Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > more blood for brady

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by md1911 View Post
Its sad to say but I know people that think that way

I dont care if you dont like country music, do me a favor and if you are a gun enthusiast just listen to this. This probably applies to most of us on here!

Sorry if this has been posted before, couldnt find it on the forum.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1334 Times on 678 Posts
Likes Given: 987

I saw a gun once. I called the police and the fire department and the bomb squad and moved my family to another town.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 04-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #13

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Wow. That's stupid. I saw a car kill someone once ill never drive one. Lol. Stupid. People don't like guns but cars kill more people yearly then guns do. So why don't people dislike cars.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #14

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/Gun-Rights-Ronald-Reagan.htm

President Reagan was a mixed bag on gun rights

Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
"Before Reagan left office in January 1989, efforts were afoot in Congress to pass legislation creating a national background check and mandatory waiting period for handgun purchases. The Brady Bill, as the legislation was named, had the backing of Sarah Brady, the wife of former Reagan press secretary Jim Brady, who was wounded in a 1981 assassination attempt on the president.

The Brady Bill initially struggled for support in Congress, but was gaining ground by the latter days of Reagan’s predecessor, President George H.W. Bush. In a 1991 op-ed for the New York Times, Reagan voiced his support for the Brady Bill, saying the 1981 assassination attempt might have never happened if the Brady Bill had been law.

Citing statistics suggesting 9,200 murders are committed each year in the United States using handguns, Reagan said, “This level of violence must be stopped. Sarah and Jim Brady are working hard to do that, and I say more power to them.” It was a 180 degree turn from Reagan’s 1975 piece in Guns & Ammo magazine, when he said that gun control is pointless because murder cannot be prevented.

Three years later, Congress had passed the Brady Bill and was working on another piece of gun control legislation, a ban on assault weapons. Reagan joined former Presidents Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter in a letter published in the Boston Globe that called on Congress to pass a ban on assault weapons. Later, in a letter to Rep. Scott Klug, a Wisconsin Republican, Reagan said the limitations proposed by the Assault Weapon Ban “are absolutely necessary” and that it “must be passed.” Klug voted in favor of the ban."

Regarding the underlined... I believe that is what pushed him to do the 180. However, I would like to point out he says "might have never happened", which to me says that he had doubts.

President Reagan wasn't a mixed bag, "FORMER President" Reagan was.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3209

Most people choose to only remember the good parts of certain people. Just as they choose to remember only the bad parts of others. It's human nature.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 04-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5109 Times on 2658 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
"Before Reagan left office in January 1989, efforts were afoot in Congress to pass legislation creating a national background check and mandatory waiting period for handgun purchases. The Brady Bill, as the legislation was named, had the backing of Sarah Brady, the wife of former Reagan press secretary Jim Brady, who was wounded in a 1981 assassination attempt on the president.

The Brady Bill initially struggled for support in Congress, but was gaining ground by the latter days of Reagan’s predecessor, President George H.W. Bush. In a 1991 op-ed for the New York Times, Reagan voiced his support for the Brady Bill, saying the 1981 assassination attempt might have never happened if the Brady Bill had been law.

Citing statistics suggesting 9,200 murders are committed each year in the United States using handguns, Reagan said, “This level of violence must be stopped. Sarah and Jim Brady are working hard to do that, and I say more power to them.” It was a 180 degree turn from Reagan’s 1975 piece in Guns & Ammo magazine, when he said that gun control is pointless because murder cannot be prevented.

Three years later, Congress had passed the Brady Bill and was working on another piece of gun control legislation, a ban on assault weapons. Reagan joined former Presidents Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter in a letter published in the Boston Globe that called on Congress to pass a ban on assault weapons. Later, in a letter to Rep. Scott Klug, a Wisconsin Republican, Reagan said the limitations proposed by the Assault Weapon Ban “are absolutely necessary” and that it “must be passed.” Klug voted in favor of the ban."

Regarding the underlined... I believe that is what pushed him to do the 180. However, I would like to point out he says "might have never happened", which to me says that he had doubts.

President Reagan wasn't a mixed bag, "FORMER President" Reagan was.
Yeah president reagan's body double was the one that signed the 1986 awb into law.

May his worthless soul burn in hell. Taking a diahrea dump on the constitution is why i have a deep loathing for that piece of filth. I have the same loathing for john mccain as well for his mccain feingold anti first ammendment laws.

Reagan lowered taxes and took oit the russians but he trashed our freedoms and civil rights which was a much bigger threat and has done lomger lasting damage than carter's taxes or the russians ever posed

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 04-19-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1934 Times on 1036 Posts
Likes Given: 2881

Ronald Reagan is not the "gunowners champion" the NRA-ILA paints him up to be. Only Roosevelt and Clinton did more damage to our Second Amendment rights. If Reagan had been a Democrat he would be universally reviled by law abiding gunowners.

1. As CA governor Reagan signed the putrid Mulford Act into law, outlawing the carry of loaded guns in public.

2. In 1984 Reagan banned a South African semi-auto shotgun from import under the "sporting purposes" clause of the GCA 1968. This was the first time a long gun had been banned from import. This precedent set by Reagan was cited by Bush I, Clinton and Obama when they banned guns from import/re-import.

3. In 1986 Reagan banned another semi-auto from import.

4. After he left office; Reagan joined Carter, and Ford in shilling for the "assault weapons" ban. At least two Republican members of the US house changed their minds and voted for the AWB after Reagan supported it: That put it over the top. The vote was 216-214.

"Gunowners champion, my @ss!!!!!

Last edited by alsaqr; 04-19-2012 at 12:16 PM.