Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > From the mouth of the beast its self: we will ban your firearms if reelected

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #61
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow

Felons can't vote unless their rights have been restored.
Why not? Illegals are voting they are criminals. The dead are voting.
Who says criminals can't vote, the ones counting the votes?
By law you may be right but I'd put money on it that in practice many do vote.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 09-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #62

Liked 1623 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

I think Barry sold out alot of his party. After he got them to commit suicide on the Health Care Bill, he limited funding and appearances, effectively sealing their fate in 2010.

Guns are just too tricky of an issue. Aurora seemed like a perfect model to go after them, and who in Aurora wouldn't be on board with gun control after such a tragedy? Apparently alot of people, there was a spike in sales.

The Sikhs? Same thing. I saw several on the news after the shooting who were off to apply for permits.

I remain optimistic. I work in a building that was heavily pro-Obama in 2008, and by 2010, not one person could tell me why they actually voted for him. They were under some kind of spell, perhaps it was to prove to themselves that they weren't a closet racist, perhaps it was their own small form of reparations, maybe they thought that history would somehow recognize them as part of a turning point in America.

After we got shafted on raises due to Medicare cut fears, that s**t went out the window.

I agree with BKT's point but with one amendment. You do have to choose your own personal line in the sand, but you should have done that long ago.

I chose my line as soon as I had a concept of what freedom really meant, not the illusion that so many labor under. And it remains unaltered.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #63

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The reason they voted for Obama was simple. After eight years of Bush they would have voted for a snapping turtle to get the republicans out of the white house. In just four years the republicans are suddenly golden. That makes no sense to me. I will vote for Obama again. I would rather four more years of deadlock than Romney and a republican congress. With any luck in the next election cycle someone from the common sense party will run for president.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Why not? Illegals are voting they are criminals. The dead are voting.
Who says criminals can't vote, the ones counting the votes?
By law you may be right but I'd put money on it that in practice many do vote.
That is why we need a voter ID law. Illegal immigrants and dead people people don't have a photo ID. When a felon votes they can be tracked down and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #65

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
That is why we need a voter ID law. Illegal immigrants and dead people people don't have a photo ID. When a felon votes they can be tracked down and punished to the fullest extent of the law.
But you just said felons can't vote....

Felons don't have to vote as themselves just like illegals.

I agree with you, make it mandatory to show some ID. It eliminates all 3 problems...

Old 09-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #66

Quote:
The reason they voted for Obama was simple. After eight years of Bush they would have voted for a snapping turtle to get the republicans out of the white house. In just four years the republicans are suddenly golden. That makes no sense to me. I will vote for Obama again. I would rather four more years of deadlock than Romney and a republican congress. With any luck in the next election cycle someone from the common sense party will run for president.
Actually, from the time of his inauguration, Republicans were golden in 15 minutes, and that bore itself out in 2010.

As for 4 more years of deadlock and zero economic growth, 4 more years of flooded borders, 4 more years of $4 gas, and 4 more years of bleeding out jobs, I see flaws in your plan.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMIM View Post
Actually, from the time of his inauguration, Republicans were golden in 15 minutes, and that bore itself out in 2010.

As for 4 more years of deadlock and zero economic growth, 4 more years of flooded borders, 4 more years of $4 gas, and 4 more years of bleeding out jobs, I see flaws in your plan.
I see a flaw in your quote. The people don't see the republican party as a whole as golden. They see the tea party as golden. The far right of the republican party. Not many see the republican party as a whole as golden. If a tea party member that didn't have the same image as Sarah Palin ran for president they would win in a landslide.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #68

Quote:
In just four years the republicans are suddenly golden.
I see a flaw in your flaw.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'll see your flaw and raise three flaws.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
TWMIM Likes This 
Old 09-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #70

I'll see your three flaws and draw....

Closed Thread