Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Missouri Gun Confiscation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Missouri Gun Confiscation

http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981850037

If passed all citizens would have 90 days to turn in all Semi Automatic firearms or face a Class C Felony

Make sure you take note of all who signed on to this so that they can be voted out next time around!

Just remember your state may be next!!!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #2

Liked 474 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 102

Seriously, what the hell is going on with semiautos?

How did we manage to survive the last century with these evil devices on the loose?

I swear, I do not get bans on technology. It is solving the wrong problem. The worst part is that an outlier shooting by a madman that is hardly the norm is what these states are basing their gun control policies on.

I am very surprised they would do this in Missouri though. Is St. Louis that Liberal? I know the rest of the state sure isn't.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 648

hmm i am a little shocked too.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #4

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

St. Louis city is liberal, but st. Louis county is veeeeery republican. And there are way more people in the county than the city. Plus rural MO is generally republican. I dont know what the hell this bill is, there has been no coverage or talk of it here at all. This is the only place ive heard about it.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5481 Times on 3104 Posts
Likes Given: 4760

Looks like a "conspiracy nut" website. I wouldn't give it much credit for veracity.

Golda Meier.
Bigcountry02 Likes This 
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #6

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1388

Oh I dont doubt some crazed moron put submitted a resolution.
However it will not pass.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix
People Like This 
Old 02-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #7
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1811 Times on 1040 Posts
Likes Given: 3703

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Looks like a "conspiracy nut" website. I wouldn't give it much credit for veracity.
Here is the Missouri Bill, rather go to the source.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0545I.HTM

AN ACT

To amend chapter 571, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of any assault weapon or large capacity magazine, with a penalty provision.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:

Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 571.023, to read as follows:

571.023. 1. As used in this section the following terms shall mean:

(1) "Assault weapon", any:

(a) Semi-automatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:

a. A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;

b. Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;

c. A folding or telescoping stock; or

d. A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;

(b) Semi-automatic pistol, or any semi-automatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition;

(c) Semi-automatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:

a. Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;

b. A folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock;

c. A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel; or

d. The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at any location outside of the pistol grip;

(d) Semi-automatic shotgun that has one or more of the following:

a. A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;

b. Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;

c. A folding or telescoping stock;

d. A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; or

e. An ability to accept a detachable magazine;

(e) Shotgun with a revolving cylinder; or

(f) Conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which an assault weapon can be assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

Assault weapon does not include any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable;

(2) "Detachable magazine", an ammunition feeding device that can be loaded or unloaded while detached from a firearm and readily inserted into a firearm and includes a magazine that can be detached by merely depressing a button on the firearm either with a finger or by use of a tool or bullet;

(3) "Fixed magazine", an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action;

(4) "Large capacity magazine", any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:

(a) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds;

(b) A twenty-two caliber tube ammunition feeding device; or

(c) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.

2. No person, corporation or other entity in the state of Missouri may manufacture, import, possess, purchase, sell, or transfer any assault weapon or large capacity magazine.

3. This prohibition shall not apply to:

(1) Any government officer, agent, or employee, member of the armed forces of the United States, or peace officer, to the extent that such person is otherwise authorized to acquire or possess an assault weapon or large capacity magazine, and does so while acting within the scope of his or her duties;

(2) The manufacture of an assault weapon or large capacity ammunition feeding device by a firearms manufacturer for the purpose of sale to any branch of the armed forces of the United States, or to a law enforcement agency in the state of Missouri for use by that agency or its employees, provided the manufacturer is properly licensed under federal and state laws; or

(3) The sale or transfer of an assault weapon or large capacity ammunition feeding device by a dealer that is properly licensed under federal, state, and local laws to any branch of the armed forces of the United States, or to a law enforcement agency in the state of Missouri for use by that agency or its employees for law enforcement purposes.

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:01 AM   #8

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

****ing jerkoffs....who do they seriously think they are??

Old 02-15-2013, 02:05 AM   #9

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

That was depressing to read. I really hope that doesnt pass

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 02-15-2013, 02:46 AM   #10

Don't believe this will get too far but if it did we would have a few more rights taken away if they went door to door demanding your rifles.