More propaganda to the British people from the BBC - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > More propaganda to the British people from the BBC

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
britishbulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Liked 50 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
I think this thread has gone far enough.
Agreed, its now just an argument about who's country is better. I'm done reading this thread!
__________________
britishbulldog is offline  
 
Old 03-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #152
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RemFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: British Isles
Posts: 198
Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default

I'd have closed it around post #38 if I could, but I still don't know how a Brit is expected to respond to an ignorant pop at their country. I usually ignore it, but it gets tiresome, and I don't see the British doing it to American members on our shooting forums.

__________________
RemFire is offline  
 
Old 03-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #153
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,355
Liked 1879 Times on 1337 Posts
Likes Given: 2118

Default Wtf............

Why are we having more britts doing the news in the good old USA....

__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
opaww Likes This 
Old 03-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #154
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemFire View Post
I'm sure Billy Bob and his AR is going to be a force to be reckoned with after your Government order a Hellfire missile to be delivered through his ceiling. Lets be honest, yes you will make life difficult for them, and the hassle will make them think twice, fair enough, but unless your as well equipped and organised as they are there's going to be a lot of dead gun owners should you ever start fighting the Government.

We stand a hell of a lot better chance than you would.

From what I've seen the parliament have to slap it out in public view, and they are under constant scrutiny by the media, they only see minorities like gun owner as "subjects" because unfortunately that's how the vast majority of the public wants us to be seen. If the people wanted huge gun freedoms the parliament would probably give it to keep them in favour. Its about votes to them, banning handguns earned votes, no it wasn't the logical thing to do. I support gun control to a degree the same as you do, would you mind if gun shops were able to sell gatling guns to people like Lanza and those other fruitloops? No I doubt it, so that's gun control.

Actually, I believe if you are not trust worthy enough to have a gun, you DON'T even need to be out in the public.

Quote:
No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms.

-Thomas Jefferson
Plus, Lanza did NOT legally acquire the guns he used. He KILLED to get them.


I support common sense measures such as safe storage requirements, most responsible gun owners lock their gear up but Lanza didn't, if she had maybe this would never have happened and you wouldn't need to be fighting against gun bans.

Or, he might of found another way to get them. Guns are cheap and easy on the streets. THAT is why no ban will ever work.

Your teaching me to suck eggs, I know all that but when a kid flips here I'm glad they can't walk straight into their mums room and grab something that you guys openly admit to potentially taking to war with your Government,

Should our Government become tyrannical, yes, we will take up arms against them. THAT is why the founders saw the necessity of the 2nd Amendment.

Quote:
“Disarm the people- that is the best and most effective
way to enslave them.”
― James Madison
Quote:
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
― Thomas Jefferson


you talk about knives in China, yes but non of those killings match Lanza's

The deadliest school massacre in American history was committed almost entirely using explosives. IIRC, the only other way someone died was from being beaten.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

The 2nd largest attack on America (since Pearl Harbor) was committed using explosives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

The largest attack on America since Pearl Harbor was committed using airlines. I'm sure you probably already know what that was, so I won't post a link.


for the exact same reason you wouldn't take a kitchen knife to fight your military!. The freak shouldn't have been able to get hold of it, end of story, that doesn't mean I support stupid gun control measures like Obama is pushing for.

Demand?, demand what?, political SUICIDE from our representatives?. Their not going to give our handguns and ARs back. The culture is not the same here my friend, people don't want it so the Government sure as hell wouldn't even suggest it if they value their job. We do have a small gun lobby fighting all they can in such small numbers.

Quote:
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
- Edmund Burke 1729-1797
Yes demand your RIGHT back. If your are unwilling to fight for your rights, you don't deserve them.

Finally, I will close with this.

Quote:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Old 03-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #155
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemFire View Post
I'd have closed it around post #38 if I could, but I still don't know how a Brit is expected to respond to an ignorant pop at their country. I usually ignore it, but it gets tiresome, and I don't see the British doing it to American members on our shooting forums.
I apologize if it sounded like I was ripping on your country, that was not my intent. BUT, you can not honestly say that there aren't several things wrong with your Government, and your legal system. There are things wrong with yours, just like there are things wrong with ours.
Any criticizing of you country was directed only at Parliament, and a legal system that would make self defense a dangerous thing for your freedom. It was not directed at your country itself, it's people, or it's culture.
Freedom is not something that should be voted away. That is why we have a Bill of Rights. Should the day come that the patriots and those who love their rights become the minority, we are still protected.
Freedom is one of those things that are worth fighting for at any cost. Right now, that fighting is being done in Congress. Would we fight and die for our rights if it ever came to that? Yes, but we would GREATLY prefer it never come to that. We are not ready for a war, we are just prepared in case that horrible day ever comes. I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #156
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,500
Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Default

Quote:
There is a difference between ripping into your country, and pointing out facts.
There would be no problem if you pointed out the facts. But you just make it up as you go along. And when its pointed out that you are wrong you can't except it.

Quote:
Should our Government become tyrannical, yes, we will take up arms against them. THAT is why the founders saw the necessity of the 2nd Amendment.
Talk is cheap the ones doing all the talking are usually the first to run. Any trouble and you would be at the head of the pack the rest trying to keep up with you running home.
__________________

Last edited by manta; 03-18-2013 at 06:24 PM.
manta is offline  
 
Old 03-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #157
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,355
Liked 1879 Times on 1337 Posts
Likes Given: 2118

Default Nite Hunting..............

So for, we have no sightings of drones in La...............Were still trying to figure out how to cook dem SOBs............Here in the south, people gave up flying dem little motorized kites. Coonasses shoot what dey think they can eat. And da rest is for sport.........Sky Pilot.................

__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Old 03-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #158
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
There would be no problem if you pointed out the facts. But you just make it up as you go along. And when its pointed out that you are wrong you can't except it.

IIRC, everything I said was supported by actual sources. The same can't be said for everything you said.

Talk is cheap the ones doing all the talking are usually the first to run. Any trouble and you would be at the head of the pack the rest trying to keep up with you running home.

Nice of you to make an assumption (you know what they say about people assume things) about someone you have never met, never will meet, and know nothing about.
Our Founding fathers did a lot of talking, then they sent the redcoats running.

..........
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #159
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,500
Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Default

Quote:
IIRC, everything. The same can't be said for everything you said.
Rubbish you posted some things that you had read on the net from British news papers. The soldier for example i have a transcript of the court martial that i posted you dismiss the official documents and believe what you read in the British press. You posted about Toni martian and how he was unjustified jailed for shooting a burglar. I pointed out that he used a illegal shotgun after he had his certificate revoked for shooting at the van belonging to someone that was in his orchard. You posted that someone got jailed for stabbing a burglar. When i pointed out that he was jailed for unreasonable force after he chased the burglar after he was no longer a threat and stabbed him to death. Something that could get you jailed in America not just the UK. All you seem to be interested in is slagging of the UK and ignoring the facts for what you read in the press.
Quote:
I said was supported by actual sources
What actual sources. My source for the jailing of the SAS soldier what was yours.
P R O C E E D I N G S
of a
COURT MARTIAL
B
held at MILITARY COURT CENTRE BULFORD
on the
6th and 7th days of November 2012
in the case of
24951951 Sergeant Danny Harold NIGHTINGALE The Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment (King’s, Lancashire and Border)
D
JUDGE ADVOCATE
Judge McGrigor Assistant Judge Advocate General
PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD
E
Lieutenant Colonel P J McNulty Army Air Corps
MEMBERS.
Major C N Bowman The Royal Logistic Corps
Captain P R Snow Corps of Royal Engineers
G
Warrant Officer Class One J S Marriott The Rifles
Warrant Officer Class Two J H Fretwell Royal Regiment of Artillery
T R A N S C R I P T OF P R O C E E D I N G S.


Quote:
Nice of you to make an assumption (you know what they say about people assume things) about someone you have never met, never will meet, and know nothing about
Just a lifetime of experience the ones that do the talking are not there when they are needed. I am sure you have had similar experiences.
__________________

Last edited by manta; 03-18-2013 at 07:48 PM.
manta is offline  
 
Old 03-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #160
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Rubbish you posted some things that you had read on the net from British news papers. The soldier for example i have a transcript of the court martial that i posted you dismiss the official documents and believe what you read in the British press. You posted about Toni martian and how he was unjustified jailed for shooting a burglar. I pointed out that he used a illegal shotgun after he had his certificate revoked for shooting at the van belonging to someone that was in his orchard. You posted that someone got jailed for stabbing a burglar. When i pointed out that he was jailed for unreasonable force after he chased the burglar after he was no longer a threat and stabbed him to death. Something that could get you jailed in America not just the UK. All you seem to be interested in is slagging of the UK and ignoring the facts for what you read in the press.
Whatever dude, I'm not going to waste anymore time argueing with someone who would rather see a soldier go to jail for having something he didn't know he had, than speak out against his government.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Is this just bs propaganda, with Obamacare? DerickVonD Legal and Activism 25 07-21-2012 04:10 PM
More Anti-Gun Propaganda BS in NYC darkknight-nyc Legal and Activism 24 02-10-2012 03:58 PM
Anti-Gun Propaganda, Aimed at New Parents ApacheBunny Legal and Activism 26 03-01-2011 03:09 PM
Propaganda Ramp up ronl Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 04-14-2009 05:40 PM
Propaganda! Don't you Believe the Lies! user4 The Club House 11 01-29-2009 01:43 AM