Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   My small protest (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/my-small-protest-74578/)

danf_fl 10-18-2012 10:20 AM

My small protest

As of today, any firearms, firearms accessories, firearms parts I intend to purchase,

Will be researched first by where the companies headquarters is located.

Should the headquarters be located in what I consider a firearms "unfriendly" state, I will not purchase the article.

A small list currently includes: Springfield Armory, Smith&Wesson, ArmaLite, McGowen, Forster Products, and Rock River Arms.
Distributors will be added.

My list will include more as time goes on.

Mosin 10-18-2012 11:00 AM

Ha! I don't even buy oranges from California. I look for Florida oranges instead.
Thankfully magpul is in Colorado.

7point62 10-18-2012 11:24 AM

Ruger, Mossberg and Colt are all based in Connecticut. I don't know how gun-friendly CT is, but it's caught between NY and Mass so I figure it can't be good.

primer1 10-18-2012 12:31 PM

I see the point, but if the manufactures are already there, and an anti 2a law is passed in their state, the whole thing could be seen as pointless. The companies are already pi$$ed about the laws passed, then the customers quit supporting them?

danf_fl 10-18-2012 12:36 PM

Please notice that I said "headquartered".

This does not mean manufactured.

I understand that companies have to go where they think the talent is at.
(Is that why we have so much of Winchester stuff that is made in China?)

primer1 10-18-2012 12:39 PM

I see. Less than four hours of sleep and no coffee. I don't own any winchester guns.

gunnut07 10-18-2012 01:50 PM

I think it is the dumbest thing ever.

These are the companies that we need to support even more. They are behind enemy lines and they are being attacked on a daily basis.

Lets see So you don't support RRA because they are located in a so called non-friendly state. So you want them to pick up and move. Closing shop in one area laying off hundreds of people and move to another state that you deem gun friendly. So you are going to punish hardworking Americans because you have some cockamamie pipe dream. Yeah that's some rock solid thinking there.

You do understand that hundreds if not thousands of people count on these companies you want to boycott. 100% of the people you want to punish are just like you and me and everyone else on this board. They are red blooded Americans who love god, country , and guns.

This is America and you are free to think as you wish (Even if it is stupid) and do as you wish.

danf_fl 10-18-2012 02:08 PM

Manufacturing is one thing. but to be based (headquartered) is another.

If you will notice, I did not say to move the manufacturing out (thus retaining the jobs).

And IF they did move, then maybe others would have a chance at employment.

TDS92A 10-18-2012 06:22 PM

Look at this way,

Weapons Manufacturing Headquarters in Anti-Gun state is a major pain in their arse. Everytime that they fuss about weapons, the HQ folks come out and shut them up. Have you notice that the Anti-Gunners do not complain about the HQ's being in their state?

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 981297)
Manufacturing is one thing. but to be based (headquartered) is another.

If you will notice, I did not say to move the manufacturing out (thus retaining the jobs).

And IF they did move, then maybe others would have a chance at employment.

orangello 10-18-2012 06:35 PM

Jack Daniels is made in a dry county.