My Encounter with one of the Pinhead Idiot Cowards !!!! - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

My Encounter with one of the Pinhead Idiot Cowards !!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I see now what I am dealing with here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
Get acquainted with the culture, it helps, know what to expect. This is a " firearms talk forum" , that is the point, this is not a fashion show. The point being, this young man had some trouble not only because the way he dressed, there is the fact his friend was carrying a gun. Whether he wants to admit it or not, someone saw that gun, that is the turning point in the story. I could dress like Ronald Mc Donald all day, but if someone sees the barrel of my gun under my yellow shirt, that is another story.

There is a reason why it is called conceal carry. If this young man had been in a open carry area we wouldn't be talking about it, would we?

The former being said, if you dress like a turkey, well, get ready for an unpleasant surprise.

And no, it's not funny, it is what it is. It's that simple There are plenty magazines that explain clearly how to dress for every occasion, get some subscriptions, some people like to live dangerously, that's all.

By the way this is a real hot thread. Meow!
I see now what you are saying, act, look, talk, walk, and dress like everyone else. And only hang around with people that look like everyone else or pay the price. Am I seeing your point correctly? I guess I better discard all of my European clothing and my favorite red scarf.

Bull****..

The fashion show comment you made shows how irrelevant your reading and insight skills are. I wasn't talking about fashion. I was talking about being judged just for being a girl. Just like he was being judged for carrying a gun.

BTW Fashion magazines suck. Only weirdos and morons dress like most of the ensembles shown, at least for what girls are told is in fashion. I wear clothes for the environment I am in. And if someone sees my legally carried Browning High Power peak out accidentally it doesn't mean I am waiving it around. The "freedom fighter" ensemble is popular in many places in the world because its is practical and easy to travel in. I would bet you that if I wore my French version of that in the same circumstances I would have had the cops called on me too.

You can say what you want too, but you know you are just wrong as was the one calling the cops. There was no threat.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:55 AM   #32

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Sebbie,

You make some really great points.

The fact is that how one portrays oneself through appearance is always going to be judged by others. It is a fact of life. Does that make it right? No.

If a woman decides to dress in a way that shows a bit of her body, that is her choice. Does that make it okay for some arsehole to approach that woman in a rude or sexual manner? No.

If a man decides to dress in full camo for whatever reason, that is his choice. Does that make it okay for anyone to call the police out of fear that the person might have a gun? No.

Dressing a certain way is always a conscious choice and done do to project ones personality to others. So, why would anyone get upset when the attention they are looking for shows up in a way they are not expecting? The purpose of dressing one way or another is to get some attention, reaction or to portray oneself in a certain manner; especially if that dress is out of the ordinary. The OP got the attention he was looking for and was angry about it when he got the attention in a way he did not expect. By reading the posts about it, I am sure he is satisfied that his manner of dress accomplished what he was wanting it to do.

I am not saying that if a woman wears a tight shirt that is means she is a street walker. But if some dork says, "Hey, great t!ts!", she should not be angry with society or dorks in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Sebbie,

The fact is that how one portrays oneself through appearance is always going to be judged by others. It is a fact of life. Does that make it right? No.

If a woman decides to dress in a way that shows a bit of her body, that is her choice. Does that make it okay for some arsehole to approach that woman in a rude or sexual manner? No.

If a man decides to dress in full camo for whatever reason, that is his choice. Does that make it okay for anyone to call the police out of fear that the person might have a gun? No.

Dressing a certain way is always a conscious choice and done do to project ones personality to others. So, why would anyone get upset when the attention they are looking for shows up in a way they are not expecting? The purpose of dressing one way or another is to get some attention, reaction or to portray oneself in a certain manner; especially if that dress is out of the ordinary. The OP got the attention he was looking for and was angry about it when he got the attention in a way he did not expect. By reading the posts about it, I am sure he is satisfied that his manner of dress accomplished what he was wanting it to do.

I am not saying that if a woman wears a tight shirt that is means she is a street walker. But if some dork says, "Hey, great t!ts!", she should not be angry with society or dorks in general.
Crush,
Not for nothing but your not getting it either.
What I wore had nothing to do with getting attention. I've been wearing camos since I was 17. It's just what I like. Just like Sebbie likes what she likes, it's not always about getting attention. A lot of women wear tight jeans, but only the hot ones wearing them get flack for them. Is it about attention ? With some maybe, with most no. They are just wearing what they like or what makes them feel comfy. I lived in this neighborhood for 11 years and in this city for all my life. The only reason I had this problem was because of a spiteful, ignorant person. I get more good remarks about my camos than bad. Especially from the 60 + folks who always say they look nice, like a uniform. Te whole trouble came from one person who had a gripe with me about an alley gate, and the priorities of the neighborhood watch in general. Their priorities was sweeping the streets, my priorities was getting the junkies, hookers, criminals, and low lives out of the neighborhood.
I'll put it this way an example, one girl who owns an airbrush shop here was robbed by a junkie neighbor. When the cops finally caught him in the act and asked if she wanted to press charges she refused. This same person at our first assembled meeting was one of the people who bitched the most !
No she wasn't the one who called on me, I already know who it is now definitely ! I ran into her last night and she couldn't even make eye contact with me. It was hi and bye and she rushed away with guilt. Like I said, I seek no retribution. I will just stay far away from her ! Last night was an accident because she ran into me walking a street she normally don't walk probably because she feels guilty now that I was indeed innocent ! Do I care, not no more. Im just happy I know who to stay away from. The wearing of certain clothes doen't have to mean you want attention or are trying to make a statement. Sometimes it just means you like them. This is my case, I just like them. Had I know this was gonna happen I would have just bought the olive drab ones ! I like them too ! This has nothing to do with a gun I didn't have one and my friend who has a permit didn't wave his around or anything.
This was just a little baby spite game because someone didn't get their way, yes the alley gate is going up, she was out voted !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My Encounter with one of the Pinhead Idiot Cowards !!!! - Legal and Activism
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #35

Liked 6 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 View Post
Well they didn't happen until these dopey, dumbass liberal cowards moved around here and decided to get a neighborhood watch/civic association together ! {And Believe me it's more a civic association. They're gonna fight the criminals with brooms !} I lived in this hood for 11 years and never had a problem like this one ! I just hope these idiots stay far away from me
I'm sure this has been passed around before but here's a pic that just seems to fit with this thread LOL
their-house-not-armed.jpeg  

Old 11-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
I'm sure this has been passed around before but here's a pic that just seems to fit with this thread LOL
LOL ! Exactly ! I like the inquisition remark too. Convert and be like us or we will torture you ! Im just glad it's over and the fact that they don't look at me or talk to me is rather pleasing, who needs them ! I did talk to a lawyer and police officer and both told me I can file charges if I wish. They would be,
Defamation of Character, False Accusation, Threat and intimidation, mental trauma. That's the criminal end. Then I could also call the ACLU and file for a civil suit against the parties involved for trying to violate my civil liberties, pertaining to telling me what I can and can't wear. The "Either be Right or Be One with the Community" threat seals that deal ! Wouldn't that be a real kick in the pants ?
A Constitutionalist/Patriot hiring the ACLU to fight a few far left liberals in court!
Oh that's so genuine isn't it ? LOLOL No im not going to do it, but that would be awfully funny ! If convicted they could get up to 5 years is another fact I found out. Revenge can be so sweet, their lucky im a nice guy !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

Old 11-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #37

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Point taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Sebbie,

I understand what you are saying and your point is taken. Even for being Irish I don't get mad often but when I do its usually at the source not the object.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #38

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Wait, why were you wearing full Camo anyways? Why do you have full military camo? I can understand BDU's and stuff because they are comfortable and efficient for things like hunting and hiking, but it sounds like you were wearing the stuff for Urban combat. If you're part of the Armed Services just wear your ACU's, they are easily recognizable and if you wear identification they can associate you with being part of our military, rather than paramilitary. If not, just stick to full BDU's if you're doing an activity that warrants it.

Vae Victis

Old 11-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #39

I bought these at I Goldberg, the Army/Navy store. I have the typical green/brown/tan/black camos, and the black/white and gray ones. I guess you could say jungle style and Winter style. I have been wearing these for years now along with hundreds of other guys in this city I see with them. They are not military issue if that's what your asking ?

Old 11-11-2010, 02:20 AM   #40

winds of Change, Sebbie,
I sure am sorry that you have to put up with what some men will put you through. It does work the other way, though. I have been overweight all my life, not really fat, just big. And not too good looking, to be honest. Never got much attention help, whatever from women when there were other, better looking, or More PROSPEROUS looking males around. My only real consolation is I eventually married a WONDERFul Woman. Not only would I fight for her, armed, unarmed, whatever, but I have tought her to be pretty crafty, and dangerous, too.
Try to get as much training from someone competent as you can. I teach pepperspray as well as firearms, and I highly reccomend it for women/ older folks. I weigh 300 lbs, and Am extremely physically strong. If a 100 lbs woman has pepper spray, I am out of the fight. If she has a gun, I'm leaving the area, period.
I am not a feminist, by any strtch of the imagination. But I belive we should be polite to everyone, particularly those who are weaker mentally( not women, but kids and old folks) and physically. I intend to spend the rest of my life making sure women and older folks can Demand a little respect. Anyone can learn skill at arms.If everyone did, we would live in a very polite world................

Closed Thread