Moving from PA to FL

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Moving from PA to FL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Moving from PA to FL

Hello,

I am moving from Pennsylvania to Florida at the end of October and I wanted to know if it is an issue transporting my guns?

I am driving interstate 95 straight down and I am planning on taking my AR-15and 3 Handguns

Just want to make sure there are no legal issue transpoting my guns in the trunk?

I don’t have a concealed license

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 307 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Ammo in the front with you, guns in the trunk unloaded and you should be fine.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #3

Darrel,

Thanks for the info

Just wanted to make sure

Old 09-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9148 Times on 3950 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

There is a Federal law known as the Peaceable Journey Act. This takes precedent over state and local laws. IF it is legal to have at origin AND at destination, AND is unloaded and secured outside the passenger compartment, it is legal. Statute below:

Title 18 US Code § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.