Mom's Demand Action in SC

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Mom's Demand Action in SC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1232 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default Mom's Demand Action in SC

I am in Charlotte, NC on business. Yesterday while returning from lunch I found a SC talk station that seemed to lean to the right. As I listened the guy from Noon on had on a Mom's Demand Action spokeswoman who gave her "correct" version of what they want.

The host treated her with kid gloves. Only one slightly tough question, about what she would say if her childred told her the wannted CCP at 18. Her answer was to stress the danger and responsibility of such, but admitted she could not stop them.

She talked about "illegal" guns used for suicides, without anyone mentioning Japan having far more suicides, and virtually no private firearm ownership. She mentioned all of the childres's deaths without anyone mentioning the FBI statistics which point out how few there are. She stated that it happened "all the time." NO one pointed out that her childred were more likely to die in an auto crash or in a swimming pool.

She also complained that there was a bill in the SC legislature to take guns away from anyone in a domestic dispute. It might be necessary, but should not be a knee jerk reaction, but she wanted to remove the guns on a misdemeanor.

She also claimed they need to take guns away from people that have a stalking injuncntion against them. Sorry sweetie, they do that now. Again the usual gun show and internet lies about gun transfers without background checks.

It is a call in show, but no calls were invited. So I did not get to call in and argue any of this crap. I would have thought a right leaning conservative radio station would have put some more effort into questioning her "facts" and statistics.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #2

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

The Moms and all other anti groups that lie and make misleading statements to further their agendas can bite me. As long as I live and breath I will fight the antis. As far as I am concerned forums like this one are an important part of this fight. We can communicate with like minded individuals and share ideas.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:43 AM   #3
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1333 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

This was most likely a liberal station trying to make it look like they were conservative so MDA could look like they were addressing concerns. This is along the lines of the TV commercials that try to look like talk shows. This is a new tactic that marketers have found works because consumers assume the format is legitimate and accept it. I can't imagine getting MDA into a chair across from me and just allowing them to spout lies without questioning their facts.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1232 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
This was most likely a liberal station trying to make it look like they were conservative so MDA could look like they were addressing concerns. This is along the lines of the TV commercials that try to look like talk shows. This is a new tactic that marketers have found works because consumers assume the format is legitimate and accept it. I can't imagine getting MDA into a chair across from me and just allowing them to spout lies without questioning their facts.
The station gives all appearances of being conservative. The news report is Fox News, the guy before noon was going on about 2A and firearms in a very positive way, and Hannity is on late in the afternoon.

I just wanted to call in, and there was no call in number given. I get truly aggravated when people allow non-facts, lies if you want, to be put in front of people. This guy was allowing this MDA to do just that.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 04-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Not to nitpick, but haven't they already had some action? They are mothers after all; even if it was a turkey baster, they've seen some action.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:11 AM   #6
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1333 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
The station gives all appearances of being conservative. The news report is Fox News, the guy before noon was going on about 2A and firearms in a very positive way, and Hannity is on late in the afternoon.

I just wanted to call in, and there was no call in number given. I get truly aggravated when people allow non-facts, lies if you want, to be put in front of people. This guy was allowing this MDA to do just that.
Your right, Fox News makes it a conservative network. Maybe they didn't allow call-in because it was the replay of an older broadcast. However, I might contact the station manager and inquire as to why that interviewer went so light on facts when the interview was done.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)