Moving state to state question - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Moving state to state question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 02:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Yes, legal (unload them, lube them, slip in a silicone gun sock) No, banks do not know what is in a safety deposit box. Unless you have a hazardous or noxious substance (do NOT leave a tuna fish sandwich in a safety deposit box) bank does not care.
Oh, c3, that is hiLARious! Could you imagine how a rotting sandwich would mess that bank over big time.

The only problem is the act of carrying them from the car to the bank would be carrying a concealed handgun. I'm not making a joke. In Oregon, even the act of carrying a new gun from the gun shop to the car in a new case is technically illegal. I would at least look into this issue. If it IS illegal, then carrying it into a bank could be a federal crime.

I don't know...I'm just thinking of possible problems.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #12

Likes Given: 7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Oh, c3, that is hiLARious! Could you imagine how a rotting sandwich would mess that bank over big time.

The only problem is the act of carrying them from the car to the bank would be carrying a concealed handgun. I'm not making a joke. In Oregon, even the act of carrying a new gun from the gun shop to the car in a new case is technically illegal. I would at least look into this issue. If it IS illegal, then carrying it into a bank could be a federal crime.

I don't know...I'm just thinking of possible problems.
Him being in the military, not sure if you are correct. Anyway, LOL, I think you are thinking too much. This isn't a daily trip, he is doing it ONCE. What are the odds a cop with screech up and want to look in the bag? Probably happen with my luck, but nobody's is as bad as mine!

I think a lot of states made that technical error when writing gun laws. It is illegal in FL to walk from your car to your Apt. without a CCW permit. It's illegal to walk on any public place with a hidden gun without the permit. I guess parking lots are public places. As of last year, it has never been tested in court here in FL.

-Bob

Last edited by FlBob518; 06-18-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #13

Nope, never tested in Oregon, either, as far as I have read. The only reason I bring it up is that carrying a handgun (even unloaded) into a bank makes me a bit uneasy.

Having been armed since my first day with a CHL, I would feel uneasy leaving my pistol anywhere I couldn't reach it. I'm just glad I don't live anywhere near New York! (or Illinois...or California...)

Old 06-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #14

My bank safety deposit boxes are removable to allow the owner to put the items of choice in at home. Then you bring the box back and then you walk into the vault and then you put them into your spot and you lock it up and your done.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #15

Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnykc View Post
My bank safety deposit boxes are removable to allow the owner to put the items of choice in at home. Then you bring the box back and then you walk into the vault and then you put them into your spot and you lock it up and your done.
About 10 years ago I was down to just a few collector hand guns. Whenever a hurricane was headed this way, I would put them in my bank safety deposit box. This was pre-9/11 and I never really thought about the legality. Makes me wonder how close to a prison stay I was.

It's been my experience that bank personnel go out of their way not to know what you are putting in or taking out of your box.

-Bob

Old 06-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlBob518 View Post

It's been my experience that bank personnel go out of their way not to know what you are putting in or taking out of your box.
I worked at Bank of America for a long time. I totally concur with Bob. There was definitely a sense among the staff--spoken and unspoken--of, "I don't even want to know...so please don't tell me." If you walk in with a closed bag or whatever, they won't ask. At least that's my experience.