Modified Gun Leading To Prosecution - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Modified Gun Leading To Prosecution

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 575 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
If I kill some POS and in the process save my own life or the lives of my loved ones I might just trade that for a year behind steel.
If I kill some POS and save my own life or the lives of my loved ones then this I might just trade that for a year behind steel should never have to happen no matter where you live.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
People Like This 
Old 11-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #42
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3310 Times on 1906 Posts
Likes Given: 1410

It has been said "Tis better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 11-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2386 Times on 1306 Posts
Likes Given: 3786

Gary Fadden used an NFA weapon to kill a low life who attacked him. The perp kept coming after Fadden fired a warning burst. The scumbag stopped after being hit with a six round burst. Fadden was charged with first degree murder by an overzealous VA prosecutor. The big problem for Gary: The selector was set for rock and roll. The VA prosecutor made a big deal of the "machinegun".

Quote:
On the stand, Papa Zoot and the woman had testified that Gary had tried to run their biker brother off the road, and they had just followed 22 miles to get his license tag. Defense lawyer Treanor took them apart on cross-examination. An undercover detective broke his cover to testify that the deceased and Papa Zoot “put a bomb in my car. They like to rough people up.” The prosecutor made such a show of waving the machine gun that the judge made a point of instructing the jury that the death weapon had nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not the shooting was self-defense. The jury learned that Gary purchased the AC-556 personally and that it was perfectly legal to possess the weapon.

By the start of trial, the charge had been dropped to second-degree murder, and as the trial collapsed around the prosecutor’s ears, he offered a plea to manslaughter, which Gary flatly rejected. At the end, when it was announced that the jury had found Gary Fadden Not Guilty on all counts, Fadden recalls that the self-same prosecutor snapped–in open court, in front of Gary’s mother–”‘You’ve let a murderer loose!”

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................

Later identified as belonging to one of the “big four” outlaw motorcycle clubs, Too Loose and Papa Zoot were members of an armed subculture themselves. They did not fear guns. Zoot was about 6’4″ and 240 himself, and neither man feared big guys dressed like something off the cover of an L.L. Bean catalog. It is critical to understand this: Criminals don’t fear guns. Criminals fear resolutely armed men or women they believe will actually shoot them.

22 miles of running away from them had left these wolves convinced that they were dealing with a large sheep, not the sharp-fanged sheepdog Gary Fadden turned out to be. Testimony that “they liked to rough people up” shows that they had a lot of ego invested in brutalizing others. Perhaps Hamilton, in his last moment on earth, took Fadden’s warning burst as an indication of unwillingness to shoot him. Toxicology screen after death showed Hamilton to have a .19% blood alcohol content. This is a level of intoxication consistent with inhibitions being at their lowest. Gary Fadden sums it up today, “The mouse had run, and the cat was loose. Physical size was no deterrent. The gun was no deterrent with these people. If you pull a gun, you’d better be ready to use it.”

http://www.davehayes.org/2006/02/10/the-gary-fadden-incident

Last edited by alsaqr; 11-13-2013 at 05:48 PM.
People Like This 
Old 11-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #44

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Fadden was working for HK at the time. They helped with some of the legal costs, but he still had $40,000 to come up with from his own money. That story pisses me off every time I hear it.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2450 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Please note that he was found guilty of all charges. The $45k was legal cost. Nothing can protect you from an "overzealous prosecutor." Nothing except becoming the victim yourself. But if the circumstances of your shoot are justified, then you will still be found NOT GUILTY. Like he was.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 11-14-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2386 Times on 1306 Posts
Likes Given: 3786

Deleted by alsaqr

Last edited by alsaqr; 11-15-2013 at 12:19 PM.