More propaganda to the British people from the BBC - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > More propaganda to the British people from the BBC

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I agree Nitestalker. I've said it before, as soon as you come through my door uninvited you give up all your rights. American rights, human rights, British rights, I don't give a sh!t. You gave em ALL up coming through my door and I will act accordingly. The prob is a lot of the rest of the world would consider me unreasonable and lock me down for protecting myself. What a sad state of modern humanity.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #82

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

I think the authorities have a hard time with the concept of a law abiding citizen killing someone and not being a criminal.

It's much simpler to just have victims and then go after the perp.

Less paperwork, criminals are empowered.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #83

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

[QUOTE=hawkguy;1175917]why does the world feel the need to address OUR problems? these were OUR kids that died..not theirs!
QUOTE]

well at the risk of telling the truth, when was the last time some nation sent soldiers over here and started bombing this, and that? In other words, if we are going to be the world's police force, and be the big super-power that send troops abroad to perhaps be shooting at their kids....well we at the very minimum will be a curiosity to the rest of the world, if not an obsession.

we are a very unique country. nobody gets us. heck I sure don't

Old 03-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Quote:
Jemmy=crowbar. Many people have been beaten to death with a crowbar. It IS a deadly weapon, so his actions are justified. There was a threat, and he fought until the threat was neutralized.
Its not difficult if you beat someone with a weapon and they are unconscious and no longer a threat that's reasonable force. If you then continue to beat him to death that is unreasonable force in the uk. And i am sure in a lot of states in America.

Quote:
I didn't see where it said that about Martin in the article. I even reread it twice. Do you have any proof of that allegation
Quote. Martin had equipped himself with an illegally-held pump-action Winchester Model 1300 12 bore shotgun which he claimed to have found. Martin had his shotgun certificate revoked in 1994 after he found a man scrumping for apples in his orchard and shot a hole in the back of his vehicle. Pump-action shotguns with a magazine capacity above 2 are illegal to hold on a Shotgun Certificate however, and can only be held with a Firearms Certificate.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #85
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Its not difficult if you beat someone with a weapon and they are unconscious and no longer a threat that's reasonable force. If you then continue to beat him to death that is unreasonable force in the uk. And i am sure in a lot of states in America.

Quote. Martin had equipped himself with an illegally-held pump-action Winchester Model 1300 12 bore shotgun which he claimed to have found. Martin had his shotgun certificate revoked in 1994 after he found a man scrumping for apples in his orchard and shot a hole in the back of his vehicle. Pump-action shotguns with a magentireazine capacity above 2 are illegal to hold on a Shotgun Certificate however, and can only be held with a Firearms Certificate.
You didn't read the article. The BADGUY had the crowbar. The GOODGUY had the knife.

Once again, I read the article. It doesn't say that. Care to provide an link from where you found that?

Old 03-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
You didn't read the article. The BADGUY had the crowbar. The GOODGUY had the knife.
It doesn't mater what is used firearm crowbar knife fists. If you stop the threat and then continue to beat or shoot the person to death. That is unreasonable force.

The guy in the link you posted used unreasonable force. Quote what the judge said. Judge Barker told Hastings he had repeatedly stabbed Mr Williams in the back, the majority of the attack taking place outside the house when the possibility of danger was over.

PS You are allowed to use reasonable force in the uk including lethal force to protect yourself or family. Just like most countries that is fact.

Government advice quote. What if the intruder dies?

If you have acted in reasonable self-defence, as described above, and the intruder dies you will still have acted lawfully. Indeed, there are several such cases where the householder has not been prosecuted. However, if, for example:
having knocked someone unconscious, you then decided to further hurt or kill them to punish them; or
you knew of an intended intruder and set a trap to hurt or to kill them rather than involve the police,

you would be acting with very excessive and gratuitous force and could be prosecuted.

Last edited by manta; 03-16-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #87

Quote:
It doesn't mater what is used firearm crowbar knife fists. If you stop the threat and then continue to beat or shoot the person to death. That is unreasonable force.
How do YOU know it was unreasonable force? It's entirely possible that the bad guy was trying to hurt the good guy during the entire struggle.

Face it, your country's legal system sucks, your gun laws suck, and you have a hard time accepting that.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Face it, your country's legal system sucks, your gun laws suck, and you have a hard time accepting that
If that's the best you can do forget it believe what you want don't let the facts get in the way.

Last edited by manta; 03-16-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #89

Quote:
If that's the best you can do forget it believe what you want don't let the facts get in the way.
Your the one not letting facts get in the way. Your trying to argue on details that hold no water. Those people defended their homes, their families, and their lives, and your country locked them up for it. There is no excuse for that.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Your the one not letting facts get in the way. Your trying to argue on details that hold no water. Those people defended their homes, their families, and their lives, and your country locked them up for it.
No one was locked up unless they used unreasonable force. I have posted the law regards self defence in the uk i have posted official government advice. Using unreasonable force in America could get you locked up as well. If you choice to ignore the facts then i am wasting my time.

Closed Thread