More California Stupidity - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > More California Stupidity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I find this stupid as hell! Like the 1st 10 rd want kill your butt, but the 11 one will stupid **** in my book!!

Old 09-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default Californication?

Im ashamed to admit that I was born there! But, I have enjoyed 20 of my 50
years as an Idaho resident! (I also lived in Finland for several years)!

Old 09-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
CA357.... You're a Former Police Officer yes?
Lucky man if so And thanks!
No, I wasn't. However, in my younger days I did get to ride in a Police car a few times.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9166 Times on 3958 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Would also point out that a FEDERAL LEO does NOT enforce STATE law.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #15

M14, you mean at the range in Calif., if we have a mag of over 10 rounds we must prove it is pre law, or we cannot use, is this for both pistol and rifle? Who's job is it to check the mag in our pistol on the firing line? Who makes up these stupid laws?

thanks for your help, be safe

Old 09-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #16

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsights View Post
M14, you mean at the range in Calif., if we have a mag of over 10 rounds we must prove it is pre law, or we cannot use, is this for both pistol and rifle? Who's job is it to check the mag in our pistol on the firing line? Who makes up these stupid laws?

thanks for your help, be safe
Not at all. In CA full cap mags are fine to own and use, as long as they were in your possession prior to the ban. AND assuming that they are NOT being used in an OLL. The law even allows you to "re-build" old, damaged mags by replacing worn or broken components. The state must prove they were not owned prior to the ban. Even date stamped mag tubes have been used to rebuild dented mags.

Do yourself a favor and read the actual law. It is fairly easy to read. Then make your own decision. CRPA had great breakdown on it a couple of months ago as well. Maybe it is on their website.

Don't take my word for it, do your own investigation. You will be surprised how easy it is to understand.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-21-2010, 03:41 AM   #17

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

C3Shooter, I believe He's responsible for making sure the range complies with all laws, state and Federal.
m14Rocks... Well sir you rock too haha I'll look up the law and research it and print it out and maybe even prepare a speech on it as soon as I'm done with this stupid freaking homework
nwrednk- Hopefully I'll be out of this state Next year. My parents and I are making a trip to Arizona this December, and when i go out there I'm going to get in contact with the Guard recruiters and Probably the Marine and Navy recruiters to talk about the reserves, while also applying everywhere for jobs haha.
I Don't want to waste any more time in California then is Absolutely necessary.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 09-22-2010, 12:27 AM   #18

I know you guys in CA have had it rough. We heard by the forums about your troubles with the "Sheriff of Nottingham" in Orange County, rescinding CCW permits issued by former sheriff. Now you have to deal with this crap too.

I'm sure your state has some prison escapees & parole absconders, etc. that the authorities could be trying to catch. But you are the easy targets.

Hang in there and fight as you are able. Freedom lost is seldom regained.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #19

Wow. This conversation is exciting! Hi-cap mags are illegal... yes they are... no they're not. Possession is legal, use is not. Possession and use is legal unless it creates an "assault weapon". Wow. The College Entrance Calculus Achievement Test isn't this hard. And its not just us poor citizens that are confused. A local citizen here was arrested for having loaded mags in his car. He had no weapon, just loaded mags. Confused citizen? Confused cops? Confused law? You decide.

At least starting in February 2011 we will be protected by mandatory finger printing every time we buy pistol ammo. And we will also be protected by a ban on ammo sales through the mail. I haven't been so happy since a ban on removable mags on a weapon with a pistol grip was enacted!!

Ain't the People's Republic of California just GRAND??

Old 09-22-2010, 02:13 AM   #20

Default m14srock FORGOT!

After he can't show you why he is hassling you light his car on fire and ask for proof where it is illegal to do so. Turn the lights and siren on first though, that would be beautiful!.....PLEASE CALL ME SO I CAN WATCH.