Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Million man gun march

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

The Gallup Poll shows more than 80% of Republicans and less than 40% of Democrats favor the NRA. I'm neither, conservative, can plainly see that's more than a two-to-one difference and that you want to make The Left look more mainstream as well as stab the NRA in the back. Sorry Chain...

8.5% of Americans support the NRA? NRA has a 54% favorability rating with Americans whilst our illustrious Congress' is stuck in the mid teens.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159578/nra-favorable-image.aspx

Last edited by HockaLouis; 01-05-2013 at 06:08 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #42

Liked 4565 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha11 View Post
Education is not an issue here but thanks for sounding like a biggot. Just stating the obvious. If gun bans werent brought up why would we honestly need the nra? And by looking at the obvious what good are they accomplishing? With this muslim president in office nra doesnt have much chance. He is out to disarm the white man for his pride and joy.......i believe all gun owners should stand up for their rights and take a different approach than taking the coward way out n paying someone to protect them....
I sound like a bigot? Droping the race card is the tactic of those incapable of making a logical argument...so despite your assertion it's quite obvious that education is your problem.

Can you be irritated that we need a special interest group to help defend our 2A rights? Sure...we'd ALL love to live in perfect world where every law abiding citizen understood the value of arms and embraced the deterent factor provided by the legitimate use of force.

Unfortunately this is not our reality...a large section of our population has been fooled and is willing to sacrifice all of our liberty in order to "feel" safer.

What has the NRA accomplished? Look at the last 20 years and the march
of CCW across the country, stand your ground laws, castle doctrine, Ect...are all due to the NRA re-legitimizing the right of self preservation through the notion that it is acceptable to use legitimate force against violent attack.

Your last post makes is stunningly clear why fighting is a young man's game while "strategy" is left to those of us who's age and experience has surpassed our testosterone...

A wise man once said the god gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason...

...listen twice as much as you speak...and you're bound to learn something!

So again...research what the NRA has a accomplished. The past threats we've beaten back, the expansion of concealed carry, and the normalization of the use of force by us lowely serfs...and perhaps you will begin to get it.

...or, you can march on DC guns a blazing...don't worry, were right behind you!

Tack
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #43

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
I say we protest peacefully, and begin mass donation to GOA, and NRA.

I am basing it on what happened in CA with the OC protests. People carried these modern sporting rifles that scared the sheep. They ran to Gov. Brown, and he finalized it. As of 4 days ago we do not have the right to open carry an unloaded firearm(s).

-Matt

People Like This 
Old 01-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #44

Liked 1121 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
The Gallup Poll shows more than 80% of Republicans and less than 40% of Democrats favor the NRA. I'm neither, conservative, can plainly see that's more than a two-to-one difference and that you want to make The Left look more mainstream as well as stab the NRA in the back. Sorry Chain...

8.5% of Americans support the NRA? NRA has a 54% favorability rating with Americans whilst our illustrious Congress' is stuck in the mid teens.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159578/nra-favorable-image.aspx
That is some kind of fuzzy math you are using. You could also say that 100% of NRA members support the NRA.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I sound like a bigot? Droping the race card is the tactic of those incapable of making a logical argument...so despite your assertion it's quite obvious that education is your problem.

Can you be irritated that we need a special interest group to help defend our 2A rights? Sure...we'd ALL love to live in perfect world where every law abiding citizen understood the value of arms and embraced the deterent factor provided by the legitimate use of force.

Unfortunately this is not our reality...a large section of our population has been fooled and is willing to sacrifice all of our liberty in order to "feel" safer.

What has the NRA accomplished? Look at the last 20 years and the march
of CCW across the country, stand your ground laws, castle doctrine, Ect...are all due to the NRA re-legitimizing the right of self preservation through the notion that it is acceptable to use legitimate force against violent attack.

Your last post makes is stunningly clear why fighting is a young man's game while "strategy" is left to those of us who's age and experience has surpassed our testosterone...

A wise man once said the god gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason...

...listen twice as much as you speak...and you're bound to learn something!

So again...research what the NRA has a accomplished. The past threats we've beaten back, the expansion of concealed carry, and the normalization of the use of force by us lowely serfs...and perhaps you will begin to get it.

...or, you can march on DC guns a blazing...don't worry, were right behind you!

Tack
So Tack. If some sort of meaningful gun restricting legislation passes, will it be the NRA's fault for not preventing it? If they get credit for the good will they will have to take blame for the bad.

Carl Sagan

Old 01-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #46

Liked 2225 Times on 1003 Posts
Likes Given: 2157

No chain if they manage to infringe on 2A it will be your fault and people like you who voted for these idiots.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #47

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default Foiled Again Chain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
That is some kind of fuzzy math you are using. You could also say that 100% of NRA members support the NRA.
Yeah, I know your type which is why I, as you I'm sure inadvertently did, copied my current direct and directly-related-to-this-issue source from Gallup for everybody to easily see the simple facts for themselves vs. your personal "new math" based on old, unrelated, data with an aim (play on words intended) at undermining gunowners which seems to be a theme of yours (I'm not the only one to have noticed).

Can you say "holy alphabet"?

Last edited by HockaLouis; 01-05-2013 at 07:35 PM.
filter777 Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
No chain if they manage to infringe on 2A it will be your fault and people like you who voted for these idiots.
Credit for results but no responsibility for failure. Explain how that works.

Carl Sagan

gregs887 Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 116 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Contrary to popular belief on a firearm forum, gun rights/ownership isn't necessarily the deciding factor for most voters. If I only voted for a person/party I was in 100% agreement with I would never vote. Voting Dem doesn't automatically make you anti-gun, more than likely it just makes you pro something else.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #50

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisthecat
Contrary to popular belief on a firearm forum, gun rights/ownership isn't necessarily the deciding factor for most voters. If I only voted for a person/party I was in 100% agreement with I would never vote. Voting Dem doesn't automatically make you anti-gun, more than likely it just makes you pro something else.
Really!???

-Matt