My response from sen bill nelson - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > My response from sen bill nelson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts

Good stuff.. Just got a reply from

Another senator . MSG coming soon

Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #12

Here's my new response from another fl senator

Dear Mr. Jablonske,

Thank you for writing to me regarding the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. I share your concern for the victims of this tragedy.

My heart breaks for the victims and families impacted by this senseless act of violence. In a world that can at times be defined by its darkness, children are a reminder of what is good, cheerful and beautiful about life. An act of violence against these defenseless young people, as well as the faculty and staff who dedicate themselves daily to educating and caring for them, is a deed of unconscionable evil. I pray that God holds Newtown close as the community continues to heal from this tragedy.

In the aftermath of this unspeakable tragedy, like millions of Americans, I am looking for public policy changes that might prevent such a horrible event from happening again. I continue to be a strong supporter of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which guarantees citizens the right to safely and responsibly bear arms. At the same time, I have always been open to measures that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. In light of this horrible tragedy, I am open to new ideas to prevent mass tragedies like this from happening again.

It is an honor and a privilege to serve as your United States Senator. I appreciate your concern regarding this situation. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Marco Rubio
United States Senator
Each week I provide a weekly update on issues in Washington and ways in which my office can assist the people of Florida. Sign up here for updates on my legislative efforts, schedule of events throughout Florida, constituent services and much more.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #13

Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Got the same response from Rubio. I met him once at a function in Jacksonville and he seems like a guy who speaks a lot of common sense. I would be surprised if he voted for any bans but we still need to keep the pressure on.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360
Got the same response from Rubio. I met him once at a function in Jacksonville and he seems like a guy who speaks a lot of common sense. I would be surprised if he voted for any bans but we still need to keep the pressure on.

At least they respond back. I'm still waiting for our reps to respond back

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #15

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Thank you for writing to me regarding the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. I share your concern for the victims of this tragedy.

My heart breaks for the victims and families impacted by this senseless act of violence. In a world that can at times be defined by its darkness, children are a reminder of what is good, cheerful and beautiful about life. An act of violence against these defenseless young people, as well as the faculty and staff who dedicate themselves daily to educating and caring for them, is a deed of unconscionable evil. I pray that God holds Newtown close as the community continues to heal from this tragedy.

In the aftermath of this unspeakable tragedy, like millions of Americans, I am looking for public policy changes that might prevent such a horrible event from happening again. I continue to be a strong supporter of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which guarantees citizens the right to safely and responsibly bear arms. At the same time, I have always been open to measures that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. In light of this horrible tragedy, I am open to new ideas to prevent mass tragedies like this from happening again.

It is an honor and a privilege to serve as your United States Senator. I appreciate your concern regarding this situation. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Marco Rubio
United States Senator

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #16

Just got this response from Rubio which is pretty much the same thing as you guys got. My issue with it is that it seems wishy washy. I support the 2A AND support more legislation! Called his office and one of his aides, hehe, told me that he is open to legislation but he hasn't taken a stance on the AWB or HI-cap mag legislation yet. I'll continue to keep my eye on him because of this.

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #17

Lets just continue to msg him back. Nelson is 100 percent against hi caps and assault looking weapons

Old 01-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #18

Dear senator. Bill Nelson

Thank you for your reply back about my concern. I just want to say I respect you as a person and I voted for you. A few things I respect about you is that you’re a 5th generation Floridian, you served in our Army from 1965 to 1971 and last your long term commitment to your wife Grace. Those are all very honorable in my eyes.

However in response to your email you sent me I’d like to bring up a few more things.

1st. you said you support our 2nd amendment but it seems to me you do not support the part that recognizes our right to an armed self-defense. (from people, not just bears or other angry woodland creatures). Also I’d expect you to understand the background of our founding fathers.

2nd. please take some time out of your day to look at all the Democrats shooting each other in Obama dominated cities. The only two major cities the Republicans won were Jacksonville, FL and Salt Lake City. All the other ones are dominated by Democrats, gangs and gang killings with handguns NOT ASSAULT RIFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3rd. have you ever studied the FBI uniform crime reports from 1994 to 2004? Have you ever read the CDC study of the effectiveness of President Clintons assault weapons ban? Have you read the majority opinion in “heller v District of Columbia”? Have you ever read any quotations from Fleet Admiral Isaroku Yamamoto? And last have you ever read the U.S Constitution?

4th I’d like you to read a letter not from a child involved in the Sandy Hook School shooting but a parent.
“I live in Sandy Hook, CT. My family and close friends weren’t harmed on December 14. That day impacted 26 families with an indescribable, staggering pain and anguish. For most of Sandy Hook, it merely affected us with an inescapable intensity of sadness and grief.
Gun control has long been a focus of many in this country. Though I’m not knowledgeable of all the nuances of the Second Amendment, based on the Founding Fathers’ circumstances, it had far more to do with enabling the citizenry to protect themselves against tyrannical government than against local psychopaths. It is about providing a balanced firepower so when King George’s successor came knocking on your door, you could fight back. Government today is no less inclined to abuse its authority than it was then. Based on the absurd and ongoing power grab that is present day Washington, it’s as threatening as ever.
That so many of you view the NRA with its resistance to further restrictions on firearms as intransigent lunatics has far more to do with how you conduct yourselves in office than it does with the NRA’s actions.
You in public office are fundamentally dishonest people. You lead lives of deception at every turn, structuring your lives as comfortably as you can while governing with an indifference and arrogance that is absolutely maddening. When the country is reeling from financial disaster, you waste a trillion dollars on a health care bill we can’t afford and you’ve never read. You claim it’s critical because health care costs are killing this country… no they’re not, you are! You are killing this country. You endorse the ongoing slaughter of millions of unborn children and whine when terrorists are water boarded. You can’t lecture us right in Newtown High School about not doing enough to keep our children safe, while simultaneously slaughtering the unborn. You fabricate the intense, media laden drama of the fiscal cliff and lack the courage to do anything about truly reforming the obscene gluttony of government. You know you’ll be out of office before the bill comes due… you don’t care and have no integrity nor honor.
You lie whenever and wherever you need to to move forth your agenda. Were you able, you would purge the US of guns… every last gun in the country, if you could. So please forgive Wayne LaPierre and those of us who don’t trust you as far as we can spit. You’re a dishonest lot, motivated by a distorted worldview. If mass murder prevention were truly your goal, you would welcome armed security wherever needed. It is outrageous that we protect our money with far more firepower than we protect our children.
I have never owned a gun, nor wanted to as intensely as right now. You’ll stop restricting guns when only you have them.
Brendan Duffy
4 chestnut knoll drive, Sandy Hook janurary 8,2013

So there you have it sir. Thank you for time and your quick reply. If you can not respond back to my questions I will make a promise to you that I along with thousands of my friends and people involved in my social media who are Floridians will not be giving you our vote next time.

James Jablonske

Old 01-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #19

HERE HERE!!! That was very articulated and well written. We need more like you!

-unknown-

Old 01-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrtWhytHype
HERE HERE!!! That was very articulated and well written. We need more like you!
Thank you.

It was all put together we people's responses to this threat though. love this message board.