Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Legal and Activism (
-   -   My first Friends of the NRA Dinner (

jebsca 04-08-2013 02:32 AM

My first Friends of the NRA Dinner
My wife and I went to our first Friends of the NRA dinner last night. I have tried to go a few times, but always had something come up. After going, I will have to make more effort the next time. We had a lot of fun talking with people and bidding on stuff and trying to win raffles.

The only thing that I did end up winning was a live auction for an ar15 stripped lower. The down side is that brings up a project that I don't have the time for just yet. The good news in, it is a blank canvas that I do not have a plan for yet. As I already have a 556, I am thinking of going with a different caliber on this, but I will have to do some more research on parts and options. One thing I know is, I will have to be patient as I decide what I want and I can get the parts.

So, who else is/has gone to one of these dinners? Did y'all have fun as well?

Gatoragn 04-08-2013 02:40 AM

I have been to several NWTF banquets (won a shotgun once), one RMEF and one DU banquet. They are fun.

The RMEF shindig had girls in low cut mini-dresses selling raffle tickets and the beer was covered by your admission ticket.

1911love 04-08-2013 07:08 AM

Where are these things at? I'm in FL and want to go. I want to go to Houston in May too, but don't have the funds. America's First Freedom always has info about Houston, looks like a blast!

nitestalker 04-08-2013 07:22 AM

These are great dinners. It seems like you always make some new friends. These are listed on the NRA Web Pages. You may also contact your State NRA Representative. :)

1911love 04-08-2013 07:28 AM

Thanks Nite, my rep is Marion Hammer. Great lady, I'll have to contact her.