From the mouth of the beast its self: we will ban your firearms if reelected - Page 15
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > From the mouth of the beast its self: we will ban your firearms if reelected

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #141
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TDS92A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Posts: 2,277
Liked 1599 Times on 933 Posts
Likes Given: 3912

Default

@Old_Crow,

I have supported some of your statements in the past and now I must ask you to site your sources for the information that you have posted here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
PrimePorkchop I am just reporting what I heard from people that have been through more than any of us can imagine. If you can't deal with reality I am not a Dr. You know as well as I do if Romney gets in the white house with a republican congress he is going to pass an assault weapons ban and the republican party will cheer him on. He is going to create more debt than Obama ever imagined yet we the middle class will pay the bill. On day one he is going to throw 5 trillion away by repealing Obamacare without giving it a chance to see if it will work. We had 8 years of Bush and you want Bush x10.

Obama has done a good job of keeping us out of all the conflicts popping up all over the world. Romney will charge into these conflicts head on. After all he has to pay back all the defense contractors for the gun bans he is going to pass. Romney is a snake. He believes in entitlement. The entitlement of our very finest men to die. The entitlement of the rich to get richer on the back of the working man. Vote the bastard in!
__________________
The difficult I do immediately, the impossible takes me a few minutes longer.
NRA, U.S. Army (Ret), AGA, F&AM
A Person has to stand for something, or they will fall for anything.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
TDS92A is offline  
 
Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #142
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: \
Posts: 990
Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default

I got the figures from the Romney campaign. Romney says Obamacare has cost 5 trillion. He wants to repeal it and replace it with a voucher system. What happens to the five trillion Obama spent? It's gone! He has no plan for replacing Obama care.

Romney has record of passing gun laws. You think he is going to stop? Would you take the word of a crack head that he is going to stop smoking crack?

Romney was meeting with the Jews already. Israel only wants to start WWIII. They can start WWIII if they want but we should sit it out. I know the middle east was the cradle of civilization. But since 1948 the have fought so much the entire region is headed back into the stone age.

That is all I can prove. I don't care about promises. I go by past actions. The republican platform is a promise. Their actions indicate otherwise.

I voted for Bush in 2000 because I figured he would repeal the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. Instead he gave the banks even more power. I am a dumb ass horse trainer and I could see that banks had gotten to big. In 1930 we had about 14,000 banks in the US. In 2009 we had less than 8,000 banks. A few of my clients are in the banking business. They were making money hand over fist. Yet, even they said the banking industry was headed off the cliff and began pulling their personal assets out of bank deals.

Romney will deregulate so much that everything will be to big to fail. Where is the opportunity for todays youth when everything is run by corporations? How do they pull themselves up be their boot straps when they have no boots? No dirt to put their boots on?

I am running out of time. I can't convince anyone of anything when they don't understand history.
__________________
"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/
Old_Crow is offline  
 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #143
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TDS92A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Posts: 2,277
Liked 1599 Times on 933 Posts
Likes Given: 3912

Default

First of all, do not ever assume that I do not understand history.


According to the Romney plan, the 716 Billion dollars stolen from Medicare is going to be put back into Medicare...We will see. As for Obamacare, there are two parts that I like; the Pre-existing Conditions part and the part where my kids can stay on my health insurance until age 26 (considering how hard it is for our kids to get started in life in this day and age), I do not have a problem with that. My current insurance allows them to stay until 21 or 23 if they are in college.

I believe that someone did post a link talking about Romney and a weapons ban in the past, which think it has since been repealed (someone correct me on this if possible), but, no, I do not think that he repeat that action.

As for Romney talking to Netanyahu, they have been friends for 40 years, nothing new there. As for the Jews starting WWIII, that will never happen. They have never attacked except in defense. Besides, they could have destroyed anyone of their enemies years ago if they wanted too. We keep asking them not to.

I cannot speak on Big Finance except to say that all of the banks and auto makers that were "Too Big To Fail" were key supporters of Obama. Romney claims that a structured bankruptcy would have done the same thing as the bail outs without cost the tax payer anything. It work for the major airlines, why would it not work for the banks and auto makes.

As for deregulation, this country needs some serious "Deregulation".

I have family and friends of family that cannot farm because of all the DAMN regulations the flipping EPA has put on them. I have friends that I work with that cannot plant a garden in their backyard because of all the regulations from the EPA. We cannot even drill for oil and natural gas because of the regulations. Hell, we cannot even build a FREAKING PIPELINE FROM CANADA TO THE GULF COAST because of the regulations that Obama knuckledragger put on the industry, so do not even mention Romney and deregulations in the same sentence. At least he claims that he going to do something about that as well!

Oh, and one more thing, the Libtard in charge is going gut our military to Pre-WWII levels in January. He can use Executive Orders to go behind Congress' and the peoples back for everrything else that he wants, why will he not use them to save our military? Answer, because he is doing everything he can to weaken this country and make it just like Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I got the figures from the Romney campaign. Romney says Obamacare has cost 5 trillion. He wants to repeal it and replace it with a voucher system. What happens to the five trillion Obama spent? It's gone! He has no plan for replacing Obama care.

Romney has record of passing gun laws. You think he is going to stop? Would you take the word of a crack head that he is going to stop smoking crack?

Romney was meeting with the Jews already. Israel only wants to start WWIII. They can start WWIII if they want but we should sit it out. I know the middle east was the cradle of civilization. But since 1948 the have fought so much the entire region is headed back into the stone age.

That is all I can prove. I don't care about promises. I go by past actions. The republican platform is a promise. Their actions indicate otherwise.

I voted for Bush in 2000 because I figured he would repeal the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. Instead he gave the banks even more power. I am a dumb ass horse trainer and I could see that banks had gotten to big. In 1930 we had about 14,000 banks in the US. In 2009 we had less than 8,000 banks. A few of my clients are in the banking business. They were making money hand over fist. Yet, even they said the banking industry was headed off the cliff and began pulling their personal assets out of bank deals.

Romney will deregulate so much that everything will be to big to fail. Where is the opportunity for todays youth when everything is run by corporations? How do they pull themselves up be their boot straps when they have no boots? No dirt to put their boots on?

I am running out of time. I can't convince anyone of anything when they don't understand history.
__________________
The difficult I do immediately, the impossible takes me a few minutes longer.
NRA, U.S. Army (Ret), AGA, F&AM
A Person has to stand for something, or they will fall for anything.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by TDS92A; 10-02-2012 at 07:36 PM.
TDS92A is offline  
 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #144
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
That was the response I got back from Kirsten Gildebrand (Mini Shum) 3 weeks ago, nearly word for word. Thats the party line, the only thing we should expect from anyone carrying the Democrat flag is strict adherence and a fair amount of those that exceed the platform to make a name for themselves!
Mini Shum? We call her the "Chuck puppet" 'round these parts because she dutifully does whatever he tells her to do.
bkt is offline  
 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #145
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

None of us can know what Romney would do as president. The best we can do is look at what he has done.

He did sign the permanent AWB in MA, and whether it was repealed or not is moot: he showed where he stands on 2A. You can say "oh, well, he was catering to the desires of the people of his state" and I call bullsh*t. A person either has principles or he doesn't. Either Romney's principles guide him to ban firearms or he has no principles on the issue.

He was the architect of Romney-care which pretty clearly tells me he's a big-government guy. He doesn't want to repeal Obama-care; he wants to modify it. Right there, he's disqualified in my book.

Exactly who is Mitt "Etch-a-Sketch" Romney?


We don't know. The only thing we know for dead-nuts certain is the guy has no principles and that he will say whatever needs to be said to garner votes.

Let me ask this: can you see Allen West flip-flopping on issues? Can you see him endorsing the crud Romney and Obama have endorsed?

As for health care, keep it private. If you want to carry your kid 'til he's 26 on your family policy, work it out with your insurance company. Don't demand legislators force insurance companies to cover them. When you step on one person's rights you step on everyone's rights.

On the issue of vets, I wonder if maybe the communities in which these people live or hail from would be a better place to turn for assistance rather than the federal government. Hell, I'd go well out of my way to help a disabled vet if I knew of one who could use my help. The issue isn't the unwillingness of the people to help. The issue is whether or not the federal government should be in the business of helping them. After re-reading the constitution, I don't see that in there.
bkt is offline  
 
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #146
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TDS92A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Posts: 2,277
Liked 1599 Times on 933 Posts
Likes Given: 3912

Default

@bkt,

I like what you have to say here, unfortunately we only have two candidates in which to choose from. Neither one of them is perfect, so we can only hope that the one that is chosen will do the best that they can for the country. Having said that, I really hope that Obama does not see the White House again except from Pennsylvania Ave.

As for Allen West, he already has my support.

As for my health insurance is concerned, should they decide to allow me to carry my children until age 26 that would be fine with me. I do not mind paying for it. I said that I liked that part of Obamacare, but under no circumstance did I say that I want the people to pay for. If my insurance offers that option, that would be fine, but I would not want them to be forced to do so.

As for the Vets, since I am one, I have the V.A. for support. I thank God that I hardly ever have to use them so that they can best serve the Vets that need them, what other support were you referring to? Maybe this link will provide the answer to your question as to whether the Federal Government should be funding it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Administration

I always enjoy reading your posts!



Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
None of us can know what Romney would do as president. The best we can do is look at what he has done.

He did sign the permanent AWB in MA, and whether it was repealed or not is moot: he showed where he stands on 2A. You can say "oh, well, he was catering to the desires of the people of his state" and I call bullsh*t. A person either has principles or he doesn't. Either Romney's principles guide him to ban firearms or he has no principles on the issue.

He was the architect of Romney-care which pretty clearly tells me he's a big-government guy. He doesn't want to repeal Obama-care; he wants to modify it. Right there, he's disqualified in my book.

Exactly who is Mitt "Etch-a-Sketch" Romney?

"Etch-a-Sketch"

We don't know. The only thing we know for dead-nuts certain is the guy has no principles and that he will say whatever needs to be said to garner votes.

Let me ask this: can you see Allen West flip-flopping on issues? Can you see him endorsing the crud Romney and Obama have endorsed?

As for health care, keep it private. If you want to carry your kid 'til he's 26 on your family policy, work it out with your insurance company. Don't demand legislators force insurance companies to cover them. When you step on one person's rights you step on everyone's rights.

On the issue of vets, I wonder if maybe the communities in which these people live or hail from would be a better place to turn for assistance rather than the federal government. Hell, I'd go well out of my way to help a disabled vet if I knew of one who could use my help. The issue isn't the unwillingness of the people to help. The issue is whether or not the federal government should be in the business of helping them. After re-reading the constitution, I don't see that in there.
__________________
The difficult I do immediately, the impossible takes me a few minutes longer.
NRA, U.S. Army (Ret), AGA, F&AM
A Person has to stand for something, or they will fall for anything.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
TDS92A is offline  
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #147
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: \
Posts: 990
Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post



As for health care, keep it private. If you want to carry your kid 'til he's 26 on your family policy, work it out with your insurance company. Don't demand legislators force insurance companies to cover them. When you step on one person's rights you step on everyone's rights.

On the issue of vets, I wonder if maybe the communities in which these people live or hail from would be a better place to turn for assistance rather than the federal government. Hell, I'd go well out of my way to help a disabled vet if I knew of one who could use my help. The issue isn't the unwillingness of the people to help. The issue is whether or not the federal government should be in the business of helping them. After re-reading the constitution, I don't see that in there.

We have tried to keep health care private. Yet the healthcare industry keeps abusing the system. Right now we are spending 18% of our GDP on healthcare. Other industrialized nations are spending less than 10% of their GDP for better care. We can't let one segment of the economy take our nation down. We have no choice but to socialize health care until the babyboomers die. Once we are dead the health care system will see it's mistakes and run a decent industry. We have paid into social security and medicare for over 40 years each and everyone of us. Social security is not an entitlement it is a debt. The government has held one sixth of our checks for all this time. They have to pay up.

It's the same thing with our veterans. When they took the oath to uphold the constitution the government agreed to provide them with health care and other services. Without the sacrifices of our veterans we would be typing in German right now. When each of us shakes a mans hand and makes a promise it means that promise will be kept, no matter what the cost. My word has been the secret to my success and that is the secret to Americas success. Each American makes a promise and they live up to it. For the government to run behind the constitution or Romney care is not the right thing to do. We will lose face with the whole world. Our currency will be worthless.

Edit:: I have lived a rough life. I left home at 15 with all I owned in a trash bag and $12 cash in my pocket. I caught a ride with a trainer to Jefferson downs in New Orleans. I found a job galloping horses. I started making my way right there. Millions of kids started the same way in America. We all have done pretty well for ourselves.

Under the same circumstances how many kids out of a million would survive in todays corporate society? We need to revive small business in America.
__________________
"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old_Crow is offline  
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #148
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TDS92A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Posts: 2,277
Liked 1599 Times on 933 Posts
Likes Given: 3912

Default

I am of the opinion that at least 10% of the 18% GDP is to cover the frivolous law suits that started this whole healthcare mess in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
We have tried to keep health care private. Yet the healthcare industry keeps abusing the system. Right now we are spending 18% of our GDP on healthcare. Other industrialized nations are spending less than 10% of their GDP for better care. We can't let one segment of the economy take our nation down. We have no choice but to socialize health care until the babyboomers die. Once we are dead the health care system will see it's mistakes and run a decent industry. We have paid into social security and medicare for over 40 years each and everyone of us. Social security is not an entitlement it is a debt. The government has held one sixth of our checks for all this time. They have to pay up.

It's the same thing with our veterans. When they took the oath to uphold the constitution the government agreed to provide them with health care and other services. Without the sacrifices of our veterans we would be typing in German right now. When each of us shakes a mans hand and makes a promise it means that promise will be kept, no matter what the cost. My word has been the secret to my success and that is the secret to Americas success. Each American makes a promise and they live up to it. For the government to run behind the constitution or Romney care is not the right thing to do. We will lose face with the whole world. Our currency will be worthless.
__________________
The difficult I do immediately, the impossible takes me a few minutes longer.
NRA, U.S. Army (Ret), AGA, F&AM
A Person has to stand for something, or they will fall for anything.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
TDS92A is offline  
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #149
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
@bkt,

I like what you have to say here, unfortunately we only have two candidates in which to choose from. Neither one of them is perfect, so we can only hope that the one that is chosen will do the best that they can for the country. Having said that, I really hope that Obama does not see the White House again except from Pennsylvania Ave.
Well, me too. But I hope Romney doesn't get any closer a view, frankly. Unfortunately, one of those two tools will live there for the next four years. That's what bugs the bejeebus out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
As for Allen West, he already has my support.
Mine too, based on what I know of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
As for my health insurance is concerned, should they decide to allow me to carry my children until age 26 that would be fine with me. I do not mind paying for it. I said that I liked that part of Obamacare, but under no circumstance did I say that I want the people to pay for. If my insurance offers that option, that would be fine, but I would not want them to be forced to do so.
When government mandates that insurance companies must cover young people up to the age of 26 under their parent's family plan, the insurance companies are being forced to do so. That's what I object to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
As for the Vets, since I am one, I have the V.A. for support. I thank God that I hardly ever have to use them so that they can best serve the Vets that need them, what other support were you referring to? Maybe this link will provide the answer to your question as to whether the Federal Government should be funding it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Administration

I always enjoy reading your posts!
I'll check out the link, but I was referring to people - individuals - coming together to help a man or woman who put their lives on the line for us and for this country and now need help. I believe communities - that is, groups at the local level - need to coordinate helping people in need, particularly vets! This used to be commonplace but not too many people realize this anymore. (I'm only 47 so this was even before my time, but I read a lot.)
bkt is offline  
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #150
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
We have tried to keep health care private.
No, we haven't. In no way, shape or form is there a private, free-market aspect to health care for anyone at any level, anytime and it has been this way for decades.

We have tried to make health-care a semi-private/semi-taxpayer-funded thing and it has gone over like a fart in a spacesuit. Many people are saying we need more government involvement. Smart people are saying we need no government intrusion.
bkt is offline  
2
People Like This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
The Beast is here Ranger-6 Politics, Religion and Controversy 16 05-18-2012 08:05 PM
Meet the Beast! VIDEO Amsdorf Semi-Auto Handguns 2 04-06-2012 07:55 PM
Are you Beast enough?? JonM The Club House 5 07-18-2011 02:32 PM
Mark of the Beast Benning Boy The Club House 6 04-16-2011 12:37 AM



Newest Threads