Militia Defined? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Militia Defined?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1466 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Does the modern Military want men over 45? Can you imagine the number of heart attacks on training fields? It would take Billions just for eye glasses and support hose. Rifles with recoil reducers? Mess halls with low fat and low salt food. The number of off base call girls yelling at GIs who wear hearing aids?
The guard will keep you until 60 if you can pass your fit tests.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #12
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8288 Times on 4261 Posts
Likes Given: 9557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
The guard will keep you until 60 if you can pass your fit tests.
Trust me Yunus, that fitness test isnt all that easy for a middle aged guy. I had to do 75% of the same numbers as a fresh Troopie just out of basic! There is no skimping, cheating or pencil whipping especially if you have any hopes of advancement. My shortcoming has always been pushups (at 6'1" tall, physics doesnt help me either)!

I got booted out of ANCOC a week into it because I was 4 pushups short of a happy meal! I had to do 36 perfect pushups and I actually did 40+ but the Cadre wouldnt count 20% of them because they werent perfect!

My performance in the Academy up to that point had been A++ but for 4 Pushups, I was booted. I blame myself, I should have been better prepared physically but that was the end of my career at 20 years, 8 months later I turned in my Letter.

Actually, our Guard unit is pretty Strack, very few oldtimers that cant outrun even the most fit troopie and in 2 deployments deep into the sh!t, they all came back alive! I wouldnt want to go head to head with them ever and hope I never have to.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #13

Liked 4801 Times on 2685 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I really think the Militia issue is Left Wing Fog. The 2nd is very clear without reading things into it. The Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infinged, period. The key word is "infringed" not "militia"!