Million man gun march - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Million man gun march

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 03:53 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus

And the left can't do ANYTHING without the support of Republicans in the house.
I trust very few Republicans. I trust zero democrats.

-Matt

People Like This 
Old 01-06-2013, 05:10 AM   #62

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

In the gun control issue it is clear. What Liberals are supporting the 2nd A.? Many Democrats continue to support the DNC as they are being disarmed. We have been there before. Clinton D. and Al Gore D. passed the AWB. The Republicans let it expire.
The Democrats are in and here comes gun control. And yes gun control is a tool the left uses against the Right. The NRA is a target of the Left for political reasons.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #63

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by filter777 View Post
LOL.... some of you guys are pretty harsh.

I've been an NRA member for near 25 years.... Without their lobbying, who knows where we'd be today. I'm just glad they're on our side. They assissted the shooting community since the late 1800's and today they continue by helping us all protect our 2nd ammendment rights. <snip>
True that. They are OUR biggest lobby.

I could not imagine a lawyer not being in the ABA, or an MD in the AMA. But a gunowner not in the NRA?

Gunowners are our own worst enemies.

Here in SWPA we have a liberal anti-gunner politico bragging on talk radio last week about how PA has so many deerhunters - and so few NRA members.

His goal is to work with CeaseFire PA and embolden the anti-gun politicians in ofc here in PA to stop fearing the NRA and us gunowners and start voting for gun bans.
As he stated; we have so few lazyazzed gunowners even bothering to belong to the NRA, let alone voting in a solid bloc.

D'ya think blacks voted in a solid bloc in the past 2 elections? Women voters?

Gunowners are and will always be our own worst enemies.

ETA: So sad this thread had to deteriorate to asking for all gunowners to support OUR biggest lobby... Maybe such wienies actually deserve to be restricted to double-bbl shottys and 3rd hunting rimfires.

In a victim nation, a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher holding a smoking gun knowing she just protected her students.

Last edited by nfafan; 01-06-2013 at 06:53 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #64

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
ETA: So sad this thread had to deteriorate to asking for all gunowners to support OUR biggest lobby... Maybe such wienies actually deserve to be restricted to double-bbl shottys and 3rd hunting rimfires.
well if 19 out of 20 gun owners in our great country are not NRA members, maybe the way to grow membership is by attraction (rather than calling them wienies?)

of the 4 million in our ranks, not all share the same philosophies or even core values. it's kind of like church - some people come only on Christmas and Easter, others go 3 times weekly - all belong to the same church. a church that has infighting and judgmental crap going on usually breaks up or dies. and of course, there are always some at that church who think their job is to constantly remind the other members that they have the best understanding of the church's philosophies and the Good Book - and boy oh boy if you disagree in the least, they have an unbridled ability to talk you to death.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #65

Liked 1559 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Currently the left is trying to socialize healthcare, continue printing more money, give handouts, and disarm people. Many left agendas do equate to bad.

I was referring to the part that pro-gun does not determine what side you are on.
Oh, come on, three outta four ain't bad.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Chain...that's an argument only a true LIBTARD would make.

While we all know you lean left...I do not believe your LIBTARDED...and hope you recognize the absurdity of that statement.

Using your logic I suppose we could also say that the Olympic athlete who trains there entire life, competes to the best of there ability, leaves everything they've got on the field of competition, but falls short of the Gold...would have been better off sitting on the couch and playing X Box?

Don't answer that, the argument is to ridiculous to pursue.

Tack
Tack, I have to answer because I don't believe you got the full meaning of what I was saying. I was saying that the NRA can not get all of the credit for the gun rights we now enjoy. Although they would like you to think otherwise. It was a conditional argument.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #67
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2232 Times on 1205 Posts
Likes Given: 803

A few of you will notice some of your posts were deleted. I went back and deleted the posts that mentioned the racist comment of another poster which has been given a 7 day vacation from the group.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Chain, does anyone buy your misdirections? The sample population, as you well know, are random people who self-identified as supporting or rejecting the ideas and activities of NRA. More than 2:1 (that's called a ratio Chainfire) Republicans do vs. Democrats who say they do not!

You want to make up that The Left is mainstream and pro-gun so inject your own, personal, litmus test for Republicans to be pro-gun being one of 4,000,000+ members in NRA? With less than 28,000 paying its dues, do we need to see that a Democrat is a card-carrying member of The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence to acknowledge they are probably anti-NRA when that's what THEY tell us!? How absurd and transparent of you.

Interesting, albeit amateurish, attempt at propaganda was this red-herring of yours. Or should we say "pink"?

As for those members who get confused easily, can't help ya.
The truth of the matter is; the dues-paying membership of the NRA are a tiny percentage of the American population. It seems that some folks think that they are a vast portion of the American population. It just ain't so.

The point of my presenting any argument here is not to win over anybody. On a gun forum, that would be a pointless effort. The whole purpose of the drill is to have the reader be aware that there are other opinions out there that you don't ever know exist if you only dwell in the conservative temple.

Receiving any thoughtful reply, agreeing or disagreeing with me is my reward. Because I spend time here to learn and understand. I am also a gun person, and there aren't many gun forums of people of my political persuasion. If you have followed my replies, you may notice that I tend to be respectful to opposition, even if it the argument is totally opposed to my personal beliefs. Being human, I will throw barbs at idiotic, emotional replies. The devil makes me do it.

All I would like for anyone to do is make sure that their "Bullshirt Meter" is calibrated and functioning. Because you do get it from all sides.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #69

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
The point of my presenting any argument here is not to win over anybody. On a gun forum, that would be a pointless effort.
true that - or any forum for that matter

Old 01-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #70

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Chain lots of words but what are you saying? Can you just post the facts that many of us are missing? Are you saying the Left is and has supported gun owners? Are you saying the Left is going to protect gun owners with the pending AWB?
The leading Democrats agree with you on the NRA. They are saying the NRA does not represent gun owners. The Liberals claim NRA members want more gun control. Can you tell us what new gun control is being demanded by these NRA members?