIANT god damn percentage of them...

If the last several hundred years has proven anything, is that you can never control all of the people and that small bands will continue to create havoc on large occupying forces.

The only difference if it were to play out in the US, as opposed to all those other countries, is we have a SH!TLOAD of people that can build their own weapons, including machine guns.

Just stop for a minute and imagine trying to disarm the neighborhood YOU live in.

Think of the magnitude of THAT Waterloo.

I am not saying stick your head in the sand and assume it will never happen - but holy hell, use the head God gave you and think about the massive impact such an attempt would have.

Who, in their right mind, is going to be part of that plan??

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Great post JD. I live and work at the home of the 3rd ID - and these are my friends and neighbors. They value their rights and liberties as much as I do. One of the fellas I invited here (he didn't find a home here though ) was the Sheriff of a GA county and he used to explain very often that if the feds ordered him to do something draconian - he'd tell them to go pound sand.

Yeah, the liberal bastions such as NYC, LA, SF, and others would probably go along with anything; however, come here to the backwoods of GA, or TN, or KY, or TX and see how your plan goes.

A few years ago I was reading one of the left-wing sites (for laughs) and there was a hot thread running about how the left should just "confront" US and whip US into submission. Things were going well in their ideological chest thumping until somebody posted that WE have all the guns and know how to use them...

Last edited by NGIB; 05-26-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:40 PM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

JD thanks for that detailed and very CORRECT IN TRUTH summation of logical reasoning.

Total disarmament of citizens in the United States? Never happen.

This homey don't play that game!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Simply beautiful. GREAT POST! I was born and raised in TN and let me tell you, it ain't gonna happen here. I believe our governer just passed a bill saying that in a state of emergency LE agencies CAN NOT confiscate the weapons of private citizens (like they did in NOLA after katrina)

Old 05-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Molon Labe!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-27-2010, 12:07 AM   #6

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Yeah, I get the emails just like most of us do about how this treaty was signed opr that law was secretly passed and the guys with the sky blue hats or sometimes the Chinese are coming over here to take our guns and that's just that. So let the revolt begin!

I can say with a great deal of certainty that thew idea might sound goiod to a room full tofu eating ex hippys but in my travels around the county and have talked to a ton of people regarding rights and general politics. and one thing is repeated when it comes to guns. "Come and take em if you think you can". or the cold dead hands thing. I personally like the I wont give the gun up but they can have the ammo...One round at a time.

Out here where I live in Ky I do not know one person that would willingly give up their weapons. Many are handed down through family and have much more value than just being a took to use to hunt or just shoot at cans or paper. I believe that the feds know this to all too well. Short of some dictatorship springing up it would be political suicide for them to try. THere are plenty if dems that are against the over control of firearms let alone the all out confiscation. Simply put it would start a war.

Americans have often beat the odds and defeated a Superior force. It's how we started this country to begin with. And that was a max of 30% of the colonist. I think you could get more than that right now if something did escalate today. And the feds know that too.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:11 AM   #7

Default Agreed

I agree with ALL of this thread.

But they will try. Sooner than you think. The tracks have been laid.

I'm no chicken little. Not by any means. I'm just a very interested and concerned American who's done their homework on this matter. I've had nothing but time on my hands to research what they've been cooking up for us, and I'm very much like a pitbull on these things. I remain focused. The information is out here in the ether but it takes time, patience and focus to get through the smoke and mirrors. As a Strategist, I've been playing "chess" with this mess for some time now and it's quite unsettling how this is ramping up BIG TIME, right under the noses of the unsuspecting American People. They've got the petal to the metal now, and this is their big chance.

Like I said..... They're gonna try. Soon.

I, for one, will NEVER give in. And I know I'm not the only one.

"The prohibition is general. No clause in the Constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give to Congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretense by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both." [William Rawle, A View of the Constitution 125-6 (2nd ed. 1829)

Old 05-27-2010, 04:24 AM   #8

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I am opaww and I approve of this op

Old 05-27-2010, 04:26 AM   #9

Liked 4555 Times on 2203 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

If he pulls a knife...you pull a gun
If he sends one of yours to the hospital...you send one of his to the morgue

That's the Chicago Way!

"Sean Connory, The Untouchables"

Old 05-27-2010, 04:47 AM   #10

Default That IS the Chicago Way. B.O. Said so.

"If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun"
~ Barack Hussain Obama, Philadelphia - June 2008

Obama: ‘If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

"The prohibition is general. No clause in the Constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give to Congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretense by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both." [William Rawle, A View of the Constitution 125-6 (2nd ed. 1829)