From the mouth of the beast its self: we will ban your firearms if reelected - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

From the mouth of the beast its self: we will ban your firearms if reelected

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
My picture's already next to the definition of 'freak', so that wouldn't work.
Yeah but it's in context with the words "circus", and "don't let your kids play with", so there's that.

bkt is easily one of the most levelheaded mods here. Many a time I offered to ban someone who was being extremely disrespectful to him personally only for him to wave it off as no big deal.

Just because he's kicking your ass in an argument doesn't make him drunk on power, it makes you ill-equipped to spar in that particular arena.

JD
CA357 Likes This 
Old 09-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #112
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Yeah but it's in context with the words "circus", and "don't let your kids play with", so there's that.
Oh, that goes without saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
bkt is easily one of the most levelheaded mods here. Many a time I offered to ban someone who was being extremely disrespectful to him personally only for him to wave it off as no big deal.

Just because he's kicking your ass in an argument doesn't make him drunk on power, it makes you ill-equipped to spar in that particular arena.

JD
You're very kind. It's easy for people to get pissed off and react on a forum the way they'd never react in person. Ya gotta cut people a lot of slack and try to get them to come back to earth. If they persist in being a douche, well, OK, that's on them. I won't ban them for that; it serves me better if they make an ass of themselves in front of everyone.
People Like This 
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #113
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3691 Times on 1776 Posts
Likes Given: 1816

What scares me is what O told Sara Brady and the Brady Foundation on the sly in private when he did not know the microphone was on. Just like he did with the Russian President. "We will wait and hold off until after the election to continue with our objective! So with that said, I am voting for the Mormon not the Moron! LOL! Heard that the other day and thought it had a good ring!
Bottom line is, I do not trust anything they say when it comes to them agreeing or supporting our Second Amendment and you should not either!

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

One thing's for sure, if they ever do decide to try and grab our guns, it's gonna be a real uphill battle for them. Like someone else said, there's a gun behind every blade of grass in this country. I live in a small town in a rural area and I can't see anyone here, or at least very few, giving up their guns without a fight. Now you take that times several thousand small town rural areas, PLUS the cities, how would they ever pull it off? Even given the fact they have superior technology, armament and so on, there's just to much land to cover and I don't think a lot of the small town LEO's would ever want to go door to door collecting guns, especially when it's their own neighbors they're going up against.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #115

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Because

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelow1ton View Post
Yep ^^^ why don't they realize that you can ban whatever you want and screw the honest people but criminals don't care what's banned because duhh there criminals
The gun-control officials and politicians are more concerned about YOU with a gun than about criminals. A few hardline pacifists are ideologically opposed to them, but MOST opposition comes from politicians who fear YOU.

THEY have read early American History and very well know the Second Amendment is not about deer hunting - as George III found out.

Any gun guy or gal who votes for Obama has a serious reality gap.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 09-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #116

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I very much dislike Obama and his policies. I think the country will probably fail financially if he is re-elected.

However,

The GOP still is in control of the US House and will probably keep that control. A black rifle ban will not be able to go through.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 09-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #117

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
A black rifle ban will not be able to go through.
it can go through *VERY* easily with an executive order. He's used them to circumvent congress several times in 3 years...don't think he won't do it again.
Balota Likes This 
Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #118
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1727 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 4196

And why has Congress allowed it? Why has no one tried to impeach him? Executive Orders are only authorized when Congress is not in session. Yet he has done while they are in session and noone has called him on it.

if I am wrong about this, someone educate me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
it can go through *VERY* easily with an executive order. He's used them to circumvent congress several times in 3 years...don't think he won't do it again.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #119

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
And why has Congress allowed it? Why has no one tried to impeach him? Executive Orders are only authorized when Congress is not in session. Yet he has done while they are in session and noone has called him on it.

if I am wrong about this, someone educate me.
A.) We shouldn't be blaming Congress. "We the People" have allowed this **** to happen...and until we accept responsibility and change things...it'll keep getting worse.

B.) a 2/3's vote of BOTH houses of Congress are required to over turn an executive order. Neither party has a 2/3's vote in both the house & the senate...and as far as I know there's never been the POTUS, House, and Senate 2/3's majority all in favor of one party (though...I could be wrong on that...)

So to answer your question "Why hasn't congress done it?" the answer is simple: Because the politicians that we choose to elect don't give a **** about us. They vote on their party lines. They don't vote for what's Constitutional, because it'll piss off at least 1/2 of their constituents.

And the #1 rule to being a career politician is you always do what you have to do in order to keep at least 51% of your constituents happy and voting...then you never have to worry about looking for another job again.

He *WILL* further destroy the 1st Amendment, and he already has.
He *WILL* further destroy the 2nd Amendment, and has already taken steps to see it done.
He *WILL* further destroy the 4th Amendment. He already has.
He *WILL* further destroy the 5th Amendment. He already has.
He *WILL* further destroy the 10th Amendment. He already has.

And he'll continue going on down the list, unchallenged, for as long as we allow him to...and if Congress tries to get in the way, he'll simply find a loop hole with an executive order and do it anyways. He already has...over 100 times.

All of that can be unequivocally proven, and *ANYONE* willing to continue to support him despite the facts has some serious problems

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 09-18-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #120
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
He *WILL* further destroy the 1st Amendment, and he already has.
He *WILL* further destroy the 2nd Amendment, and has already taken steps to see it done.
He *WILL* further destroy the 4th Amendment. He already has.
He *WILL* further destroy the 5th Amendment. He already has.
He *WILL* further destroy the 10th Amendment. He already has.
This bothers you?

Why doesn't it bother your neighbors so much?

Closed Thread