Minnesota joins list of communist states??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Minnesota joins list of communist states??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Minnesota joins list of communist states??

I live in N.Dak., but the cheapest FFL holder I can use is across the Red River in Moorhead,MN. I wanted to order the Smith &Wesson M&P 15-22 P (Pistol) from Cheaper Than Dirt today ($445) and use his license again (a pawn shop, charges $35 per gun, cheapest by far here in Fargo, most are $75 or $100). Today he told me that the 15-22P is in the category of "assault" rifles, even though its a 22 caliber pistol. He then told me he couldn't take my order on anything that looks like an AR-type. Someone in a thread here once said he calls those restricted states "communist states". Has MN joined them, almost have them memorized, NJ, NY, CA, CT and a couple others?? If I lived in MN, then maybe I could buy an AR-type, or not?

The lead bullet issue in another thread--without reading the proposed law, and if it became law and I think unlikely, would you be ok with the lead ammo you have in storage or would they try to get that from you?

PS bought the M&P 15-22P this afternoon at The Outdoorsman here in Fargo. $499. Will get it Friday, he's sold several. Can't wait to get it to the range. Have had almost zero misfires/jams with the M&P 22 rifle this summer.

Protect your home and family, it only takes an ounce or two (or 230 GR)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 AM   #2

I didn't think you could buy any pistol out of state, any state. Long guns OK in most but not pistols.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:19 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Relax.....Take a deep breath........

The lead bullet policy the EPA was considerring has been dropped. With respect ot the interference with possession of a fire arm by the State, that is in direct opposition to the 2A! Hopefully the NRA or GOA will litiagate against that.

I don't care where you buy a gun, be it a pistol or long gun, if you clear the background check; you're good to go!! (At least, theat is the way it should be)

People get the government they deserve.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:21 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post

I don't care where you buy a gun, be it a pistol or long gun, if you clear the background check; you're good to go!! (At least, theat is the way it should be)
i agree with that. im from TN but stationed in CA. i can tell you Tn is probably the most relaxed state as far as gun laws (at least in my opinion). i just bought 2 lowers here in ca and had to wait 10 days for them. 10 days for a stripped lower are you serious! i went home to tn and walked in the store bougt a kimber 1911 45. and a XDM 9mm and walked out 10 mins later with both and about 500 rounds! love my home state!

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #5

+1 for TN, as that's where our corporate offices are!

rangeshooter - We've got an FFL listing tool for ND & NM. Just click on whichever state>>city you're interested in: U.S. Gun Laws | FFL Dealers | Shooting Ranges

Last edited by LuckyGunner; 09-06-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: clarity

Old 09-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Relax.....Take a deep breath........

No background check, thats infringing. I might have got cited for public urination in 1972 and now my background isn't satisfactory enough for me to own a firearm (I wasnt born until 1986 but you get my point).

Old 09-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #7

Liked 50 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Background checks aren't infringement they aren't hard to pass you just don't have to be a felon or have a history of violence. I can personally attest to this. If you had a minor sort of incident such as public urination almost 40 years ago, yes I know its a hypothetical, I seriously doubt that the incident would factor in any way.

* Just read your little incident with our friends in the gov clip you got my sympathies that really sucks

Last edited by k2000k; 09-07-2010 at 06:23 PM.