From the mouth of the beast its self: we will ban your firearms if reelected - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > From the mouth of the beast its self: we will ban your firearms if reelected

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
So, should Mr. Soetoro get re-elected and reinstate the AWB, how many of you will dutifully toss your ARs and AKs in the back of the truck or pay a visit to the local cop shop to turn them in?

You don't really have to answer that. But now might be a good time to decide what you'll do and why.
Grandfather clause.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Wouldn't bet on it.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #23

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

It doesn't matter who wins the election the assault weapons ban is coming back. The last assault weapons ban was to stop all the $50 rifles from coming into the US. The assault weapons ban had nothing to do with stopping crime. Gun manufacturers need to protect their bottom line. But they claim they need to protect jobs in the US.

Right now every tom, dick and harry that can afford a CNC setup is making AR parts. Gun manufacturers can't have that and they are going to stop it. Gun control has never been about public safety - It has always been about controlling the competition. Since when has the government ever cared about public safety?

We ship thousands of guns to the Mexican Army every year. The Mexican Army sells the guns to the drug cartels. We the people of the US get blamed for it. If the Mexican Army had to account for every gun we have sold them they couldn't account for half of them. In fact, they have lost so many guns it would be an act of war.

Then we move on to Pakistan. Same thing, different faces shooting US soldiers instead of Mexican soldiers and US border control agents.

Ok, I am over my rant for now

Last edited by Old_Crow; 09-05-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Enjoy your gunshows while you can. They will go after private gunsales too.
All those guns changing hands with no background checks.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I hope she gets hit by a bus. On Christmas.
A bus full of bears!

Quote:
Grandfather clause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Wouldn't bet on it.
Well at least i know my SKS will be safe.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #26

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Well, okay but....

Read their platform from 2008...

Firearms

We recognize that the right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation, but we know that what works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact and enforce commonsense laws and improvements like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system, and reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals. Acting responsibly and with respect for differing views on this issue, we can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe

Now it reads a little differently than the 2012 statement, but not by much...

source... http://patriotpost.us/documents/497

No AWB, they still piss and moan about the NICS system, the 'gunshow loophole'...nothing has changed. Why get in a tizzy over this? I have more pressing issues to attend to than worry about more political posturing and pure crap like this...No offense PPC...the Dem's crap, not your thread...
People Like This 
Old 09-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1279 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

"Firearms. We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements—like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole—so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few."

There is more to this than meets the eye - if they ban "assault weapons", they can repeatedly redifine what an assault weapon is, all the way down to a Raven .22 if they wish. Maybe even a pea-shooter or a rubber band. That's why the 2A says "shall not be infringed". If banning certain kinds of "arms" is not infringing, what is it?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6664 Times on 3546 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
It doesn't matter who wins the election the assault weapons ban is coming back. The last assault weapons ban was to stop all the $50 rifles from coming into the US. The assault weapons ban had nothing to do with stopping crime. Gun manufacturers need to protect their bottom line. But they claim they need to protect jobs in the US.

Right now every tom, dick and harry that can afford a CNC setup is making AR parts. Gun manufacturers can't have that and they are going to stop it. Gun control has never been about public safety - It has always been about controlling the competition. Since when has the government ever cared about public safety?

We ship thousands of guns to the Mexican Army every year. The Mexican Army sells the guns to the drug cartels. We the people of the US get blamed for it. If the Mexican Army had to account for every gun we have sold them they couldn't account for half of them. In fact, they have lost so many guns it would be an act of war.

Then we move on to Pakistan. Same thing, different faces shooting US soldiers instead of Mexican soldiers and US border control agents.

Ok, I am over my rant for now
I think this is uncomfortably closer to the truth. Why else would ruger senior full heartedly support ronnie reagan's gun ban???
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #29

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

We have already lost the battle over the second amendment. It was lost before any of us was born. During the prohibition machine guns and other military weapons were regulated. That set precedent for the mess we have right now. Our forefathers never expected things to get out of hand like they have today. They wanted a civil society, so they made the mistake of trading safety and comfort for liberty. We are paying for it right now. We will live to see the day that foreign soldiers set foot on US soil. Something that has never happened in the modern era.

I don't know if 3% is going to be enough this time to set America free again. I am confident that we have the heart and resolve to pursue freedom once the people realize what has happened.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #30
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Grandfather clause.
Are you saying you think there will be one in the new legislation? That's optimistic.

What it they "grandfather" your evil ARs provisionally: you must register them?

These bottom-feeders want us disarmed and they'll do whatever they can get away with to make it happen. My suggestion was to think about that and make up your mind now, before you're caught having to make a snap decision, what you will do. There are a bunch of options...just think sooner than later.

Closed Thread