Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Missouri has it right

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Default Missouri has it right

Looks like MO. is taking the right approach, to gun control and , showing the rest of the country how to eliminate victim zones.

What would happen if all other states followed suit ?

I really have my doubts that anything will come from their efforts, but at least ,finally, somebody stands up to the gun grabbin bunch in DC.

http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/01/missouri-set-arrest-feds-gun-control-enforcement/

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/Missouri-Senate-Panel-Considers-Gun-Law-Nullification-241275101.html?device=tablet

Jim

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #2

Liked 2201 Times on 993 Posts
Likes Given: 2133

"The bill would also allow designated school personnel to carry concealed weapons in buildings. Another provision would let holders of concealed gun permits carry firearms openly, even in municipalities with ordinances banning open carry."

I copied that from the article. If Mo. has it right why are they letting municipalities ban open carry? It's a start but they need to clean up their own nonsense too.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #3

Liked 2440 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

I'm a little lost here.

IF we surrender our guns, THEY will keep us safe?

How will they do that, when they have NOT been

able to "keep us safe", so far?

Could someone help me with this?

EVERYWHERE there is draconian gun control

laws, violent crime is through the roof, but

somehow, they can't get control of these few

states?

Old 01-22-2014, 11:21 PM   #4

Liked 317 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
I'm a little lost here.

IF we surrender our guns, THEY will keep us safe?

How will they do that, when they have NOT been

able to "keep us safe", so far?

Could someone help me with this?

EVERYWHERE there is draconian gun control

laws, violent crime is through the roof, but

somehow, they can't get control of these few

states?
Yeah, just look at Chicago and D.C. If gun control creates the utopia that the antis say these would be two of the safest cities in the country.

Even if what Mo. is doing is just symbolic it at least shows that a lot of people in this country are getting fed up with Big Brother trying to dictate our every move.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #5

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Good move, Missouri! They should write the book for the rest of the states.

But why Open Carry. I still think the element of surprise would work in their favor and not raise concern or fear with their surrounding students and could still be quite effective.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #6

Liked 2201 Times on 993 Posts
Likes Given: 2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Good move, Missouri! They should write the book for the rest of the states.

But why Open Carry. I still think the element of surprise would work in their favor and not raise concern or fear with their surrounding students and could still be quite effective.
Let's assume for the sake of argument that your belief is true about open carry. Do you really want to be arrested because your shirt got blown open by the wind and your weapon was exposed for a brief moment? Or you stretched for something on the top shelf and accidently exposed your weapon and now you are a criminal and lose your gun rights? The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That includes how one decides to carry.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Let's assume for the sake of argument that your belief is true about open carry. Do you really want to be arrested because your shirt got blown open by the wind and your weapon was exposed for a brief moment? Or you stretched for something on the top shelf and accidently exposed your weapon and now you are a criminal and lose your gun rights? The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That includes how one decides to carry.
While I'm not at all a fan of OC, I absolutely support the right to do so.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR
rjd3282 Likes This 
Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #8
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5635 Times on 2786 Posts
Likes Given: 5989

I like the concept of a state that is really Pro-Choice when it comes to all facets of adult humans lives, not just authorized fetal euthanasia. Open Carry, CCW, a Karate chop or take your chances with 911 are all personal choices that are afforded every adult citizen of this nation. Denial FOOG just assumes we all deserve the possibility of a criminal induced death-sentience for the despicable acts of a few idiots that I dont trust any more with a Car than a Machine Gun or $2.00 Box-cutter!

Think about the ignorance and hypocrisy of a rule or regulation that presumes everyone could be prone to bad deeds with a gun but doesnt feel the same way about a 3500 lb projectile moving @ 55 MPH? Somehow, the 90% of preventable deaths with vehicles dont deserve the same recognition as the <2% that happen with Firearms? Its the blind leading the Blind, Deaf and Dumb!

41 years today, the very same day that marks the beginning of legal infanticide in this nation that has given permit to execute millions of babies FOOG--- were not allowed to protect ourselves much better than we can protect the most fragile of human life. WTF sense does that make???

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 01-23-2014 at 10:26 AM.
People Like This