More propaganda to the British people from the BBC - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > More propaganda to the British people from the BBC

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I guess you do not want to say which country. Sorry for the intrusion. I just had a feeling you are not English by your post. Peace my friend.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #112

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Gentleman, Poor Manta is expressing the values of the majority of British Subjects. The "Brits" are frozen in a Medieval Monarchy model of government. They liked to believe they are a modern society with a Royal rulers??
They deny that the Royals rule their Nation. This is most likely true to a large degree. The Royals however represent the Medieval mind set of the loyal British subject.
One only needs to look at the decay and lack of progress in England over the past 100 years. The "Brits" and Americans are allies but the colonials are children born of rebellion.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 461 Times on 316 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
He DIDN'T even know he had it. THIS is what's wrong with your country's Government, and the horrible laws they create

Don't believe everything you read in the papers. The case was not as black and white as you seem to think it was. Bellow taken from the court martial.

Quote:
In that you on or about the 16th day of September 2011, had in your possession at your Substitute Single Service Accommodation address items listed in the Schedule below:
SCHEDULE
122 x 9mm live rounds of ammunition
40 x 7.62mm live rounds of ammunition
50 x 9mm frangible rounds of ammunition
50 x 338 armour piercing live rounds of ammunition
2 x .308 live rounds of ammunition
74 x 5.56mm live rounds of ammunition
Do you plead guilty or not guilty to that charge?
DEFENDANT: Guilty your honour.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I guess you do not want to say which country. Sorry for the intrusion. I just had a feeling you are not English by your post. Peace my friend
No problem i live in N Ireland.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #115
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Don't believe everything you read in the papers. The case was not as black and white as you seem to think it was. Bellow taken from the court martial.
Really? That list of ammo really sounds like something the military would use. Hmm wait, he was military. Isn't it possible that maybe, just maybe that ammunition mistakenly got sent home with the GLOCK?

Defending the government in this case brings the term scum to a whole new level. He had severe memory loss. He wasn't even the one to bring the gun home.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
No problem i live in N Ireland.
I knew it! This whole back and forth just got real funny. This reminds me of the time my wife was talking to a gentlemen at a international market. She hears the merchants accent and says, "oh you're English." The guy looked shocked and a little offended. He collected himself and said, "No ma'am I am Australian." Well people, some people are still subject to British rule and have no choice but to follow their laws. I do not remember you saying you support the laws in any of your replies. O, my step fathers family comse from Ireland.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
He had severe memory loss
How do you know. ? If the best you can do is use insults that just shows your lack of intelligence and inability to have a rational conversation. I don't care if he was the pope he deserves to be treated no worse or better than any other citizen i am sure you would support that.

Quote. The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution ... In other words, the laws of a state must treat an individual in the same .

You should get you facts right before posting. He pleaded guilty he had illegal ammunition in his possession not brought back form Iraqi but kept illegally after training when his memory was working perfectly so get your facts right before shooting your mouth off.

Quote. Two interviews were conducted, one in September 2011 when Sergeant Nightingale was interviewed by West Mercia Police, and in that interview he spoke freely, accepted that the items were his and were in his personal belongings, accepted that he had brought the pistol back on the conclusion of operations in Iraq in 2007, and accepted that the ammunition he had retained in the course of his duties as a Training Officer in the Training Squadron and that he had not effectively handed them in appropriately because his administration was poor and poor working practices.
In the interview he gave a full explanation to West Mercia Police saying that he was given the Glock as a present by local nationals with whom he had worked whilst deployed on operations there. It was his intention that at the time to have the pistol deactivated and mounted as a souvenir for his squadron when he left the unit. He said he had not been intending to keep the item in its present form, wished to have it decommissioned but had never got around to it. He said the ammunition found in his bedroom in the SSSA was there because he had not also got around to handing that in. He had been incredibly busy whilst in his unit, as you will be able to imagine I have no doubt, with a very full round of duties, but he did accept that he could have handed the matters back into the amnesty boxes which are posted around the unit and he had time to do so. He also accepted that he knew that if there was a requirement for a trophy, if you like, or a pistol which has been handed to him, that there were procedures which should be followed in order to deactivate that.

Last edited by manta; 03-17-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #118
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I don't need No stinking signature.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #119

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:

Wrong as well there are plenty of firearms in circulation. Take the part of the uk i live in for example. Quote. AS the Department of Justice consults on proposed changes to firearms licensing laws here, The Detail can reveal information about the owners of Northern Ireland’s 153,459 legally held guns.

Almost 60,000 members of the public own over 146,000 firearms with the remaining 7,018 legally held guns belonging to serving police and prison officers.

So more guns mean more firearm related deaths. You are making a good argument for gun control.

PS I still have to see where i have posted that there should be further gun control in America
In your earlier post, you mentioned how very low your firearm related deaths were. I'm simply explaining to you that it doesn't quite matter; considering your country has more violent crime anyway, in spite of the very small population you have compared to ours.

By magically making firearm circulation disappear, a different violent crime will rise. So you really aren't fixing a general crime problem.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #120
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
How do you know. ? If the best you can do is use insults that just shows your lack of intelligence and inability to have a rational conversation. I don't care if he was the pope he deserves to be treated no worse or better than any other citizen i am sure you would support that.

Quote. The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution ... In other words, the laws of a state must treat an individual in the same .
Really, now your going to question his condition. That is LOW. As I said before, that is bringing the term scum to a whole new level.
Oh, and nice try on the lack of intelligence bit, you've already proven yours.

What he did for a living is really irrelevant. He lost his memory, and the Government had no right to punish him for having something he didn't even know he had. The same applies for everyone. The Government had no right to do that regardless of who it was.

The 14th Amendment has nothing to do with this conversation, or your country.

Closed Thread