Pulled from another forum, more violation of your rights!
A pre-filed bill in the Missouri Senate would require parents of a public school student to report to the school if they own a gun.
Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal filed SB 549, which reads:
This act requires a parent or guardian to notify a school district, or the governing body of a private or charter school, that he or she owns a weapon within 30 days of enrolling the child in school or becoming the owner of a weapon. The written notification only needs to include the names of the parent and any child attending the school and the fact that the parent owns a weapon.
The good news is, if you have several children attending the same school, you only have to notify the school once. So there’s that.
This isn’t the first time Sen. Chappell-Nadal showed complete disregard for the privacy of Missourians. The bill is exactly like SB 124 from the 2013 General Assembly.
It went no where.
(3) The weapon is on the person's body or in such proximity to the person's body that he or she could retrieve it as easily and quickly as if carried on his or her body.
571.099. 1. Any parent or guardian of a child who attends a public, private, or charter school shall notify, in writing, the superintendent of the school district, or the governing body of a private school or charter school, that such parent or guardian owns a weapon within thirty calendar days of:
(1) Enrolling his or her child in a school district, a private school, or a charter school; or
(2) Purchasing a weapon, or otherwise receiving a weapon in a transfer of ownership.
2. The notification shall specify the names of the parent or guardian and any child or children who attend the school district or school and the fact that the parent or guardian owns a weapon. The notification does not need to specify the type of weapon or the number of weapons owned by the parent or guardian.
3. If the parent enrolling the child does not own a weapon, but another parent residing in the home with the child or who shares custody of the child does own a weapon, then the parent who owns the weapon is required to send the written notification. If the parent or guardian has multiple children who attend the same school district or private or charter school, such parent or guardian only needs to send one written notification so long as the notification includes the name of each child who attends the school or any school in the district. Whenever the parent or guardian enrolls a subsequent child in the district or school, the parent or guardian shall send an updated written notification that includes the name of the new child or children. A parent or guardian who has already sent a written notification pursuant to this section who purchases or receives a new weapon shall not be required to send an additional notification.
4. Failure to notify a school district or school of weapon ownership under this section shall be an infraction, punishable by a fine of up to one hundred dollars.