Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Million man gun march

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
so go kill yourself
LOL.... some of you guys are pretty harsh.

I've been an NRA member for near 25 years.... Without their lobbying, who knows where we'd be today. I'm just glad they're on our side. They assissted the shooting community since the late 1800's and today they continue by helping us all protect our 2nd ammendment rights.

I will say that a march is not a bad idea when you think about. A valid point is made. The NRA shouldn't have even been mentioned. The "employed" or "we have jobs" reason really isn't a good excuse since it could be held on a weekend. I guess the question would be, is it possible? I am sure that anyone living outside the neighboring states of DC would not take the time to drive or fly there for a day of rally, even if it were held on a weekend. Not to mention that the effort would have to be planned out for weeks or even months in advance. You can't just march up to the Whitehouse in protest without preperation.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #22

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by filter777 View Post
LOL.... some of you guys are pretty harsh.

I've been an NRA member for near 25 years.... Without their lobbying, who knows where we'd be today. I'm just glad they're on our side. They assissted the shooting community since the late 1800's and today they continue by helping us all protect our 2nd ammendment rights.

I will say that a march is not a bad idea when you think about. A valid point is made. The NRA shouldn't have even been mentioned. The "employed" or "we have jobs" reason really isn't a good excuse since it could be held on a weekend. I guess the question would be, is it possible? I am sure that anyone living outside the neighboring states of DC would not take the time to drive or fly there for a day of rally, even if it were held on a weekend. Not to mention that the effort would have to be planned out for weeks or even months in advance. You can't just march up to the Whitehouse in protest without preperation.
The only protest that will get the attention of Congress would be siege ... otherwise they will just ride it out like the did the OWS protesters of 2011/12

As I mentioned in another thread supposedly there are 80 million firearms owners, yet only 4 million NRA members. So there are 76 million firearms owners who have all manner of excuses as to why they can't/won't/shouldn't/unable to offer up a measly $25 for a membership

Strength in numbers ... too many firearms owners do NOT understand this philosophy

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
As I mentioned in another thread supposedly there are 80 million firearms owners, yet only 4 million NRA members. So there are 76 million firearms owners who have all manner of excuses as to why they can't/won't/shouldn't/unable to offer up a measly $25 for a membership

Strength in numbers ... too many firearms owners do NOT understand this philosophy
I hear ya and I agree. They'll come up with ideas to march on capital hill, meanwhile possibly losing a days pay and/or the cost to get there, but they won't spring for membership fees. Makes you wonder where their head is at.... Don't answer that.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5636 Times on 2786 Posts
Likes Given: 5995

I love the Idea Actually but I wouldnt just do it in Washington, it should happen across the USA right out front of The County Seats! All Politics is local, they need to see the locals standing side by side as neighbors not just mobbing the Crapital. That would be much tougher to ignore than a single gathering and I bet allot more people would participate knowing they wouldnt have to travel far and stare across the line at Federal Police instead of our own local forces that probably would be less confrontational with Neighbors!

We wouldnt have to scream or yell, throw crap like the Occupiers or set up tents. Stand silently out front of our local government offices with the same sign, "I support an "Unfettered" 2nd Amendment and I Vote". That would get their attention better than a million targets on a field listening to overpaid "Keynote Speakers" and "Republicrats" paying lip service to us in public then stabbing us in the back when we close our eyes for a second!

Think about it- many hundreds of separate gatherings, with Millions of folks who's influence cant be limited by a Protest Permit Application or press passes, just come as you are and tell everyone you know to come join us.

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 01-05-2013 at 10:27 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #25
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
Actually true. Seems like liberal-leaning protestors of anything always seem to have days and days of free time to protest.

You don't have to be at home or at work to still get your welfare check...
Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by erobertson View Post
The wife and I were talking and she had a great question. Where are our prominent gun leaders on a 'Million Man Gun March'? If the rally cry started for gun owners to rally after Obama's inauguration, we could show not only Washington but indeed the world that America's gun owners aren't to be messed with what are you guys thoughts?
National coverage would not be shown. They, like other factual points of interest, will not be spoken of. It would be as if it never happened.
So much for free press, free speech, etc. Welcome to the new USSA!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Comments begining with "Seems to me" have led to more incompetent statements than just about anything else...

I think you need to study some history.

The NRA was around as the Nations leading authority on gun safety and marksmanship training looooong before there was any need to become a lobby group in defense of 2A liberties.

Start with the early 1930's and work your way up to the present looking and the history of gun control and the evolution of the NRA.

Once you've educated yourself...come back here and make a comment that hopefully does NOT begin with "seems to me".

Tack
What scares me about the NRA is they supported the gun ban of 1968. If the the gun law of 1968 died on the floor of congress we would have no need for the NRA. I am not sure if the NRA is a scare committee for gun/ammo manufacturers. They raise a lot of money from only 4 million members.

If there is no scare going on the weapons industry doesn't make as much.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

gregs887 Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Education is not an issue here but thanks for sounding like a biggot. Just stating the obvious. If gun bans werent brought up why would we honestly need the nra? And by looking at the obvious what good are they accomplishing? With this muslim president in office nra doesnt have much chance. He is out to disarm the white man for his pride and joy.......i believe all gun owners should stand up for their rights and take a different approach than taking the coward way out n paying someone to protect them....

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -unknown-

Old 01-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #29

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
Actually true. Seems like liberal-leaning protestors of anything always seem to have days and days of free time to protest.
I don't buy this -- "can't" really means "won't." Gun people lean towards common, cheap, lazy but angry individuals. Look how far they'll go to save a penny, how few even belong to NRA, and the fist-shaking attitudes but lack of personal commitment and organized involvement they find excuses not to make -- it is utterly astounding and embarrassing. And the ones with the biggest mouths and tightest-clenched fists are usually the least knowledgable or active.

Whoever is reading this, of course I don't mean you...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 01-05-2013 at 08:26 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #30

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you don't have the time to write your Congress person than it makes sense to donate to the NRA.

Let them do it for you.

Join the NRA and affiliates before it's to late.