More propaganda to the British people from the BBC - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > More propaganda to the British people from the BBC

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #161
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
What actual sources. My source for the jailing of the SAS soldier what was yours.
P R O C E E D I N G S
of a
COURT MARTIAL
B
held at MILITARY COURT CENTRE BULFORD
on the
6th and 7th days of November 2012
in the case of
24951951 Sergeant Danny Harold NIGHTINGALE The Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment (King’s, Lancashire and Border)
D
JUDGE ADVOCATE
Judge McGrigor Assistant Judge Advocate General
PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD
E
Lieutenant Colonel P J McNulty Army Air Corps
MEMBERS.
Major C N Bowman The Royal Logistic Corps
Captain P R Snow Corps of Royal Engineers
G
Warrant Officer Class One J S Marriott The Rifles
Warrant Officer Class Two J H Fretwell Royal Regiment of Artillery
T R A N S C R I P T OF P R O C E E D I N G S.

Without an actual link, that is meaningless

Just a lifetime of experience the ones that do the talking are not there when they are needed. I am sure you have had similar experiences.
I've had plenty of experiences too. I know that people who try to make people out to be cowards are usually cowards themselves.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #162
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 476 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
I've had plenty of experiences too. I know that people who try to make people out to be cowards are usually cowards themselves
You were doing all the big talk not me. One importent part in case the link doesn't work read it slowly.
Quote. Do you plead guilty or not guilty to that charge?
DEFENDANT: Guilty your honour.
JUDGE ADVOCATE: All right, please be seated. http://www.judiciary...-0607112012.pdf If your sources are so good what was he charged with and how many charges were there. ?

Last edited by manta; 03-18-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
You were doing all the big talk not me. One importent part in case the link doesn't work read it slowly.
Quote. Do you plead guilty or not guilty to that charge?
JUDGE ADVOCATE: All right, please be seated. http://www.judiciary...-0607112012.pdf

Linky no worky.

I never said he didn't say he was guilty. What I said is that they should not punish someone for having something they didn't even know they had. No matter how you rationalize it, that was NOT justice.
In some places, simply being a Christian is a crime. Wether or not the person pleads guilty, is that right? Should they be punished?

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 03-18-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #164
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 476 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
I never said he didn't say he was guilty. What I said is that they should not punish someone for having something they didn't even know they had. No matter how you rationalize it, that was NOT justice.
He did know he had the ammunition he obtained it in the uk. Long before the memory loss incident i don't know how i can make it any clearer. I don't make the rules for the British army but stealing there ammunition is frowned upon and can get you jail time.
The two charges.

JUDGE ADVOCATE: Sergeant Nightingale would you please stand? I am going to put the charge sheet to you again and re-arraign you on Charges 1 and 2 and I am going to ask you then respectively to each charge whether you plead guilty or not guilty.
This is a charge sheet in the court martial that you, the accused, 24951951 Sergeant Danny Howard Nightingale, The Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment, a non-commissioned officer of the regular forces who is charged as follows:’ that charge sheet being signed by C M J Barnett MBE, Colonel, Prosecuting Officer on the 6th October 2012, and the first charge is:
COMMITTING A CRIMINAL OFFENCE CONTRARY TO SECTION 42 OF THE ARMED FORCES ACT 2006 NAMELY POSSESSION OF A PROHIBITED FIREARM CONTRARY TO SECTION 5(1)(aba) OF THE FIREARMS ACT 1968 In that you on or about the 16th day of September 2011, had in your possession at your Substitute Single Service Accommodation address 1 x Glock 9mm Pistol serial number FZF745.

JUDGE ADVOCATE: The second charge is:
COMMITTING A CRIMINAL OFFENCE CONTRARY TO SECTION 42 OF THE ARMED FORCES ACT 2006 NAMELY POSSESSION OF AMMUNITION CONTRARY TO SECTION 1(1)(b) OF THE FIREAMS ACT 1968
In that you on or about the 16th day of September 2011, had in your possession at your Substitute Single Service Accommodation address items listed in the Schedule below:
SCHEDULE
122 x 9mm live rounds of ammunition
40 x 7.62mm live rounds of ammunition
50 x 9mm frangible rounds of ammunition
50 x 338 armour piercing live rounds of ammunition
2 x .308 live rounds of ammunition
74 x 5.56mm live rounds of ammunition
Do you plead guilty or not guilty to that charge?
JUDGE ADVOCATE: All right, please be seated.

My source is transcripts of the court martial. Yours is the British press the same press as most on this forum say talk rubbish. So i will let forum members decide which is the most reliable.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #165

You can post that as many time as you want, but until I actually see a reliable source, it's your word against the newspaper's. I have yet to see how he aquired the ammo, the circumstances around it, ect.
Also, you keep avoiding the main reason he was arrested, the GLOCK. When you do talk about it, you accuse him of numerous wrongs, and make up your own facts. You even went as far as to accuse him of not having memory loss. You had no basis for that.

You preception of right and wrong is severly warped. The man served in an extremely dangerous area and ened up suffering sever memory loss trying to help people. You government locked him up for having a gun he didn't know he had. That is WRONG. Plain and simple.

As I've said before, I am done with this thread, and I'm done trying to argue with you.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #166

BTW, before I leave this thread, I thought I'd just leave this for you.

Quote:
Sgt Nightingale's sentence was overturned by the same court late last year when he was released from detention but the 38-year-old has always maintained his determination to clear his name.

The case has generated such attention that the Ministry of Defence is currently considering the legal implications of offering an amnesty to troops who have returned from tours of Iraq and Afghanistan with trophy arms.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/sas-sniper-danny-nightingale-conviction-for-illegally-possessing-pistol-and-ammunition-overturned-8532199.html

The ammunition was a very minor part of this. It was always about the gun. I also did a lot of searching, and could hardly find anything about the ammunition. They only info I could find is that he had it, it didn't really say any of the circumstances of how he got it.

Also, I found this interesting, kind of pokes a hole in your repeated mention of him pleading guilty.

Quote:
Following a long-running campaign, the court of appeal quashed the convictions and ordered a retrial after Nightingale's lawyers argued that the sergeant had been placed under "improper pressure" to plead guilty at a military court trial and that his conviction was unsafe.

The court had already concluded at a hearing in late November that the sentence handed down to the sniper, who had served for 11 years in the special forces regiment, was too harsh.

Lawyers also argued that Nightingale had previously entered a guilty plea because he thought that his sentence would be suspended.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/mar/13/danny-nightingale-gun-conviction-quashed

Old 03-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #167
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5818 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 402

since we are having trouble playing nice, this is done.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Closed Thread