Is my gun legal? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Is my gun legal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Atf Sux

Well, for one thing they received 7 Billion dollars this year in appropriations money- that's a lot of money. Now they hafta start busting criminals- even if they have to create some first!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:35 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
If you should shoot someone with a .25, and if they find out about it, boy are they going to be pissed. Sell it and get a .38 / 9mm minimum. Those make cute little pimp guns, but for serious self defense you should bet your life on something a bit more substantial.
I agree with you completely.

I always give people the same advice, a .38 Special or 9mm at a minimum, and jacketed hollow points are a must in both.

For my personal use, I much prefer .45 APC over either the 38 or 9.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:02 AM   #23
RED

Likes Given: 1

Arrow I saw a guy get shot with a .25 back in the 80's

It was in a bar in MO and there were these two guys arguing over some gal. One guy reaches in his pocket and the other guy grabs him in a bear hug. The shooter managed to get the little .25 out and shoots the other 5 times with the muzzle touching the victims stomach.

Bottom line is the guy that got shot went to the ER and was back at the bar drinking beer 2 hours later. He had on a heavy coat and a pair of Carharts. Only one of the slugs penetrated the skin and the ER pulled it out with a pair of tweezers and put a band aid on it.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrell View Post
Back in 1998, I had a friend who was a cop show off the .25 Taurus he had bought his girlfriend. I enviously expressed my wish to buy a handgun. The Brady 5 day check was still in force at the time so I had never bothered to go thru the process. Well, my friend, the cop, told me we'd just go to the same store and get the gun with his Brady check. Not knowing any better, I agreed. Well, the store obliged even though I wrote them the check myself. My friend just told me to tell anyone that asked that I had bought it from him in a private sale. I had no idea this was a "straw purchase" and it was illegal. I just thought we were "cutting red tape." So, my question is this. Do I need to DO anything? I mean, if I ever have to use this gun in self defense, I don't want to be put away for violating a gun law! What should I do? I live in Louisiana, BTW, if that has any bearing.....
Sheesh, if I bought a measly .25 for a girlfriend, I'd be trying my hardest to HIDE the fact from my shooting buddies. It's not even close to being an adequate round for self-defense.

If you ever buy a gun for YOUR girlfriend, promise us you'll get her at least a 9mm or .38 Special.

Also, did it ever don on you to pay cash? Writing personal checks isn't a good way to cover your tracks. Nor is discussing the matter on a public internet forum.