Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   More proof that the media knows nothing about firearms (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/more-proof-media-knows-nothing-about-firearms-79415/)

Gizord1 12-25-2012 09:08 PM

More proof that the media knows nothing about firearms
 
Here are some excerpts taken from this article:
http://news.yahoo.com/gunman-killed-firemen-bushmaster-left-note-173229149--abc-news-topstories.html

"As firefighters arrived on the scene after a 5:30 a.m. 911 call on the morning of Christmas Eve, Spengler opened fire on them with the Bushmaster, the same semi-automatic, military-style weapon used in the Dec. 14 rampage killing of 20 children in Newtown, Conn."

Adam Lanza used a Sig Sauer and a Glock, the "assault weapon" was found in his car. There is actually a video of a police officer retrieving the firearm from his trunk, and it looks like a Hi-Point carbine.

"Armed with a Smith & Wesson .38 caliber revolver, a Mossman 12-gauge shotgun, and the Bushmaster, Spengler killed two firefighters, and injured two more as well as an off-duty police officer at the scene. "

A MOSSMAN?! What the hell is a mossman?!


Go home media, you're drunk!

trip286 12-25-2012 09:11 PM

Eeeees the mossman prophecies, senor.

Chainfire 12-25-2012 09:21 PM

It is not that important. It would be like saying that the victim was run over by a red car, when the car was blue. What is important is these kinds of shooting keep rubbing salt in the wounds of the anti-gun folk.

downsouth 12-25-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 1065922)
It is not that important. It would be like saying that the victim was run over by a red car, when the car was blue. What is important is these kinds of shooting keep rubbing salt in the wounds of the anti-gun folk.

Sure seems important when the media says "bushmaster same as the dec 14 shooting". Some how that doesn't sound like red car, white car to me. Besides Chainfire, would it be too much to ask from a NEWS SOURCE to get their facts right ? I know msm is one of your beloved liberal institutions.

trip286 12-25-2012 09:54 PM

It IS important because they're using their position to influence the public with a clear agenda.

Yunus 12-25-2012 09:56 PM

If we are going to get particular about brand names then it should be noted that the video OP referenced did not show a Hi-Point carbine being retrieved from the trunk.

Blueguns 12-25-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire
It is not that important. It would be like saying that the victim was run over by a red car, when the car was blue. What is important is these kinds of shooting keep rubbing salt in the wounds of the anti-gun folk.

Chain I respectfully disagree. There was a lot more wrong with that article than mossman.

The mossman sounds like a gun that would be in Charlie Daniel's Wooley Swamp song.

Gizord1 12-25-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunus
If we are going to get particular about brand names then it should be noted that the video OP referenced did not show a Hi-Point carbine being retrieved from the trunk.

Wasn't really being particular or quoting fact. Just sayin that it looked like a hi point, not an AR

Mosin 12-25-2012 10:45 PM

The point of that article is, and you all should jump on. Is that this guy could not legally possess firearms, and the weapon he supposedly used, is not allowed in NY.
Which furthers the point that gun control does not work.

trip286 12-26-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 1066005)
The point of that article is, and you all should jump on. Is that this guy could not legally possess firearms, and the weapon he supposedly used, is not allowed in NY.
Which furthers the point that gun control does not work.

Hear hear!


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:28 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.