Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > My Encounter with one of the Pinhead Idiot Cowards !!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 03:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I am a single female living alone. I tend to befriend the kind of men that I think will come to my aid should I need some help, not torment them. Though I guarantee you I have been tormented by a 'gangsta wanna be' neighbor who would never think to harrass the neighborhood women who have men living with them. I was an easy target since he knew no one would come kick his head in for me. It was a very tough few years. I would not go out in my own yard when he was out. He called me names and threatened my sons when they got older. When I called the police on him it just ticked him off and made things worse. Finally, he tried to entice my oldest son into a fight. The police came and charges were pressed against him. He went to court and paid a fine. Things only got better when he FINALLY stopped drinking and doing drugs though he still screams at his wife and kids and hits his wife. What I wouldn't have done at that point in my life to have a man friend who would help me out of this bullying situation. I was afraid of this neighbor and he knew it.
Damn Winds I am sorry you had to go through that. I hate a man who thinks they can bully a woman living alone tryin to raise her kids and do the best she can to avoid trouble!! I am glad that man stopped bothering you guys.

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 11-06-2010, 03:52 AM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Personally, I think the full camo wearing guy or gal aids in a negative perception of gun owners if they are not hunting or in active service in the military. It says, "Look at me. I am part of a group of anarchists and I want you to fear me and my mall ninja ways."

You wear them for anyother reasons than I stated above?

Just like when I see someone wearing tall black steel toed boots, shaved head and a black jacket; I immediately think "Skinhead!"

I see a guy wearing a pink Polo, penny loafers and the current in-style hair driving a BMW and I think "arsehole!"

In other words, why are you getting upset for getting the reaction you are looking for? Wear the full military camo in a liberal city for all I care, but don't complain when you get the attention you are wanting to get for doing so.

She walked away with no doubt in her mind that you are a representative of every pro-2A conservative. Way to go.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-06-2010, 04:52 AM   #13
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

So you live around a bunch of jerks. So what. Forgive and forget.

Otherwise, we'll likely be watching you on an episode of cops in the near future.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 11-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have mixed feelings about this. One one hand you have people judging a book by it's cover. And calling police for how someone is dressed sounds a little batty. But then I try to look at the big picture and it being how you describe your surroundings as an urban or at the least suburban area. And I can see where in this setting especially in these times appear somewhat threatening. I'm with Tango in asking what was the occasion that you where all camo'd out? While true it really shouldn't matter what you wear, this is a free country after all but we are going to be judged by our appearances. I'm sure you have snapped to a judgment as well OP. It happens to me all the time because I dress often more like a skater than a midle aged man living in the sticks. I can't get mad because someone thinks I'm a dumba$$ wearing Vans and a oversized shirt probably with skulls or dragons on it. BEcause that is the image I put out there. THe few that bother to talk to me and get to know what I"m about see that the image is much different than reality. I've played drums for many years and found Vans shoes work great for comfort and feel good on a bass pedal. Shirts that are a little bigger allow for air to circulate helping me from overheating. Helps hiding an IWB rig too It's not my always style of dress but often enough.

In the end you should be allowed to wear what you want and not be pulled over by the fashion police or real police for that matter. But our freedoms stop at the door of our neighbors. So they are well within their rights to call police if they feel threatened or scared. I think it's not the thing to do in your specific case but I'm not your neighbor. I used to have similar troubles as you but it was not just my dressing habits it was a total image thing. They would call police saying I must be selling drugs because I had company on the weekends. I had poker parties, I wasn't selling anything but a bluff on a hand from timer to time But what if they had been right? One less dope dealer on the streets. I went on to make arrangements to ease the neighbors suspicions by talking in a civilized manner and not having as many card games at my place. Then I made plans to relocate as soon and I could.

Understand that appearances are really important to some people. And your appearance told them you where some right wing nut job that probably has a room full of guns and the partially eaten bodies of children strewn about. This is not good for them because they believe it's better to kill unborn babies and save the lives grown up killers and rapist. So you are going to deal with that as long as you are around them. If it was me, I'd try to put myselfin a situation where the animosity can be better controlled. Maybe talking to them in a calm and non threeateningmannerwill help some. If not then you have to rather hold out or move on.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5110 Times on 2658 Posts
Likes Given: 310

if you feel that violated you shoulda hired a lawyer off TV and gotten busy with a civil rights suit. its the only thing some folks understand. all you did blowing up on her was confirm their beliefs about you. they prolly think your gonna come and axe murder them now.

back in texas i had bought a m1a at a gunshow. there was not a lot of room in the truck i had at the time no back row so the rifle was propped up in the passenger seat. there is no law against transporting a firearm outside a case there so i didnt think anything of it. half way home a highway patol comes blazing out of nowhere at 100+mph. pulls me over. some tard claimed i was waving a rifle in my truck. after informing him i was a ccw person handed him my permit informed him where my pistol was he proceeded to clear my weapon with the barrel pointed at his belly.

all i needed was for this retard to off himself to make for a perfect day.

i asked him, please dont point that at yourself (he was trying to catch the chambred round) just let the round fall on the ground ill clean it off later.

after a lengthy search and explanation of what i had been doing that day and by the obvious inability to brandish anything as large as a m1a in my truck he let me go. was on the side of the road for an hour.

sht happens.

Last edited by JonM; 11-06-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #16

No you guy's got it wrong ! See it is difficult to try and get your point across on a screen with typed words. At no time did I yell or scream in her face or anything like that.
I calmly told her what I felt and what I went through. You are forgetting also that these same people were part of the same neighborhood watch as I was, and they all knew me.
This was simply a retaliation over my opinion about an alley gate, simple as that. I was for a gate with barbed wire on top, they were for no gate and the continueation of hookers, used condoms, junkies, and used needles in this alley right next door to a house of one of the members who actually wants this gate erected. It all really had nothing to do with camos. I wore them before, a hundered times before without a funny look. There's four other dudes that wear camos of some sort around here. This was just a dirty, low down, little prank to try and spite me and scare me away. I have 3/4 of the neighborhood on my side including other folks up that same street. The people in charge of the neighborhood watch who have political pull are going to get to the bottom of it also, and they're democrat {but not liberal}. What's going to take place is that the whole thing will be disbanded and it will all go back to every neighbor doing for themself like it used to be. That's perfectly fine with me because we had no trouble when it was like that. Remember also, I was helping these folks as well. I was in charge of patrol {no I didn't always patrol in camos} and patroled their streets the most because they had the most crime. I pretty much got stabbed in the back by the very ones I was helping and protecting. Well im not gonna be their night watchman no more, let them do it themselves ! I'll stay right where I am, on my own street, watching my own house.

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #17

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
after reading both accounts I have to ask. Why were you wearing full camo anyways? I personally don't wear it unless I am hunting or when I was in the Army. I understand you can wear what you want, but if you seen a guy in pink hot pants would not the first thought in your mind be "HE'S GAY". People see you in full camo and think he is a bad person no matter what you really are.

Please tell me you have shirts with sleeves and not some redneck ass BDU top with the sleeves cut off.
No I have sleeves ! LOL Have some suits and Florsheim shoes too.
This whole thing is just messed up. I vented what I needed and I apologise to the {Normal Liberal guy here} I apologize if I use that term too loosely.
I should add the word extremist at least. Even before these people seen me in camos I still got dirty looks, so I guess it's just one of those things. I just never been through this kind of thing before and yes I was upset. When anyone is wrongfully accused of something they get upset ! Today, I feel more like myself though.

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #18

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 View Post
Even before these people seen me in camos I still got dirty looks, so I guess it's just one of those things.
If you were dressed in camos properly, how the hell did anyone see you?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #19

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Then I told her what it was like and what I went through. I mentioned that I could bring the accuser up on charges for making false accusations, trying to threaten my right to life, liberty, and happiness just because im not like your little click, and mental anguish, strife, and psychological trauma!" Well that's when that skinny Bitch started walking away. While she was leaving I said to her that, "I'd like to see my accuser face to face at least. So I could tell them all the hell they put me through for nothing and how this is a free country and that I have the right to wear what I want, that this isn't a Communist State, and that I will not look for revenge or start trouble, but that I want to know who my accuser is so I know who my enemies are, and that I know to stay far away from her and with the people she associates ! "
What you should have done was say.

You: Did you see what happend last night?

Her: I heard some guy was in camo and waving a gun.

You: I was in full camo but I didn't wave a gun.

Her: oh really.

You: Yes Ma'am I didn't mean to alarm anyone.

Her: Ok.

You: Can you just let your friends know that I am sorry to have caused any problems. Have a nice day.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
If you were dressed in camos properly, how the hell did anyone see you?
Wrong camo But here are some ideas;
Bad neighborhood? Dress like a hooker or a pimp..
Medium class neighborhood? Slacks and a polo shirt are good.
For a high class neighborhood? Gardener, electrician etc.
For anything else, walk a dog.
Success blending with the crowd, priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
What you should have done was say.

You: Did you see what happend last night?

Her: I heard some guy was in camo and waving a gun.

You: I was in full camo but I didn't wave a gun.

Her: oh really.

You: Yes Ma'am I didn't mean to alarm anyone.

Her: Ok.

You: Can you just let your friends know that I am sorry to have caused any problems. Have a nice day.
You are on a roll Sir, me thinks you should write a manual so we can find what to say in those " I don't know what to say "special moments.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Closed Thread