Modified Gun Leading To Prosecution - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Modified Gun Leading To Prosecution

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It would probably not be to your advantage in a courtroom to have modified a semi-auto handgun to shoot full auto. But to have its sharp corners rounded off to facilitate a smooth draw without snagging on a shirt or sweater would not be likely to cause you much trouble.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #32
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7119 Times on 4285 Posts
Likes Given: 8653

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Bad things will happen and words on a sign or some paper in a law book have never stopped evil and never will.
Even after typing out my experience, I agree with you, Jon. I spend several hours every night alone in the lab. I lock all the doors and there are key pad codes to get in. I do have a "panic button" that links directly to the police station but I still sometimes think it would be better if I could be armed. I'm not sure if I'd do it or not but it would be something to consider. There are 5 entrance/exits to the lab and I feel I have good strategy to escape no matter where a BG would enter the lab. But still............

Old 11-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1607 Times on 1100 Posts
Likes Given: 560

It's best to do everything you can to avoid the shooting. If you passed every test, you attempted to evade the bad guy, you were in fear of your life no doubt, there was no other option than self defense , you are not going before any jury.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 11-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #34
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

To the original question! I doubt even though some snake attorney might bring up an issue about a weapon having another trigger or similar modification. That there would be a real issue with the court about it unless it involved an unintentional discharge of the weapon wounding or killing someone. Regarding an adversary your rather pulled the trigger or you did not. So very little issue would be to the fact you put a different trigger or made a slight modification to the weapon. Of course if the weapon was modified in violation of NFA regulations "Bend Over!" That is why I believe you will be hard pressed to find case law regarging only the fact of a slight modification.

Regarding Wind's comment. I am sure I would carry anyway unless I had to go through metal detectors. Of course, as in my case no one knows I carry and I carry always! Except in Federal Building and Aircraft of course. I would rather have it an not need it that need it and not have it. There is no job worth dying for simply regarding expected complience. Only my opinion! We each need to do as we feel!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 11-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

You can check your gun in your luggage if you can lock it up separate from the ammo and if you declare it to the airline when you check your baggage. I've done it several times. The only thing they do is make sure that the case is actually locked and can't be opened.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 11-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #36
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

If I kill some POS and in the process save my own life or the lives of my loved ones I might just trade that for a year behind steel.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #37
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1947 Times on 1184 Posts
Likes Given: 2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Muzzle flash igniting oxygen is not what it's about. Nor is the religion. It is because the place is by definition for sick people and their families. Mental conditions of all sorts, including chemical dependence; unpredictable bursts of anger or desperation in borderline personalities; a lot of negative emotions caused by frustration.

The hospital wants people to feel safe visiting, or staying in the hospital, like not thinking whether this or that odd looking person is packing and ready to melt down. Ever been to an ED on a Saturday night? The doors are open to all people. Not much is asked of them in the (still) world's best healthcare system. Saying please leave your weapons behind is absolutely reasonable. Do you want your doctor or nurse to be watching her back while taking care of you? Come on guys, button up, mentally.
Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Mercator Likes This 
Old 11-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Mercator has it right. A hospital should be a 'safe zone' for employees and patients.
Winds, please tell me you didn't just type that, at least not sober.

No firearms signs, or even laws preventing carrying a firearm are going to have little impact on a criminal willing and capable of committing murder.

Criminal Enterprise Zone.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #39
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7119 Times on 4285 Posts
Likes Given: 8653

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Winds, please tell me you didn't just type that, at least not sober.

No firearms signs, or even laws preventing carrying a firearm are going to have little impact on a criminal willing and capable of committing murder.

Criminal Enterprise Zone.
Yeah, yeah, I know what the reality is. But I think many people think they are safer when they see that sign.

Yeah, I was sober when I typed that.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #40

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
Remember you are using HP's so you dont get any over penetration and risk hitting an unintended target.
This could be the perfect argument for a smooth trigger or improved sights. You don't want to miss and hit an unintended target behind the perp.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
People Like This