More Illinois legislation being snuck through
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > More Illinois legislation being snuck through

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default More Illinois legislation being snuck through

For your "enjoyment" i present Illinois House Bills

Quote:
Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that 90 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act, it is unlawful for any person within this State to knowingly manufacture, deliver, sell, purchase, or possess or cause to be manufactured, delivered, sold, purchased, or possessed a semi-automatic assault weapon, an assault weapon attachment, any .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge. Provides that beginning 90 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act, it is unlawful for any person within this State to knowingly manufacture, deliver, sell, purchase, or possess or cause to be manufactured, delivered, sold, purchased, or possessed a large capacity ammunition feeding device. Provides that these provisions do not apply to a person who possessed a prohibited weapon, device, or attachment before the effective date of this amendatory Act if the person has provided proof of ownership to the Department of State Police within 90 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act. Provides that on or after the effective date of this amendatory Act, such person may transfer such device only to an heir, an individual residing in another state maintaining that device in another state, or a dealer licensed as a federal firearms dealer. Specifies penalties for violations. Provides exemptions. Provides that the provisions of the Act are severable. Effective immediately.

Quote:
Amends the Criminal Code of 1961 relating to unlawful use of weapons. Increases the penalties by one class if a semi-automatic assault weapon or high capacity ammunition was possessed in the commission of the offense. Defines "semi-automatic assault weapon" and "high capacity ammunition". Effective immediately.

and 1855

Quote:
Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that the Department of State Police may revoke and seize a Firearm Owner's Identification Card previously issued under the Act of a person who fails to report the loss or theft of a handgun a second time to the local law enforcement agency within 72 hours after obtaining knowledge of the second loss or theft. Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that if a person who possesses a valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card and who possesses or acquires a handgun thereafter loses or misplaces the handgun, or if the handgun is stolen from the person, the person must report the loss or theft to the local law enforcement agency within 72 hours after obtaining knowledge of the loss or theft. Effective immediately.

I'm getting angrier by the minute. If i knew I could get an equally good paying job outside this **** hole cesspool of liberal scum, i'd be gone in an instant.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 02-12-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2012, 02:11 AM   #2

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

I've done what I could. I've emailed, called, left messages, etc since I found out about these bills. Not a single one of these scared ****less Democrats of Illinois has the ideological fortitude to stand up for what they believe in and respond to any of my correspondence. They're all cowards, and one day, God willing, they'll learn the lesson full force of why Gun Control only creates victims and emboldens criminals.

Representative Edward J. Acevedo (D)
Representative Ann Williams (D)
Representative Greg Harris (D)
Representative Barbara Flynn Currie (D)
Representative Maria Antonia Berrios (D)
Representative Karen May (D)
Representative Carol A. Sente (D)
Representative Deborah Mell (D)
Representative Marlow H. Colvin (D)
Representative Kelly M. Cassidy (D)
Representative Luis Arroyo (D)

Anyone besides me find it odd that EVERY REPRESENTATIVE listed above has a (D) next to their name? These are the same people whose security uses the same weapons that they seek to disarm from us...and refuse to give us a reason other than "it's for your own good".

This state is a JOKE.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 02-12-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #3

Liked 2489 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 2396

What the hell is "high capacity ammunition"? This is why I will never go to Illinois.