Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > More propaganda to the British people from the BBC

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Well, I'm done with this thread. Manta, you made it very clear that you'll do anything to defend your government, no matter how wrong their actions are. I guess that's what the difference between a subject and a citizen is.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #122
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 366 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Well, I'm done with this thread. Manta, you made it very clear that you'll do anything to defend your government, no matter how wrong their actions are. I guess that's what the difference between a subject and a citizen is.
OK But you are wrong as usual i have not once defended the government. The soldier in question was jailed by a military court nothing to do with the government. In fact it was government misters that pushed for his release.

Quote:
What he did for a living is really irrelevant. He lost his memory, and the Government had no right to punish him for having something he didn't even know he had. The same applies for everyone. The Government had no right to do that regardless of who it was.
Do you have trouble reading or comprehending what you read. One of the charges relates to ammunition he horded when in the uk long before his alleged memory loss.

Quote:
By magically making firearm circulation disappear, a different violent crime will rise. So you really aren't fixing a general crime problem.
I did not say gun control was a good idea or that it would lower crime. If i did perhaps you can show me the post.

Quote:
you made it very clear that you'll do anything to defend your government, no matter how wrong their actions are. I guess that's what the difference between a subject and a citizen is.
Put your money where your mouth is show me a post i put on defending the uk government.

Last edited by manta; 03-17-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #123

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Gentleman, Poor Manta is expressing the values of the majority of British Subjects. The "Brits" are frozen in a Medieval Monarchy model of government. They liked to believe they are a modern society with a Royal rulers??
They deny that the Royals rule their Nation. This is most likely true to a large degree. The Royals however represent the Medieval mind set of the loyal British subject.
One only needs to look at the decay and lack of progress in England over the past 100 years. The "Brits" and Americans are allies but the colonials are children born of rebellion.
The royals have no power they are a figure head only, to attract American tourists :-P

Old 03-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

We also decided it again in 1812.
Going for the cheap shot as usual. Not gonna get into your 'Hollywood' version of history : -P

Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #125

Quote:
Ifcshooter, I am familiar with the state of freedom in England. Having spent time there and having worked for British companies. England has now reached police state status.
As for American freedom? We have have had the Dooms Day criers for as long as I can remember. The facts are, our freedoms have increased in most states. The right to carry concealed weapons has swept the nation. We have more states pressing for Constitutional status. The courts have ruled in favor of gun owners in every case in recent history.
Obama like all liberals uses gun control, abortion and gay rights to hid behind while the economy crashes. Don't confuse this with America becoming like England. Remember Americans decided that issue in 1776 and we have not forgotten.
Your liberties are being eroded your own people are saying so. Your burying you head in the sand not everything comes down to gun ownership.

Google ' civil liberties erosion in America'. There are plenty of links on this

Old 03-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #126

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Brits have no real concept of freedom. How can a nation where the press is controlled understand the American freedom to challenge the system.
I noticed a few things during my time in Merry Ole England. The Brits have been saying the Colonials will fail for the past 200 years. They don't seem to know the Royal family has their hands deep in their pockets. The Royals are involved in British business interest and government.
The rusty old and leaking English ship of state only stays afloat thru American charity.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #127

Quote:
The Brits have no real concept of freedom. How can a nation where the press is controlled understand the American freedom to challenge the system.
I noticed a few things during my time in Merry Ole England. The Brits have been saying the Colonials will fail for the past 200 years. They don't seem to know the Royal family has their hands deep in their pockets. The Royals are involved in British business interest and government.
The rusty old and leaking English ship of state only stays afloat thru American charity.
No such thing as American charity, you don't do anything unless there is something in it for you.

The royals generate business .they are irrelevant to the running of gov.

And of course non of your politicians have business interests do they?

Old 03-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #128

Liked 366 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
How is the press controlled in the uk. ?

Quote:
Put your money where your mouth is show me a post i put on defending the uk government.
Thought so .

Last edited by manta; 03-17-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #129
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter View Post
Going for the cheap shot as usual. Not gonna get into your 'Hollywood' version of history : -P
Are you saying the war of 1812 didn't happen, and that we didn't win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
OK But you are wrong as usual i have not once defended the government. The soldier in question was jailed by a military court nothing to do with the government. In fact it was government misters that pushed for his release.

Do you have trouble reading or comprehending what you read. One of the charges relates to ammunition he horded when in the uk long before his alleged memory loss.

I did not say gun control was a good idea or that it would lower crime. If i did perhaps you can show me the post.

Whatever. Keep beating you drum. No one's listening.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #130

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter View Post
No such thing as American charity, you don't do anything unless there is something in it for you.
Thats totally wrong. Plenty of American people give every single day without recieving anything other than a thank you, which for me is enough.

Your statement proves that either you are just wrong or that others are right and you have no idea what Americans are all about.

I call BS because its an ignorant statement.

Closed Thread