My small protest - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

My small protest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1938 Times on 1129 Posts
Likes Given: 4718

I think that all Gun Manufacturers should relocate (if applicable) to gun friendly states. Maybe then the employees will raise enough hell with their elected officials and kick them out. Or they can be offered a chance to relocate with the companies.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3956 Times on 2570 Posts

It costs big $ to relocate, manufactures have to be competitive already.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well with gun sales increasing to over 50% just this year alone, I would think that they could be competitive. Maybe the manufacturers offer to pay half of the moving costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #34

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3499 Times on 1614 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
It may cost money to relocate, but that cost can easily be offset by lessened tax burdens in a more friendly state.

You can't tell me a pro-gun state would not bend over backwards on taxes and land deals to land a company like Colt in their backyard.

Cities do it all the time for every manufacturing and sports team out there, so there is already precident set.
TDS92A Likes This 
Old 10-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10740 Times on 5733 Posts
Likes Given: 10493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
It may cost money to relocate, but that cost can easily be offset by lessened tax burdens in a more friendly state.

You can't tell me a pro-gun state would not bend over backwards on taxes and land deals to land a company like Colt in their backyard.

Cities do it all the time for every manufacturing and sports team out there, so there is already precident set.
Wyoming has no personal or corporate income tax.

We are business friendly, and equally important, we have a strong "right to work" law.
History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.
Douglas MacArthur

If you think a strong military is expensive, think about what a weak one would cost

Old 10-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #36

Liked 320 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Right so in the middle of one of the biggest gun booms in history (Thanks Mr. Obama) you expect all these companies to shut down stop making firearms for 2+ years. So they can shut down, lay off people, tear down one factory, pack, ship and set up a new factory in a different state. This would drive the cost of even entry level guns so high no one could afford them. That is just exactly what we need to do. Hell you can't get a decent priced Remington 700 unless you get one with a cheap injection molded plastic hollow stock. If you want any kind of wood or quality stock you are paying $700+ just for a rifle. Who is going to buy a Savage Axis or a Ruger American for $800?

Yes why don't we just all go buy 50 cal Desert Eagles and shoot ourselves in the feet while we are at it.

How many on this board would pack up and move within a week if their current employer said Oh yeah we are moving because of That persons political views? How about the fact that many of these people have families and 3 or 4 generations of families in these towns and maybe don't want to leave their families? It is not just land deals and tax breaks.
therewolf Likes This 
Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #37

Liked 3425 Times on 1936 Posts
Likes Given: 2405

I see so many purchasing restrictions placed upon us by

others. Why heap even more upon ourselves?

I have a hard enough time finding firearms I prefer,

which I'm allowed to buy, which are reasonably

priced.

What about when the politics in the given proscribed

area change ? Then if we would have bought them before,

we've got to make changes, and suddenly buy them?

It all just seem a little convoluted to me.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #38

Liked 320 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Another thing to think about.

Gun companies propping up gun grabbers. The gun companies could manipulate the prices of firearms and anything shooting related by pouring money into gun grabbers to keep them going and keep them building fear into US the buying public so we are willing to pay $1k for an AR that cost $300 to build and $5 to ship. So buy staying in the gun grabber states they are in effect helping to keep prices high thus making more profits for them all off of our backs.

Think back to the first AWB prices for AR's went through the roof. The last election Prices

I say we boycott all firearms manufactures.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10740 Times on 5733 Posts
Likes Given: 10493

You don't shut down a plant and move it. You build a new expansion plant like Ruger did in AZ.

The "move" is made over a 15-20 year period, so you don't need to lay off workers or interrupt cash flow.

As for the price of guns, we all have different tastes and different ideas of what constitutes "quality."

For instance, if I bought a gun, and it had a wood stock, I'd throw the stock in the fireplace, and put a new synthetic stock on the gun. Actually, I've done that several times.
History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.
Douglas MacArthur

If you think a strong military is expensive, think about what a weak one would cost

Old 10-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well said. I agree all of this except for:

"For instance, if I bought a gun, and it had a wood stock, I'd throw the stock in the fireplace, and put a new synthetic stock on the gun. Actually, I've done that several times "

You Sir, are an animal!!

Please tell me that the wood stock the you so carelessly throw into the fireplace was not worth much more than kindling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
You don't shut down a plant and move it. You build a new expansion plant like Ruger did in AZ.

The "move" is made over a 15-20 year period, so you don't need to lay off workers or interrupt cash flow.

As for the price of guns, we all have different tastes and different ideas of what constitutes "quality."

For instance, if I bought a gun, and it had a wood stock, I'd throw the stock in the fireplace, and put a new synthetic stock on the gun. Actually, I've done that several times.