More propaganda to the British people from the BBC - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

More propaganda to the British people from the BBC

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Your the one not letting facts get in the way. Your trying to argue on details that hold no water. Those people defended their homes, their families, and their lives, and your country locked them up for it. There is no excuse for that.
Trouble is there's a staggering amount of lefties who actually sympathise with our societies scum. Then those in the police and legal systems HATE the thought of us "taking the law into our own hands" as they often put it. David Cameron recently made some alterations to the wording of the law and simply clarified things to say basically what manta says above, knock someone out fine, keep kicking the crap out of them when they are unconscious and your breaking the law, but even still there were screams of horror like the above, that was going to far in many peoples eyes.

You can't win with them, but I have to say I have no big problem with the way the law stands at the moment, if someone approaches me with a weapon in my house I can let them have it with the 12, if they manage to turn around and run why would I want to shoot them again in the back?, it might he tempting and I might be doing society a favor, but I have no issue with not doing so really. The only bit I don't like is the thought of being held in custody for how ever many days it takes to convince the police that I'm not the criminal by stopping someone that had broken into my home from stabbing, shooting, or hitting me with a crowbar... then going on to do god knows what to the rest of my familly. But there you go, just be thankful your surrounded by less hand wringing lefty idiots than we are.

Last edited by RemFire; 03-16-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Remember Rome.......

It won't be long, the Britts are being over run from within, and we are next........................ Theres an arse hole born every minute thats intent on taking away my guns......ooops wrong thread........

Old 03-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #93

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Yes and the murder rate is much higher in America compared to the UK.

Crime Statistics > Gun violence > Homicides > Firearm homicide rate > per 100,000 pop. (most recent) by country.

United States

United Kingdom

What you fail to mention is that your country has less gun violence due to that fact that there is close to absolutely no gun circulation; which some people think that answers all of the crime problems.

According to NationMaster crime stats, the UK has 25% more crime victims than our country. That is pretty bad considering the UK has a population of only 60,000,000. That isn't even half the population of the United States.

Your country also has 133% more assault victims than the United States which is absolutely horrible. Nobody wants to hear this 14 vs 13,000 gun violence victims fact, because that obviously hasn't fixed the UK's general crime problem.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #94

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Exactly Rarity!!! Criminals are going to commit violent crimes regardless of the tools available. The only diff is the LAC has no way to "equalize" the fight. My sister weighs about 105 pounds, in Europe she is expected to have a fighting chance with no firearm when being attacked by two violent felons both over six feet and 190 pounds??? Yeah, that sounds really fair...to the fn criminal that is.
Rarity Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #95
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
No one was locked up unless they used unreasonable force. I have posted the law regards self defence in the uk i have posted official government advice. Using unreasonable force in America could get you locked up as well. If you choice to ignore the facts then i am wasting my time.
What is "reasonable force" to you? A nicely worded letter asking for the criminal to leave?

It seems I'm wasting my time with you. I now see exactly why your country has strict gun laws and a screwed up legal system. People like you choose to defend your Government's injustices rather than speak out against them.

I'm not going to waste my time with you anymore.
Rarity Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 01:34 AM   #96
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarity View Post
what you fail to mention is that your country has less gun violence due to that fact that there is close to absolutely no gun circulation; which some people think that answers all of the crime problems.

According to nationmaster crime stats, the uk has 25% more crime victims than our country. That is pretty bad considering the uk has a population of only 60,000,000. That isn't even half the population of the united states.

Your country also has 133% more assault victims than the united states which is absolutely horrible. Nobody wants to hear this 14 vs 13,000 gun violence victims fact, because that obviously hasn't fixed the uk's general crime problem.
QUOTED FOR TRUTH! Low Caps
Rarity Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 02:12 AM   #97

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

When you read poor Manta's out look on self defense you start to understand why England has gun control. In England the criminal is free to use illegal weapons and pursue his victim to the local mortuary.
The victim may only defend himself with a government approved weapons and must never ever pursue the criminal for punishment or prosecution. That is why Englishmen refer to themselves as Subjects.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #98

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
What you fail to mention is that your country has less gun violence due to that fact that there is close to absolutely no gun circulation; which some people think that answers all of the crime problems.

According to NationMaster crime stats, the UK has 25% more crime victims than our country. That is pretty bad considering the UK has a population of only 60,000,000. That isn't even half the population of the United States.

Your country also has 133% more assault victims than the United States which is absolutely horrible. Nobody wants to hear this 14 vs 13,000 gun violence victims fact, because that obviously hasn't fixed the UK's general crime problem.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm sick of people from the UK bashing us for our gun laws. People think that no guns = no crime. But that's obviously far from the case.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #99

Liked 88 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
When you read poor Manta's out look on self defense you start to understand why England has gun control. In England the criminal is free to use illegal weapons and pursue his victim to the local mortuary.
The victim may only defend himself with a government approved weapons and must never ever pursue the criminal for punishment or prosecution. That is why Englishmen refer to themselves as Subjects.
I have to agree with you there, I have tried to debate this issue with people over here and it's like talking directly to the authorities. They spout gov. fed bs.

Even some fellow gun owners are frightened to say what they are actually thinking for fear that it may get reported back. Trust me that's all it would take to get that knock on your front door.

It's been 80 years of systematic infringement of liberties to the point we feel lucky to have what we have.
It's this apathy which is the most dangerous. Not just on gun issues because the problem is even bigger than that.

You guys unfortunately already on the same path we are just a little further ahead than you.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #100

Liked 88 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I have to agree with you there, I have tried to debate this issue with people over here and it's like talking directly to the authorities. They spout gov. fed bs.

Even some fellow gun owners are frightened to say what they are actually thinking for fear that it may get reported back. Trust me that's all it would take to get that knock on your front door.

It's been 80 years of systematic infringement of liberties to the point we feel lucky to have what we have.
It's this apathy which is the most dangerous. Not just on gun issues because the problem is even bigger than that.

You guys unfortunately already on the same path we are just a little further ahead than you.

Closed Thread