Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > My proposal to Regain Control of Government

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

An absolute shocker to those who currently pay NONE!!

I've always believed that the cost savings alone in eliminating the IRS and all the paperwork would pay for a flat 10% tax for everyone, regardless of income.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
I personally think a flat tax would be more appropriate. Set it at 17% and go with it.
I like this game, sort of like limbo where the bar keeps dropping and dropping. So far we have gone from 30% to 17%, I propose 12% . . . No wait, 10% . . . No, heck isn't a federal income tax illegal, didn't rooooosevelt add this to our burden as "Temporary" tax, one that would be eliminated after it served it's purpose? Hmmm, how do we get it repealed, or can we?

Old 09-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #23

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Can't...we have elected to have a standing army. And all the bureaucracy that has been created since the camel stuck it's nose under the tent with Roosevelt!!

They are now entrenched!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
An absolute shocker to those who currently pay NONE!!

I've always believed that the cost savings alone in eliminating the IRS and all the paperwork would pay for a flat 10% tax for everyone, regardless of income.
Ladies & Gentlemen we have a winner!!!!! Your prize is an all expense paid trip to the whore house of your choice in downtown tijuana paid for by the good people of your state. Medical bills after your visit and not covered, sorry.

Last edited by Kimber45; 09-01-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #25
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 262 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I like this game, sort of like limbo where the bar keeps dropping and dropping. So far we have gone from 30% to 17%, I propose 12% . . . No wait, 10% . . . No, heck isn't a federal income tax illegal, didn't rooooosevelt add this to our burden as "Temporary" tax, one that would be eliminated after it served it's purpose? Hmmm, how do we get it repealed, or can we?
17% flat tax on all positive monetary gains would pay off the debt in 16 years
(would have been 8, but Obama just HAD to have his healthcare bill...), especially if SS and Welfare are no longer an issue. No exemptions from payment, no deductions from taxes, no administrative costs for the IRS, and no "middle class funding everything" bullshit. It's fair, it works, and it's not nearly as intrusive as our current system of taxation.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

Old 09-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Can't...we have elected to have a standing army. And all the bureaucracy that has been created since the camel stuck it's nose under the tent with Roosevelt!!

They are now entrenched!!
Isn't there a quote from one of our founding fathers saying some thing to the effect that a central bank is more a threat to us than that a standing army and now we have both!

Old 09-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #27

Quote:
17% flat tax on all positive monetary gains would pay off the debt in 16 years
(would have been 8, but Obama just HAD to have his healthcare bill...), especially if SS and Welfare are no longer an issue. No exemptions from payment, no deductions from taxes, no administrative costs for the IRS, and no "middle class funding everything" bullshit. It's fair, it works, and it's not nearly as intrusive as our current system of taxation.
It would get my vote.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #28
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 262 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
It would get my vote.
Not to mention that it would also include a "death tax" of sorts. Notice that it says ALL POSITIVE MONETARY GAINS. That includes stock dividends, inheritances, gifts, private sales, employer bonuses, and anything else that would put cash money into your pocket. If you were to inherit a business though, since it is not a liquid asset, you would not pay a tax on it, so you would not have to sell it. Any money that was made from the business would be taxed though. See how it works out? The family farm would stay in the family, the family business would stay in the family, the family car that was passed down would stay in the family, but the $15mil bank account would be taxed at 17%. It evens out and everyone is happy.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2262 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
The 16th Amendment to US Constitution was officially ratified in 1913, long before Franklin Roosevelt was elected to the Presidency. It was proposed in Congress in 1909 after Theodore Roosevelt had left office. I find nothing ion the wording of the Ammendment that makes it temporary. It was, however, originally proposed as a 2% tax (my how times have changed).

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #30

Quote:
Not to mention that it would also include a "death tax" of sorts. Notice that it says ALL POSITIVE MONETARY GAINS. That includes stock dividends, inheritances, gifts, private sales, employer bonuses, and anything else that would put cash money into your pocket. If you were to inherit a business though, since it is not a liquid asset, you would not pay a tax on it, so you would not have to sell it. Any money that was made from the business would be taxed though. See how it works out? The family farm would stay in the family, the family business would stay in the family, the family car that was passed down would stay in the family, but the $15mil bank account would be taxed at 17%. It evens out and everyone is happy.
IF, read BIG IF, we could get a bill like that passed without them changing anything or adding anything than maybe, just maybe the 17% flat tax would work. I don't like the word fair, it means too many different things to people. Fair is not equal