From the mouth of the beast its self: we will ban your firearms if reelected - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > From the mouth of the beast its self: we will ban your firearms if reelected

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #151
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5956 Times on 2946 Posts
Likes Given: 6324

"When government mandates that insurance companies must cover young people up to the age of 26 under their parent's family plan, the insurance companies are being forced to do so. That's what I object to."

That one of the killers for me. I cant stop my young adults from having kids once they are 18 (or even before). They can consent to sex before they are 18 and abort a baby without my consent, Cant write them off on our taxes once they are out of high school unless they are in college, Our boys have to register for selective service when they turn 18, all can drive when their 16, cant drink booze till their 21 on and on and on, all this BS about growing up and now they arent adults until they are 27 years old. WTF is that garbage, make my head want to pop trying to figure out how this happened.

In the 60's, 27 could be well on your way to being a grandfather if you started out early, now they are considered kids????????!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #152

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
No, we haven't. In no way, shape or form is there a private, free-market aspect to health care for anyone at any level, anytime and it has been this way for decades.

We have tried to make health-care a semi-private/semi-taxpayer-funded thing and it has gone over like a fart in a spacesuit. Many people are saying we need more government involvement. Smart people are saying we need no government intrusion.
We are the richest nation in history. If we can't provide health care for the disadvantaged we are no better than the Africans in Somalia.

I don't know where you have been living but in my world health care is private for me. Unless I have insurance and a copay I end up at the VA. That aint happening to me! I have always found a way to pay for insurance and I always will.

Now insurance is so expensive a 25 year old single male in good health can't pay for it. Not everyone is going to have good luck at the horse races for 45 years. A working man should be able to provide health insurance for his family. He shouldn't be working his ass off six days a week and still can't provide for his family.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Sonic82 Likes This 
Old 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #153

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
We are the richest nation in history. If we can't provide health care for the disadvantaged we are no better than the Africans in Somalia.
So you're all for people who earn to be forced, at gun point, to provide for those who don't?

First you say it's the healthcare industry's fault, then you say it's the tax payers fault...how about placing blame where it's deserved...politicians...more pointedly, ones who think like Obama/Romney.

I think the major problem with your statement above is that "disadvantaged" is an extremely relative term and must be EXTREMELY scrutinized and debated until we can agree on people who actually need help, vs people who are too stupid and/or lazy to provide it for themselves.

And the secondary problem is that the help should not come from tax dollars. Period. Lobbying Government to bully a middle class wage earner into ponying up for some deviants welfare check is not compassion, it's thuggery. It's liberalism.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 10-02-2012 at 11:45 PM.
rocshaman Likes This 
Old 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #154
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Old Crow, I believe what your saying is honestly the right thing, how we get there is very subjective. Nobody believes that healthcare should be free but too many folks are getting it that way.

There are ways to bring down the costs and namy of those include restrictions nobody will go for. You cant keep bringing folks to the emergency room for coughs and general practitioner needs and competition in pharmaceutical sales is necessary to make drugs affordable.

Choices have always been capstone in our form of Democracy and that cannot end today. Free markets can prevail if they are truly free from fraud and abuse and regulatory BS so deep nobody can open a business without two Lawyers and a Politician on retainer.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:24 AM   #155

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
So you're all for people who earn to be forced, at gun point, to provide for those who don't?

First you say it's the healthcare industry's fault, then you say it's the tax payers fault...how about placing blame where it's deserved...politicians...more pointedly, ones who think like Obama/Romney.

I think the major problem with your statement above is that "disadvantaged" is an extremely relative term and must be EXTREMELY scrutinized and debated until we can agree on people who actually need help, vs people who are too stupid and/or lazy to provide it for themselves.

And the secondary problem is that the help should not come from tax dollars. Period. Lobbying Government to bully a middle class wage earner into ponying up for some deviants welfare check is not compassion, it's thuggery. It's liberalism.
Obamacare is providing insurance for everyone. if you don't get insurance on your own the penalty is $1200 a year and you are covered. I am paying more than that for drug coverage. How is $1200 a year a hardship? You buy one less AR and pay for insurance. Obamacare is about pulling your own weight.

We have people in inner cities that can't find any job except gang banging. The fact is they have been dependant for generations. They don't know anything else. I agree they have social issues but it's not laziness. No one wants to live in a slum or project. They just don't know how to get out of the slum.

Social change takes time and it's frustrating. But you are directing your anger in the wrong direction. If we could eliminate fraud welfare wouldn't be a financial issue. We have hundreds of companies that defrauding the system out of enough to provide for an entire city each year. That is where we need to start.

I don't understand medical costs. I can get a horse's lungs scoped for $300 and the vet comes to the barn to do it. Yet it costs thousands to get a human lung scoped with the same machine with a different label on it. Medicines cost thousands of dollars. Yet when they go generic they cost $15. That is an abuse of the system on a much larger scale than the welfare cheats.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #156
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Obamacare is providing insurance for everyone. if you don't get insurance on your own the penalty is $1200 a year and you are covered. I am paying more than that for drug coverage. How is $1200 a year a hardship? .
At $1200 a pop, why would I bother to buy private insurance at work? That already costs me over triple that for myself and my wife?

Old 10-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #157
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 475

Quote:
I don't understand medical costs. I can get a horse's lungs scoped for $300 and the vet comes to the barn to do it. Yet it costs thousands to get a human lung scoped with the same machine with a different label on it. Medicines cost thousands of dollars. Yet when they go generic they cost $15.
Everything the Government tries to regulate and/or subsidize increases in cost. Medicine, college tuition, food, energy, etc.

Gov't lowers student loan rates or increases the number of grants in aid, more students apply for college, colleges raise tuition, and the cycle continues.

Also, the Federal Reserve and other political meddling (Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac) is the cause of our banking problems, not the size of banks.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #158
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

A former nun, an Army major, a lawyer, a college professor and a physician. Now Dr. Barbara Bellar is running for state senator and she had this to say about Obama care:

Quote:
"Obamacare Summed Up in One Sentence"
From a video posted on you tube that shows Dr. Barbara Bellar speaking at a Women for Romney/Ryan rally last month:
"So let me get this straight. This is a long sentence.
We are going to be gifted with a healthcare plan that we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don't, which reportedly covers ten million more people without adding a single new doctor, but provides for sixteen thousand new IRS agents,written by a committee whose chairman doesn't understand it, passed by congress, that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief,who didn't pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that is broke. So what the blank could possibly go wrong?"
Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow

Obamacare is providing insurance for everyone. if you don't get insurance on your own the penalty is $1200 a year and you are covered. I am paying more than that for drug coverage. How is $1200 a year a hardship? You buy one less AR and pay for insurance. Obamacare is about pulling your own weight.

We have people in inner cities that can't find any job except gang banging. The fact is they have been dependant for generations. They don't know anything else. I agree they have social issues but it's not laziness. No one wants to live in a slum or project. They just don't know how to get out of the slum.

Social change takes time and it's frustrating. But you are directing your anger in the wrong direction. If we could eliminate fraud welfare wouldn't be a financial issue. We have hundreds of companies that defrauding the system out of enough to provide for an entire city each year. That is where we need to start.

I don't understand medical costs. I can get a horse's lungs scoped for $300 and the vet comes to the barn to do it. Yet it costs thousands to get a human lung scoped with the same machine with a different label on it. Medicines cost thousands of dollars. Yet when they go generic they cost $15. That is an abuse of the system on a much larger scale than the welfare cheats.
And you think that giving us to the health insurance industry is going to magically change the artificially inflated costs of the health CARE industry? That's what baffle more than anything....

This isn't about affording it, it's about bring forced to pay for something you don't want or need

Let me ask you a question ... If one can afford their own healthCARE ... Why should they be FORCED to buy health INSURANCE?

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 10-03-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman
A former nun, an Army major, a lawyer, a college professor and a physician. Now Dr. Barbara Bellar is running for state senator and she had this to say about Obama care:
I've seen that before.. I thought trump said that??

Closed Thread