My Encounter with one of the Pinhead Idiot Cowards !!!! - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > My Encounter with one of the Pinhead Idiot Cowards !!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 05:29 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default new girl... but old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmagnum357 View Post
winds of Change, Sebbie,
I sure am sorry that you have to put up with what some men will put you through. It does work the other way, though. I have been overweight all my life, not really fat, just big. And not too good looking, to be honest. Never got much attention help, whatever from women when there were other, better looking, or More PROSPEROUS looking males around. My only real consolation is I eventually married a WONDERFul Woman. Not only would I fight for her, armed, unarmed, whatever, but I have tought her to be pretty crafty, and dangerous, too.
Try to get as much training from someone competent as you can. I teach pepperspray as well as firearms, and I highly reccomend it for women/ older folks. I weigh 300 lbs, and Am extremely physically strong. If a 100 lbs woman has pepper spray, I am out of the fight. If she has a gun, I'm leaving the area, period.
I am not a feminist, by any strtch of the imagination. But I belive we should be polite to everyone, particularly those who are weaker mentally( not women, but kids and old folks) and physically. I intend to spend the rest of my life making sure women and older folks can Demand a little respect. Anyone can learn skill at arms.If everyone did, we would live in a very polite world................
I agree that its too bad everyone judges so much by looks. I get trouble a lot from my younger friends because a lot of my good friends are older people. I have been around very nice girls who are over weight or not model type bodies but they are the sweetest people I know. There are social flaws in how we treat each other everywhere.

I love listening and talking with senior people because they have so much wisdom. My generation has a lot of facts and knowledge available to them but to me most of us are just plain stupid and selfish.

I grew up on board commercial ships run by some pretty wise older men and women. They taught me that for me to be beautiful beauty had to be more than skin deep. Some of those crew members are still the smartest people I know today.

I try to respect everyone even when a few really try my patience. I also have seen older men cry just because I sat and talked with them at the store. They were old and mostly ignored and looked down on by this society simply because they looked old.

One thing that will really make me mad at you is if you disrespect seniors. Here recently one Hispanic man about your size had no idea how close he came to death when I saw him slap his grandmother in Santa Fe. I kind of got up in his face, about to pee myself afraid that he was going to get physical with me, but he backed down and left. Her granddaughter came out of the store and took the poor thing home.

I have a theory on why this is a world wide happening but will keep it to myself as some will just laugh at me. I never said I was a normal girl even if one member here has accused me of being one.

BTW I think your wife is very lucky to have you.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #42

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hey FreedomFighter, i don't know how i overlooked this thread, the last little bit, i guess i was still watching the first one.

gatopardo, you say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
... This is a " firearms talk forum" , that is the point, this is not a fashion show.
Which is exactly the thing that has surprised me about some the responses freedomfighter has gotten. Seems like he is getting bashed more for what he wore, than encouragement to stand up for his rights.

But when he posted the first thread about the incident, your first response to his story was:
Quote:
You have the right to dress a s you wish, but keep in mind, it sends a message, it doesn't change who you are, but it portrays what you want people to see in you.

Use this idea in your favor, like the spots on a jaguar.

I have to wear outdoors outfit and rubber boots on, 5 days a week, my business has me working outdoors 5 days a week, exposed to dirt, vegetation, mud when it rains, etc. I look like I am on a safari and people ask the weirdest questions, most people ask if we work with animals, I usually answer:"we train elephants". Of course on weekends I wear slacks and a blazer, so my life is a little backwards.

So what is my point? People are free to think whatever they want, can't blame them for that, is a free country and they have as much right as you do to feel safe.

So you are free to dress in camouflage and carry a long knife if you want, but be ready to be questioned. Furthermore, if you are trying to "look dangerous" don't expect someone to come close and get all chummy.
Fashion is all your contribution seemed to be about. That is what got me so involved in this thread, the focus being on what he wears and not what went on. When he is being bashed for what he wears, then i don't feel right not speaking up about "fashion" (or in my opinion his rights). So you were either wrong to have made that your initial contributions to his thread, or you're wrong to jump someone else about being outside of the realm of the forum topics... Cant be both. The magazines that you say will help us all decide how to dress, you can bet wont have guns under the latest craze, so should we all put them away?

It just surprises me in a forum like this, where we all see our rights being inched away everyday, that you would tell him to dress like the magazines tell him, or like you said in the first thread
Quote:
If I were you, I'd visit the JC penney and buy some nice slacks, a nice blazer, polo shirts...
instead of support his freedom of choice. He doesn't need anyone telling him that people are judgmental, we all know that. He needs people telling him to stand for what he believes, and support one another when you have a bad day because he choose to do that. It is seldom that rights in America are taken away with one big swoosh. They are taken one inch at a time day after day. Convincing him that he should dress a certain way, is just one more inch lost.

"Come on everyone, dress how your neighbors want you to dress... i mean it's just camos!" Until they work their way up to our right to have a gun. By that time we wont mind giving it up either. Sure people will respond to how other people dress, but to me that makes it all the more important to stick to your rights. You don't let the way other people act change who you are!

Camo Club sign ups this Friday.

Last edited by theferg2000; 11-11-2010 at 07:51 AM.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #43

i dont know..... cami BDU's have never said "bad person" to me(usually just "mo-tard" or or some other occupation or hobby...perhaps paintball).....if i was a domestic terrorist....id wear normal clothes...but thats me.

<---i mean look at my avatar....do i look like a bad person.....despite my attempts too...

Old 11-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #44

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

People keep saying that he should just get over it, which we all have to move on past bad things. BUT, he is a leader in his community & the neighborhood watch, has been for years, & to be handcuffed, & the situation would be embarrassing, as all the people that know what he is about see him being detained.

On “the great Tits”, comment, my wife has always has had a hard time finding shirts that are not “tight” in that area, since she was 110 lbs in high school (we were high school sweat hearts, & been together since 11th grade – 17 years now). She is naturally the epitome of the “trophy wife”. Her whole life, she has been a VICITM of a-holes that blurt out inappropriate comments. The thing that you forget is that an attractive woman does not just get these comments once or twice, she gets them over & over & over again. EVERY DORK that is close enough to be heard that thinks he will be the first one to be bold enough to say something. It is annoying as hell, & in her case & other women that have a larger chest don’t have a ton of options for their shirt not being tight. So I do think they have aright to be angry about the way people are. When I was younger I got in plenty of fights because I was just sick of ever group of p@$$y’s making a rude comment, so I started carrying around a ball bat in my car to teach group manners (speaking of Irish tempers… which I know was stupid, & I learned that it was just the price to pay for having a pretty woman).. When it happens now, I confront them by saying “I know…”, & give them a chance to elaborate. They do like cowards do when you look them square in the eye… get all red faced & walk away. The whole point of all this is just that I think “normal” people – that dress closer to the norm - forget how often “different” people go through this. It is not just every-now-&-then, it is a-hole, after a-hole, day after day, and it is not always for attention. By showering everyday, or brushing your hair in the morning, we all are asking for “some kind of attention”. There is nothing you can wear that does not express that to some degree. EVERYBODY does it to some degree, so why pick on how one person wants to express themselves. (bring on the “You mean people shower everyday?” comments). I know you meant she should not generalize a group of people just because a lot of them do it, but it is not infrequent, so it is easier said than done. (but your still right skull – must be your Jedi powers at work.)

Last edited by theferg2000; 11-11-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:10 AM   #45

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00tnButt View Post
from your online name, icon and signature you appear to be an angry young man .. i may be way off base .. just my opinion ..
FreedomFighter is a pretty angry name. I mean our troops that have risked or lost their lives playing bingo.... wait... they are fighting for freedom. I dont see how that name would warrant that conclusion. There is not a freedom out there that has not or will not have to be fought for. The two go hand in hand.

His response to it was just about the good things he does, instead of firing back and pointing out that Sh00tnButt would be more indicative of an "angry-young-man". Plus Your signatures state the same principle

Yours: "Fight crime - Sh00t back"
(dont let criminals kill you when they try, kill them instead.)

His: "No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War ! George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States."
(dont let the enemy kill you when they try, kill them instead.)

So we are left with the pictures (the one i see is an eagle with an American flag in the back with the sun and what looks like snow covered mountains in the background)

I don't think that you can take user names to mean much at all, they are hard to come up with sometimes as the good ones are normally gone. The avatars change in here constantly, you cant take them to mean much either.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:33 AM   #46

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 View Post
I bought these at I Goldberg, the Army/Navy store. I have the typical green/brown/tan/black camos, and the black/white and gray ones. I guess you could say jungle style and Winter style. I have been wearing these for years now along with hundreds of other guys in this city I see with them. They are not military issue if that's what your asking ?
But, you do wear them in order to portray yourself in a certain manner. You even said that you have a military patch on one of your jackets (or shirts, I don't recall). You wish to convey that you are militant. You get a reaction from someone who is anti-military (or militant) and you can't even be civil.

I really don't give much thought into my own outward appearance appareil wise, but I know what I see when I see it.

Sebbie, I do apprecaite a well dressed woman, but I will just notice from a distance. I am sorry that not all men are polite or respectful. Most are and the arsehats are not indicative of the majority of men on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
But, you do wear them in order to portray yourself in a certain manner. You even said that you have a military patch on one of your jackets (or shirts, I don't recall). You wish to convey that you are militant. You get a reaction from someone who is anti-military (or militant) and you can't even be civil.

I really don't give much thought into my own outward appearance appareil wise, but I know what I see when I see it.

Sebbie, I do appreciate a well dressed woman, but I will just notice from a distance. I am sorry that not all men are polite or respectful. Most are and the arsehats are not indicative of the majority of men on this forum.
Yes I have Gunnery Sergeant rank stripes on my right sleeve it makes the jacket look nicer. Hey wait, John Lennon wore an olive drab jacket with uhh, let me see, Sergeant stripes on his sleeve ! The man preached peace more that anyone. No one made a fuss about that, but me I get falsely accused of doing something and 9 cop cars showing up in my area ! I don't see the big deal about it. I see people dressed like outlaw bikers, skinheads, communists,
gangsters, gangstas, and martial artists as well as criminals. I don't think how I dressed is a big deal !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #48

Oh sorry Ferg, my avatar picture that was scrutinized was a photo of Clint Eastwood who I am a fan of as well as Lee Van Cleef. See a pattern here ? LOL ! Yes, I like Westerns.
Hey, does this classify me with the people that Bill Maher thinks ought to be done away with in this country ? Come on, all you fashion designers should know what he said, that all us REDNECKS who drive pick-up trucks, listen to country music, and dress like slobs need to be done away with for ever ! Why do I wear Fatigues, because the last time I checked this is still America, and I Can !
I think an eagle landing near the American Flag is more be fitting of a freedom fighter.
For Those who thought that the Clint Eastwood Avatar was angry maybe I should post an AK-47 as my avatar. It is the rifle of freedom fighters now isn't it ? Im not an angry young man either.
Im 40 going on 41, I've been around long enough to know the difference and speak the truth as well !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

Last edited by FreedomFighter69; 11-12-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmagnum357 View Post
winds of Change, Sebbie,
I sure am sorry that you have to put up with what some men will put you through. It does work the other way, though. I have been overweight all my life, not really fat, just big. And not too good looking, to be honest. Never got much attention help, whatever from women when there were other, better looking, or More PROSPEROUS looking males around. My only real consolation is I eventually married a WONDERFul Woman. Not only would I fight for her, armed, unarmed, whatever, but I have tought her to be pretty crafty, and dangerous, too.
Try to get as much training from someone competent as you can. I teach pepperspray as well as firearms, and I highly reccomend it for women/ older folks. I weigh 300 lbs, and Am extremely physically strong. If a 100 lbs woman has pepper spray, I am out of the fight. If she has a gun, I'm leaving the area, period.
I am not a feminist, by any strtch of the imagination. But I belive we should be polite to everyone, particularly those who are weaker mentally( not women, but kids and old folks) and physically. I intend to spend the rest of my life making sure women and older folks can Demand a little respect. Anyone can learn skill at arms.If everyone did, we would live in a very polite world................
Now this is a Gentleman ! The obnoxious can learn from this man so take note !

Old 11-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 View Post
Yes I have Gunnery Sergeant rank stripes on my right sleeve it makes the jacket look nicer. Hey wait, John Lennon wore an olive drab jacket with uhh, let me see, Sergeant stripes on his sleeve ! The man preached peace more that anyone. No one made a fuss about that, but me I get falsely accused of doing something and 9 cop cars showing up in my area ! I don't see the big deal about it. I see people dressed like outlaw bikers, skinheads, communists,
gangsters, gangstas, and martial artists as well as criminals. I don't think how I dressed is a big deal !
I don't care about John Lennon, he was a moderately talented nut job. I don't care if you want to wear panties on your head. But , unless you earned those stripes, you should not wear them. Wearing surplus clothing is one thing, wearing rank is another.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Closed Thread