My Right
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > My Right

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default My Right

It is my right as an American woman to defend myself. Why can I not do this in California or Illinois??? Easy, bc of their laws. What is standing between me and a "bad" guy? It's not my iPhone, my "oh, I've got it" sort of thing. It's my sidearm, my sidearm stands between me and the evil that would harm me. Let's work to turn "victims", women, into decision changing
citizens.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5926 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 6285

Im with you all the way 1911! Time to start teaching them early and telling states that dont support them to either change their laws or you will go some where that the laws are reflective of our Constitution, not their FOOG whims.

I know lots of women shooters, hunters and 2A appreciators, they often shoot better than their husbands and boy friends! Women being helpless and hopeless hasnt been the way in this country or world for that matter for very long. Annie Oakley wasnt the only lady in the nation that could sling a gun like a champ. When Men were off serving their nation or doing Hunter/ Gatherer things, Women were home protecting the family from Vermin both Human and Animal alike and as soon as fire-sticks were an option, they were using them like pro's.

Mattel can start with creating a new SF Barbie with a colt 45 in her bra and nicely applied camouflage! Next, instead of sending daughters to 4H, take her hunting and shooting! Lastly, teach her that the world has both good and bad folks in it, hug the good and be prepared to dispense with the bad quickly and confidently.

1911, the biggest effect you can have is to tell your friends about your feelings. Have a girlie get-together and take them all out target shooting! Write your elected leaders and tell them you chose your rights over their feelings. Vote for those who will empower more people with the law not Disarm them.

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 08-26-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Im with you all the way 1911! Time to start teaching them early and telling states that dont support them to either change their laws or you will go some where that the laws are reflective of our Constitution, not their FOOG whims.

I know lots of women shooters, hunters and 2A appreciators, they often shoot better than their husbands and boy friends! Women being helpless and hopeless hasnt been the way in this country or world for that matter for very long. Annie Oakley wasnt the only lady in the nation that could sling a gun like a champ. When Men were off serving their nation or doing Hunter/ Gatherer things, Women were home protecting the family from Vermin both Human and Animal alike and as soon as fire-sticks were an option, they were using them like pro's.

Mattel can start with creating a new SF Barbie with a colt 45 in her bra and nicely applied camouflage! Next, instead of sending daughters to 4H, take her hunting and shooting! Lastly, teach her that the world has both good and bad folks in it, hug the good and be prepared to dispense with the bad quickly and confidently.

1911, the biggest effect you can have is to tell your friends about your feelings. Have a girlie get-together and take them all out target shooting! Write your elected leaders and tell them you chose your rights over their feelings. Vote for those who will empower more people with the law not Disarm them.
I agree with taking daughters hunting...but 4H has a marksmanship program.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5535 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Now this might sound politically incorrect, but as soon as your daughter has learned the basics of safety and marksmanship, throw away those round bullseye targets and get her some FBI "Q" targets. Let her "get the idea" of self defense early.

Winston Churchill

Old 08-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #5

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
It is my right as an American woman to defend myself. Why can I not do this in California or Illinois??? Easy, bc of their laws. What is standing between me and a "bad" guy? It's not my iPhone, my "oh, I've got it" sort of thing. It's my sidearm, my sidearm stands between me and the evil that would harm me. Let's work to turn "victims", women, into decision changing
citizens.
Are you with the NRA girl? They have a women's program
I didn't get into self defense because of a certain circumstance, or consequence but many other women have. I am talking about the other gal's that hated firearms, and wish they had one on a bad day. lol
Old 08-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 659 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
…..., take her hunting and shooting! Lastly, teach her that the world has both good and bad folks in it…….
When deer season opens locally, the local newspaper runs full pages of pictures of young hunters' 'first deer.' Kids as young as six, eight and ten are pictured with their first deer, their weapon and a giant grin on their faces. And at least half are girls. All is not lost, at least in the South.
(And we all know these children are not wandering in the woods all by their lonesome. There are responsible adults involved that are coaching at whatever level is required.) The point being that they learn that "Bambi" is just a cartoon character while life really happens. Later on in their lives, should the need arise, hopefully they can rise to whatever the occasion demands. At the very least they will know how to safely load, aim and fire a scoped rifle. And what happens when the bullet hits its' mark.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #7

Sorry for my wording everybody, it was not meant to confuse. I was trying to illustrate an issue I feel isn't widely talked about. This is how many past girlfriends of mine have felt. I am not a woman, but I care about their firearms issues. Next time I will introduce the subject matter before making a post. I know, I feel like a big dummy right about now!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 16

My son doesn't like going to the range when his sister goes with. She is a better shot.

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5926 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 6285

Woman are stepping by the passive and under-spoken persona (and passive Men) and coming out strong on defending themselves, hunting and fishing. Its a good thing to empower them to do for themselves what others cannot or will not do for them in this new world of undefined roles and wimpy guys!

Firesticks are the great equalizer and an equal opportunity defender for anyone who will take the time to get to know and trust them!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #10

Nicely said Webley! And you're right, I see a lot of wimpy guys nowadays. I was raised to be able to protect my family, that means knowing the operation and use of firearms.