More propaganda to the British people from the BBC - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > More propaganda to the British people from the BBC

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I don't see where i said i liked the gun laws in the uk. Perhaps you could point out where i said that or do you just want to make it up.

The BS is getting worse on this forum.
In fairness the British police treat anyone who defends themself with force pretty badly, these two obviously innocent victims spent like four days in custody, separated, after four armed and masked intruders broke into their bedroom in the middle of the night and were shot at and only injured. But the courts are getting more reasonable, which was a bit more noticeable since the Conservatives came to power.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9516776/Farm-tenant-arrested-after-burglars-shot-was-plagued-by-break-ins.html

Old 03-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #62

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post

Top Gear (UK) is the best show on TV. LOL.

I dont mind the US version either but it will take them a while to get the kind of chemistry that the UK hosts have after all these years. I do agree though, most of the other stuff on the BBC network sucks.
Black adder by far the best comedy ever. Totally criminal if it didn't end you over there!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #63

Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter View Post
Black adder by far the best comedy ever. Totally criminal if it didn't end you over there!
Yep I saw all the Blackadder series before I moved to the States. Great show.

Also loved Red Dwarf and Bottom.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
In fairness the British police treat anyone who defends themself with force pretty badly, these two obviously innocent victims spent like four days in custody,
Yes if you shoot someone there is a good chance you are going to get arrested and questioned under caution. People have stabbed and killed individuals no further action was taken. To say people are scared to defend themselves is rubbish. In the case you posted a link to they obviously were not scared to defend themselves.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #65

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
Yep I saw all the Blackadder series before I moved to the States. Great show.

Also loved Red Dwarf and Bottom.
Yes and Dads Army - PMSL, ancient but still better than most today.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemFire View Post

Yes and Dads Army - PMSL, ancient but still better than most today.
Faulty towers! -can't remember if on BBC or not.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #67

Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter

Faulty towers! -can't remember if on BBC or not.
It was the BBC.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #68

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Manta: If 4 men broke into your home while you and your bf/husband sleep would you be "scared enough" to shoot? It's a shame you would prob go to jail. Here in Florida, all 4 would be DOA and the innocent homeowners wouldn't be jailed and abused for defending themselves. You would be questioned at the police station probably and the firearms used would be entered into evidence, but no jail. You gotta admit, your part of the world is completely a$$ backwards in regard to self defense.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #69
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Yes if you shoot someone there is a good chance you are going to get arrested and questioned under caution. People have stabbed and killed individuals no further action was taken. To say people are scared to defend themselves is rubbish. In the case you posted a link to they obviously were not scared to defend themselves.
What about the older gentleman who shot 2 criminals when they broke into his home? IIRC, the man was sued by the "victims" ( ), and is currently serving a life sentence for defending his life and his property. How is that justice?

Also, how about the SAS war hero who was given a GLOCK in Iraq, ended up with a brain injury that left him with severe memory loss, and was court marshaled and sentence to 18 months in prison when the gun was discovered? He had served 17 years, and your country just locked him up for having a gun he didn't even know he had. How is that justice?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9669410/SAS-war-hero-jailed-after-betrayal.html

Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

What about the older gentleman who shot 2 criminals when they broke into his home? IIRC, the man was sued by the "victims" ( ), and is currently serving a life sentence for defending his life and his property. How is that justice?

Also, how about the SAS war hero who was given a GLOCK in Iraq, ended up with a brain injury that left him with severe memory loss, and was court marshaled and sentence to 18 months in prison when the gun was discovered? He had served 17 years, and your country just locked him up for having a gun he didn't even know he had. How is that justice?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9669410/SAS-war-hero-jailed-after-betrayal.html
The war hero just won his appeal yesterday and is now fighting to get back to duties. He won on the basis that undue pressure to plead guilty was applied saying it would get him off a custodial. The authorities are trigger happy when it comes to gun related legal issues. It seams you have to fight twice as hard to get any common sense.

I would not trust our authorities to have my best interests at heart on a self defence issue even though a top judge recently stated that if a burgler enters the house of a gun owner, he should expect to be shot.

It's all baby steps at the mo but their is a gradual awakening to this issue and the government after lots of discontent by the public on home invasion issues are constantly redefining what self defense is.

Closed Thread