Military carry on base
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Military carry on base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 02:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Default Military carry on base

Hey guys, this latest Fort Hood shooting has pissed me off. Why do we not allow our military personnel to carry firearms on base? If you could, sign the petition on the link below. Let's get their attention and allow our military members the opportunity to defend themselves.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-unconditional-carry-firearms-all-active-duty-military-personnel-base/NYhFlzm0

Also, share this link any way you know how. Once it hits 150 signatures it'll become public. Tell your friends and family, and have them tell all their friends.

Franklin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 49

signed it and sent it to my wife who works on Ft. Sam Houston and asked her to share it with her facebook friends and the people she works with

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #3

Thank you so much. It's just a absolutely ridiculous rule that creates victims. The news agencies are reporting that it took 15 minutes for the MPs to arrive at the scene, and as soon as one did the SOB took himself out. If someone had been carrying, it would have ended in seconds. Instead, 3 people had to die.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #4

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I hate to say it, but this will NEVER happen. I agree that carry should be allowed, but it wont happen. It's crazy, that we train every single military member to handle a firearm safely, but then don't allow them to carry.

Also, it won't let me sign it.

AND... the Obama Administration, the same one that BLATANTLY ignores the Constitution, will never listen to this, even if every single person in America signs it.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Last edited by MoHawk; 04-03-2014 at 01:07 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
I hate to say it, but this will NEVER happen. I agree that carry should be allowed, but it wont happen. It's crazy, that we train every single military member to handle a firearm safely, but then don't allow them to carry.
I know that the chances are slim to none, but they will be none if we don't try.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It was legal until Clinton was president

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Forget it, it's never gonna happen.

The military has the strictest regulations when it comes to loaded service weapons. Note I said service weapons--meaning officially issued and authorized firearms. Excluding military police, personnel on sentry duty are rarely permitted loaded weapons or a mag in the well, even in potentially hostile areas (see Beirut bombing, 1983). I've seen sentries required to have red wooden blocks inserted into the mag wells of their rifles.

Given the military's paranoia about arming its own members with authorized weapons and its penchant for restrictive ROE, (not to mention uniform regs!), it'll be a cold day in hell when they permit personal sidearms.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #8
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1760 Times on 979 Posts
Likes Given: 5331

Wow .... I am surprised at the number of members here that have surrendered with "Won't Happen" comments.

Keep Pushing Patriots.!

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL
Franklin1995 Likes This 
Old 04-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It was 20 years ago when the Military started this not allowed to carry concealed bullcrap so it wasnt that long ago and they did it because Clinton pushed it. This kid that did this shooting the other day was in the WTB (Warrior Transition Battalion) which is basically a nice way of saying your so ****ed up we have to retrain you for civilian life battalion. My wife deals with these guys daily she told me how one guy told her he wanted to drink a gallon of bleach(She reported it to her clinic manager and nothing was done. I am scared for her because a lot of these guys in the WTB are really psychologically screwed up and instead of doing what the military used to do which was medically chapter board them out of the military which if done properly would ensure they were compensated monthly by the VA and would have free medical treatment for the disability. Now they keep them around and teach them stuff to control rage and crap and these guys have free reign to go wherever basically. Now don't get me wrong a lot of good Soldiers are in WTB for legitimate medical reasons like loss of limbs or TBI, but the psych cases should be processed out as fast as possible and handed over to civilian psychological professionals.

People Like This 
Old 04-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
Wow .... I am surprised at the number of members here that have surrendered with "Won't Happen" comments.

Keep Pushing Patriots.!
I'm shocked too... I know that this is probably not going to get anywhere, but I feel better knowing that I'm at least trying. I've got a friend that lives 2 blocks away from where the shootings happened. He or his family could have been a victim. I refuse to just stand by and watch more people die.