Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > My thoughts on Concealed Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Just don't go to those businesses.

It worked in Florida.

That is how it started here, now one rarely sees those signs.
The same in Michigan..avoid those businesses.. Not too many with signs here anymore either.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
gwk4667: So is today's “No Guns" sign the same as the 1950s "No Blacks" - - - it gives one pause.

I can see the correlation if stretched a bit. But Blacks, as are Indians
and Irish, all of whom had at one time in Americana been barred from
entering places of business, are people. Guns are not. Simply at your
own discretion do not do business with places that irritate you. I, for
one, never pay any mind to it. I simply enter and eventually leave out the same door.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #23

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I like the "no blacks" analogy, although I'm not too sure it's entirely accurate (don't ask me how, I'd have to think too hard to argue against it).

It's almost like saying "no breathing" or "no living people" or "no people who believe in protecting themselves"

While race is an issue decided at conception by the genetics of one's parents, carrying the means and tools to protect yourself and others from those that would do harm, is a very deep and personal decision, and it is also a belief. The last I checked we aren't allowed in our politically correct world to discriminate based on a person's beliefs.

The belief is implied as being, "I, and no one else, am responsible for my own safety. I, and no one else, am responsible for the safety of my loved ones. Someone may come to my aid in a dire situation, but I cannot count on anyone doing so before harm befalls me or my family"

Old 12-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #24
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1339 Times on 681 Posts
Likes Given: 987

If you're packing right no one should know you are carrying until you pull it. I'm not saying carry against the law, but I'm not going to put the issue of my security into the hands of some pudknockin business owner. Especially when I'm spending money in his store. And how's he gonna know unless he frisks me? I taught classes in Unarmed Combat and Self Defense for 20 years...nobody frisks me unless they've got a badge.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 12-13-2011, 04:42 AM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19584 Times on 11115 Posts
Likes Given: 49298

in a nutshell, very simple, if a business wants to restrict those who carry concealed, it is their right to do so as long as they post the required and legal notice prohibiting carrying of firearms. the "no blacks" analogy just doesn't make a valid comparison because, people can't change their skin color or ethinic background, but we can take a pistol off and put it in our car and then enter. they have not discriminated against you or your race. so the choice is simple, either remove said firearm and shop there, or find an establishment that allows it's patrons to carry. i believe they have their right to make that choice and though i don't agree with it, i will respect it and support it. i may draw criticism for my viewpoint, but i believe that everyones rights should be respected whether we agree with them or not as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others. if the owner of a business doesn't want to allow weapons in their place of business, then we should respect that, because it doesn't infringe on our right to carry. as i said we have a choice, and if we choose to not do business there, then they may make a change when they lose business.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:10 AM   #26

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I neither respect it nor support it, but I will abide by their choice.

No gun = no me. I'm sure it won't hurt their feelings or their bank account, but it won't do so to me either.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #27

The Virginia Tech students are not allowed to carry, from what I understand. If only, maybe they could have averted tragedy once. I don't think anyone could have done anything in the second case, since the only persons killed were the first victim and the shooter himself. However, in the first case, armed students would have decreased the death toll, I'm betting.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
About the same amount of people that read snarky bumper stickers and get a revelation from them.

What really converts anti-gun nuts into pro second ammendment enthusiasts is taking them shooting and letting them shoot a fun gun.

Ive converted a few by letting them try out some of my 22lr handguns and rifles
Awesome idea..!!! Now who do I take first..?
1-4.jpg  

Old 12-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #29

Liked 2412 Times on 1374 Posts
Likes Given: 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Just don't go to those businesses.

It worked in Florida.

That is how it started here, now one rarely sees those signs.
I have to buy you a beer, dude!

Let's vote with our wallets.

I certainly hope anybody who

doesn't want our business

doesn't need our money!