My letter to Wal-mart
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > My letter to Wal-mart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default My letter to Wal-mart

Quote:
Dear Wal-Mart,

I want to thank you for your continued support of the 2nd Amendment by allowing your stores to legally sell firearms to legal buyers. My wife, parents, in-laws, brothers, sisters, and friends all truly enjoy a life made easier because of Wal-Mart. However, I understand that the Obama administration has recently pressured your business to STOP the sales of firearms, in an effort to restrict and diminish the 2nd Amendment found on the Bill of Rights. As an American citizen, it is my responsibility to ask that you do not succumb to these demands from the Obama administration. Regardless of whoever reads this, and regardless of your political views; Please listen to reason and logic, please support the constitution of the United States. Without the 2nd Amendment, there can be no first. Consequently, I must inform you that should you capitulate to these demands from the Obama Administration, my wife, my siblings, my children, my friends (on whose half I write you from) will cease to shop at Wal-Mart.

Sam Walton sought to support the American Lifestyle, which includes access to Firearms, and Ammunition. Please, DO NOT in any way succumb the the pressure from the Obama Administration. Support the constitution, defend liberty. Thank You for your time.

Sincerely,
Their Email address is info@wal-mart.com

Feel free to copy my email text and send them a quick email.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #2

Liked 29 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Sent them a copy of yours. Thanks

Old 01-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Sent also, Thanks for posting this

Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #4

Liked 64 Times on 39 Posts

Also sent them a copy sine that is where I buy my shotgun ammo.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Piss on Wal-Mart. They stopped selling firearms at every location within 100 miles of me years ago. I don't care if their ammo prices are a little cheaper, I'll pay the 5%-10% markup to shop at my local gun store.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 01-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #6

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Unless I missed something...which is entirely possible...

The meeting was a closed door session and no one has discussed it's content.

Precious comments from Uncle Joe lead me believe that the administration was looking for "Retailer" support to make it illegal to privately sell a firearm.

This would restrict gun owner to only selling back to dealers which would diminish the value of our collections to "wholesale"...

...the theory here is that retailers would stand to gain a windfall proffit margin and increased business by eliminating the competition of private sellers thinning down a collection and enable them to buy these collections well below market value by eliminated our legal means of getting our best deal.

I believe this is the real threat.

It would not serve the Administration to get Wal Mart out of guns...Gun grabbers would love a world with no independent FFL's...and only a handfull of large big box retailers. ^^THIS^^ would make it much easier to shame away the 2nd Ammendment...I mean it's tough to exercise gun rights if there are no FFL's to sell you one...

Tack