Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > More propaganda to the British people from the BBC

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #71
I'm your huckleberry
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6540 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter View Post
The war hero just won his appeal yesterday and is now fighting to get back to duties. He won on the basis that undue pressure to plead guilty was applied saying it would get him off a custodial.
Glad to hear that. It's a shame he even had to go through that injustice though.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #72
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 255 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
What about the older gentleman who shot 2 criminals when they broke into his home? IIRC, the man was sued by the "victims" ( ), and is currently serving a life sentence for defending his life and his property. How is that justice
Who was that. ?

Quote:
Manta: If 4 men broke into your home while you and your bf/husband sleep would you be "scared enough" to shoot? It's a shame you would prob go to jail.
No you woldent go to jail as that would be self defence.

Quote. In England and Wales, anyone can use "reasonable" force to protect themselves or others, or to carry out an arrest or to prevent crime. Householders are protected from prosecution as long as they act "honestly and instinctively" in the heat of the moment.

LAW ON TACKLING BURGLARS
In England and Wales, anyone can use "reasonable" force to protect themselves or others
Householders can claim they attacked in self-defence if they genuinely believed they were in peril - even if in hindsight they were clearly wrong.

It is still lawful to act in reasonable self-defence, even if the intruder dies as a result. However, prosecution could result from "very excessive and gratuitous force", such as attacking someone who is unconscious.
Quote:
Also, how about the SAS war hero who was given a GLOCK in Iraq, ended up with a brain injury that left him with severe memory loss, and was court marshaled and sentence to 18 months in prison when the gun was discovered
Its not that straightforward he should be treated no differently to any one else. If i was caught with a illegal firearm i could go to jail. The memory loss excuse was dismissed in his court martial. PS He did plead guilty.

Last edited by manta; 03-14-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #73

Liked 2040 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1234

why does the world feel the need to address OUR problems? these were OUR kids that died..not theirs!

what makes me the MOST angry about outside judgments, and the gun grabbing community in general....is that they try to paint gun owners as people who don't care about the death of innocents.....

sandy hook broke my heart like everybody else....but that doesn't change the fact that every piece of gun control legislation brought up recently will do absolutely NOTHING to stop future mass shootings....

Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #74

Quote:
what makes me the MOST angry about outside judgments, and the gun grabbing community in general....is that they try to paint gun owners as people who don't care about the death of innocents.....
I would worry more about the gun grabbers and the media in America. Its irrelevant what the uk press say, regards gun laws in America.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #75

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
why does the world feel the need to address OUR problems? these were OUR kids that died..not theirs!

sandy hook broke my heart like everybody else....but that doesn't change the fact that every piece of gun control legislation brought up recently will do absolutely NOTHING to stop future mass shootings....
Everyone gets involved in everyone else's business it's the way of the world the US is no different.

Others are always going to make examples of things that happen in other countries to suit their own purposes.

The media are not country, a border or a place they are international and have their own adgenda

Views expressed from the media are their own regardless of the country they originate. They are not necessarily the views of that people or country. We must all remember this.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #76
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Who was that. ?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/717511.stm

Luckily, the sentence was reduced to manslaughter. It's still a massive injustice though.

How about these beautiful examples of injustice?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2038785/Vincent-Cookes-plea-family-flee-stabbing-burglar-Raymond-Jacob-6-times.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-143147/Father-jailed-killing-burglar.html

Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #77

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Hawkguy, exactly!. All you hear is "poor Obama wants change but the gun nuts don't". When in actual fact, Obama only wants change that will bring about NO change to safety in schools, we the gun nuts want change that will actually bring about real change for safety in schools.

How does banning a certain gun and certain magazines alter the twisted desire of some freak to shoot a bunch of little kids?. And the old " the NRA wants more guns in schools" line is just beyond pathetic, as though that is somehow less morally acceptable to letting a gunman run amok unresisted until hours later, when police arrive with MORE GUNS. But that's better?

China are facing up to the fact that banning knives didn't stop school murderers, they are dealing with it by putting security guards with pitch forks in their schools yet no-one shouts negatively about 'more weapons' being the answer.

I just hope the teachers and security guards who are getting into your schools know just how crucial it is that they don't screw up, the first ND will be plastered all over the news, all around the world to try and crush it.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #78

Quote:
Luckily, the sentence was reduced to manslaughter. It's still a massive injustice though
As usual people only read part of the story. tony martin the farmer in question had his firearms licence revoked for shooting at a sales man that drove up the lane to his house. He boasted in a bar that if anyone broke into his house he would shoot them . He then acquired a illegal shotgun that he used to ambush and shoot two burglars one of which was running away at the time. So at the least ha was guilty of killing one person with a illegal shotgun. If it was up to me he would still be in jail.

Quote:
How about these beautiful examples of injustice?
He used excessive force i am sure if you shot someone numerous times in your garden in America you could get into trouble.

Quote what the judge said.
Quote:
He said: "What you did could not possibly have been done while you were still under threat.

"You had gone into the attack and you were engaged in retaliation.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #79

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

How do you ambush 2 people who are raiding your home? This is the reason some political districts have gun control. What if he was murdered by these two criminals? He would be dead and the state would spend years insuring the rights of his killers.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #80
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
As usual people only read part of the story. tony martin the farmer in question had his firearms licence revoked for shooting at a sales man that drove up the lane to his house. He boasted in a bar that if anyone broke into his house he would shoot them . He then acquired a illegal shotgun that he used to ambush and shoot two burglars one of which was running away at the time. So at the least ha was guilty of killing one person with a illegal shotgun. If it was up to me he would still be in jail.

He used excessive force i am sure if you shot someone numerous times in your garden in America you could get into trouble.

Quote what the judge said.
I didn't see where it said that about Martin in the article. I even reread it twice. Do you have any proof of that allegation?

This doesn't sound like excessive force to me.

Quote:
Mr Cooke shouted at them to run for safety and then began grappling with the robbers.

Career criminal Raymond Jacob was then stabbed six times in the arms and legs during a struggle in the kitchen, it was reported today.

Jacob had been jailed numerous times for theft, robbery and burglary over the past 20 years. He had also been jailed for 18 months for grievous bodily harm after beating a man senseless.

The police source said: ‘Raymond Jacob was known to us as a persistent offender.
Quote:
Barry-Lee Hastings, 25, stabbed Roger Williams, 35, a total of 12 times after mistaking a jemmy in his hand for a machete.
Jemmy=crowbar. Many people have been beaten to death with a crowbar. It IS a deadly weapon, so his actions are justified. There was a threat, and he fought until the threat was neutralized.

Closed Thread