My thoughts on Concealed Carry - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

My thoughts on Concealed Carry


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
Jay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Near Marion, IN
Posts: 736
Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

In Indiana, a "No Guns" sign does NOT carry the weight of law. The business owner may ask you to leave, and you may be charged with trespass if you stay. Several like-minded folks and I got some of these cards years ago, and have begun printing our own, to hand to "No Guns" businesses.... the wording can be edited to suit your own State's laws, using the links to .doc files of the front and back of the card.

My thoughts on Concealed Carry - Legal and Activism

http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/no guns front.doc
http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/no guns back.doc
__________________
NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys
Jay is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
In Indiana, a "No Guns" sign does NOT carry the weight of law. The business owner may ask you to leave, and you may be charged with trespass if you stay. Several like-minded folks and I got some of these cards years ago, and have begun printing our own, to hand to "No Guns" businesses.... the wording can be edited to suit your own State's laws, using the links to .doc files of the front and back of the card.

My thoughts on Concealed Carry - Legal and Activism

http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/no guns front.doc
http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/no guns back.doc
jay, i like your approach to this. simple but very effective. this mirrors my thoughts on this, CCW permit holders are law-abiding citizens, not thugs and gangbangers.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
Jay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Near Marion, IN
Posts: 736
Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Thanks.... what we like about it, is that it requires no verbal interaction with the business owner. These cards make a confrontation much less likely, and still says all we want to say, in a respectful, adult manner.
__________________
NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys
Jay is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Thanks.... what we like about it, is that it requires no verbal interaction with the business owner. These cards make a confrontation much less likely, and still says all we want to say, in a respectful, adult manner.
i agree, like i said very simple and effective way to send the message without acting stupid because someone wants to restrict people with a CCW permit. because they do still have the right to refuse service to anyone. that is their right and we should respect that right. but also, we can take our business's that cater to people who have a CCW permit.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sonic82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Posts: 2,901
Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilage66 View Post
Thanks! JPFO is wonderful.

Just the document to email every leftist on the list!

I can already hear heads exploding.
Nice thought....but they won't pay attention to it or even read it. Outside of the very few that have been affected by violence and had a change of heart on the matter, I wonder how many have actually been converted. I'm speaking of anti's in general.

Last edited by Sonic82; 12-12-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Sonic82 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #16
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,235
Liked 6788 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Nice thought....but they won't pay attention to it or even read it. Outside of the very few that have been affected by violence and had a change of heart on the matter, I wonder how many have actually been converted. I'm speaking of anti's in general.
About the same amount of people that read snarky bumper stickers and get a revelation from them.

What really converts anti-gun nuts into pro second ammendment enthusiasts is taking them shooting and letting them shoot a fun gun.

Ive converted a few by letting them try out some of my 22lr handguns and rifles
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
About the same amount of people that read snarky bumper stickers and get a revelation from them.

What really converts anti-gun nuts into pro second ammendment enthusiasts is taking them shooting and letting them shoot a fun gun.

Ive converted a few by letting them try out some of my 22lr handguns and rifles
that is the positive approach and i agree with it 100%. but the sad fact is, some are coverted when violent crime has been at their doorstep and they have been the victim in some form. some are lucky and only left shaken and out of sorts for the ordeal, but some are not so lucky and relieved of not only their valuables, but their lives too. for these, i am deeply sad for, because there isn't a second chance for them. JonM, applaude your efforts on conversion of non-gunowners and wish you much luck.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #18
Jay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Near Marion, IN
Posts: 736
Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I've been involved in firearms training for over 25 years. About 40% of my first time students have had a personal protection issue themselves, or a family member, or someone they know has had one.
__________________
NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys
Jay is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #19
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,235
Liked 6788 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
that is the positive approach and i agree with it 100%. but the sad fact is, some are coverted when violent crime has been at their doorstep and they have been the victim in some form. some are lucky and only left shaken and out of sorts for the ordeal, but some are not so lucky and relieved of not only their valuables, but their lives too. for these, i am deeply sad for, because there isn't a second chance for them. JonM, applaude your efforts on conversion of non-gunowners and wish you much luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I've been involved in firearms training for over 25 years. About 40% of my first time students have had a personal protection issue themselves, or a family member, or someone they know has had one.
Unfortunately human nature being what it is, its easier to teach with a whip than a candy cane

Its sad our best recruitment effort is the very slime we arm ourselves to defend from. I think its one area that gun organizations epic fail in. Tv shows like topshot bring whats fun about guns to the public view. We tend to focus on the negatives and be reactive instead of proactive.

Thats why anti gun nuts are so effective is they are constantly campaigning. They have had some setbacks but those are just temporary. The political winds will shift back again as gun ownership increases and crime drops people will feel safer and start voting touchyfeely again.

We as a gun community need to take the current atmosphere of progun sentiment and demonstrate the fun aspects rather than focus on the reality of self defense
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #20
Jay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Near Marion, IN
Posts: 736
Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Top shot would have been an excellent tool if the producers hadn't made it another reality show. Not much available that portrays the "average" gun owner... not exciting enough, I guess. You can't introduce firearms competitions to viewers, show the competition, and the excitement in a 30 minute show. Sponsors are another story altogether.
__________________
NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys
Jay is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Concealed carry = Bad / Discreet Carry = Good -- Semantics canebrake Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 27 07-04-2011 05:53 PM
What are your thoughts on concealed carry id/badge? cmhill Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 48 02-06-2011 01:29 PM
Do I need concealed carry? Grog Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 36 07-26-2010 06:58 PM
Fat guy concealed carry REVOLVERLOVER1974 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 11 05-25-2010 06:41 PM
Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Debate Tony Soprano The Club House 31 08-06-2009 04:23 AM



Newest Threads