More Government Interference.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

More Government Interference.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default More Government Interference.

How low will they go? More sneaky ways to attack 2nd Amendment rights.

More control over gun ranges in the Supper Nanny State, IL. Now they are using Public Health Laws to try to drive ranges out of business. More government BS.

“We're dealing with someone who views guns only in terms of their misuse,” this columnist wrote at the time. “Their protective benefits are not even considered in his advocacy for treating them as a public health issue.”

OSHA shooting range ruling points to agenda besides worker safetyy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Government never ever cared for your health or healthy standards violated at gun ranges. Stand your ground Illinois.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #3

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I guess nobody noticed that government thrives on interfering?

Old 06-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2879 Times on 1580 Posts
Likes Given: 810

It is called bureaucracy. The main function of a bureaucracy is to perpetuate itself by writing regulations and then hiring more people to enforce the regulations. It grows or it dies. The EPA is a prime example. They have far exceeded their original mission and have taken on new "threats" so they can grow. The NRC regulated itself out of business by making it too costly to build and run a nuclear reactor. The NRC is still around but no wheres near its "Glory Days".

Old 06-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #5

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

nobody in illinois that i know ever stands up for there rights. however i would do something but one person wont make a difference

Old 06-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
nobody in illinois that i know ever stands up for there rights. however i would do something but one person wont make a difference
one person can make a difference. a petition starts with one person. you can email or write letters. if people thought that one person can't make a difference, then they win will win by default because no one cared to even try and fight.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #7

Liked 380 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

one person can make a difference. a petition starts with one person. you can email or write letters. if people thought that one person can't make a difference, then they win will win by default because no one cared to even try and fight.
True! A few years back our sheriffs race was one by one vote.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3569 Times on 1719 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

No the truth is our country is becoming more like a Dictatorship!
We better start voting responsibly before it is too late!
NOVEMBER is just around the corner!
God Bless America! And the true American Patriots!

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6784 Times on 3605 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
There is a group im sure you have heard of. Its called center for science in the public interest. It started as one guy in his mother's basement with a fax machine. He started faxing bogus scientific studies that dont exist to congressmen and senators. His first campaign was to ban the use of coconut oil in popcorn. Then he faxed bogus studies he created on the use of animal fats for deep frying and transfats were created then he got transfats banned. His following grew and grew the whole while.

The center for science in the public interest is a bogus lying group who make sht up to fit whatever cause they are running atm. There is no science being done only faxes and emails with stories made of whole lies in order to drive a political leftist agenda. But they are quoted continously in both conservative and liberal media. And the sad thing its still just basicly one fruitcaie with access to email and a fax and a very good imagination.

The desire to ban gun ranges for health reasons i can assure didnt come from the mind of any congressman it came from one guy somewhere in the public who decided no one else should be allowed to have fun.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 06-18-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #10

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
No the truth is our country is becoming more like a Dictatorship!
We better start voting responsibly before it is too late!
NOVEMBER is just around the corner!
God Bless America! And the true American Patriots!

I hear you. Fortunately, you, me, the other members of this forum, our spouses, kids and most all of my friends vote responsibly and conservatively (or perhaps moderately but certainly not "progressive"). Unfortunately, there are more and more "what you gonna do for me" types out there and those morons are pushed to vote by their keepers. Modern slavery and the idiots don't even get it. My household is getting more and more convinced that the day of reckoning is coming and it will most likely not be pretty.

So we get prepared to get out of the city and up to the hill country with ourselves, dogs, guns, food and clothing for a few month "wait it out" period just in case. I used to call people like us paranoid but now I realize that those folks were just preparing for the worst. Kinda like why I carry a 5" 1911 on my right hip all the time.

Last edited by NativH; 06-18-2012 at 12:25 PM.