Million man gun march - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Million man gun march

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

The discussion earlier in the thread on a march vs supporting your lobbyists of choice made me want to do some math. How much would it cost me to drive round trip to DC and what a weeks pay would be and the benefits of marching in the city and scaring the locals to death and riling the media to pummel us some more vs letting an extremely well funded professional lobbying group do what it does anyway. And consider that the lobbyists are already in the area and can actually get into the buildings and talk to the local wildlife. I guess being a lobbyist has its downsides but it has to be done I suppose.
Now lets say we all drove there once a year how much would that cost us in real dollars. My math shows 174 gallons of diesel round trip for me personally plus a weeks wage plus motel costs which I couldnt even make a bad guess on how much that would be. The math gave me a pretty big number that I thought would be better served going to fund my favorite lobbying group since that is what they do for a living and I might as well do that every year or break it down montly and send them a few hundred a month every month every year and save myself a drive to the big city. I think if even half of the NRA, GOA, NSSF, SAF members did that then we might not have to sweat every single battle and might just possibly start to make forward progress and get some of that unconstitutional legislation overturned. If every member would kick in just $10 we'd probably see the wheels turn in our direction. Here's to hoping anyway.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #92

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
NRA over paid staff? They are fighting multi billionaire movie stars and Union leaders that are paid millions. Geo. Sorroes, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet the richest most powerful men tn the world are supporting Obama.
Now what the Hell do you want? The NRA should send in an uneducated idiot with worn out shoes and holes in his pants? It is a good thing that not all NRA members are eating this anti NRA propaganda.
So if you are not being paid millions a year you are an uneducated idiot with worn out shoes and holes in his pants?

I seriously am wearing worn out shoes and have holes in my pants while typing this. But I consider myself an educated idiot!

/I'm going to upload a picture of the shoes and pants, it's actually pretty ironic since I didn't realize this fact until I typed this post.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

chloeshooter Likes This 
Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #93

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It seems you are just looking for an argument? Maybe that is why you never made a decent income.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #94

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
It seems you are just looking for an argument? Maybe that is why you never made a decent income.
I make a decent income. I work for the federal government you know.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #95

I have read your post. I am not at all shocked you work for BHO.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #96
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Stop bickering and pull together.

Have any of you guys been in the military, huh? You pull together even if you don't like somebody. Remember?
We have to do something constructive for ourselves, otherwise Senator Feinstein and crew will win. The country is on their side right now. People want to know why 'machine guns' are in the hands of civilians. Many folks are also tired of the NRA and don't like them because the NRA has had to go 'political'. We need to write to every senator and the Whitehouse to let them know what we think. The NRA is only 4 million strong, and that isn't enough right now. Many people are asking, "What about the other 76 million?" Write to your local newspaper, write to the 'big' newspapers. We have to let everyone know that the actions of one or two people out of 80 million does not signify a trend!
If anyone has any ideas other 'than mouthing off', let's hear it. What will YOU do if some draconian law is passed and the cops come to YOUR door wanting your AR, AK, FAL, HK91, Cetme, etc? I don't want to lose mine. I like it.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #97

I wonder what military you were in? Everyone pulled together? Then you "Slam" the NRA for being Political? How do you fight Political moves? Do you ever read what you post?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #98
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Still bickering? Haven't you been listening to people talk about the NRA. I am a member, but I still see and hear what goes on outside of the NRA. The NRA needs our active help, in addition to more money to fight the immensely rich gun grabbers. We have to let the 'fence sitting' people know what is about to happen. I know what it's like to be government enforced unarmed.
Military? Hint: I used to carry an L1A1.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #99
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Also, weren't you ever in a tight spot in the military? Did all your platoon walk off?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 1099 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Really, lots of people are pro-choice, they want the social security they have paid into for 40 years, I can write about 3,000 words why people who are pro gun vote democrat. Where do you think the term "blue dog democrat" came from? Let me enlighten you. A Blue Dog Democrat is a moderate who supports almost everything the Republicans support except they believe in womens rights and the way the Republicans want to run the tax system. There are other issues but womens rights and taxes are the main issues that create a blue dog democrat. North Carolina is full of them.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

chloeshooter Likes This