Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Military brass join Demand a plan...... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/military-brass-join-demand-plan-85507/)

WNGMSTR 03-01-2013 12:32 PM

Military brass join Demand a plan......
 
Although it is a select few in the public eye it is dissappointing none the less.
What oath did they swear to?

http://www.demandaplan.org/

JonM 03-01-2013 12:39 PM

Remember that generals get promoted to general and further promotion based on their politics not their military expertise. Promotions are done by political people for political reasons. So its not surprising to find generals with no concept of constitutional issues or not commenting on political issues that you find in lower ranks.

WNGMSTR 03-01-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1158879)
Remember that generals get promoted to general and further promotion based on their politics not their military expertise. Promotions are done by political people for political reasons. So its not surprising to find generals with no concept of constitutional issues or not commenting on political issues that you find in lower ranks.

Unfortunately this is correct and these are the people we trust to lead our sons and daughters into battle.

c3shooter 03-01-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

the people we trust to lead our sons and daughters into battle
ACTUALLY, the people we trust to lead our sons and daughters into battle are Sgts, Lts, and Cpts.

Generals are allergic to gunsmoke.


If you doubt the political aspects of generalship-
Dates of rank
Second Lieutenant, United States Army: June 12, 1915
First Lieutenant, United States Army: July 1, 1916
Captain, United States Army: May 15, 1917
Major, National Army: June 17, 1918
Lieutenant Colonel, National Army: October 14, 1918
for 2 days Captain, Regular Army (reverted to peacetime rank): June 30, 1920
Major, Regular Army : July 2, 1920
Lieutenant Colonel, Regular Army: July 1, 1936
Colonel, Regular Army: March 11, 1941
Brigadier General, Army of the United States: September 29, 1941
Major General, Army of the United States: March 27, 1942
Lieutenant General, Army of the United States: July 7, 1942
General, Army of the United States: February 11, 1943
General of the Army, Army of the United States: December 20, 1944

yep- bird colonel to 5 star General in 3 years. Dwight Eisenhower

alsaqr 03-01-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

So its not surprising to find generals with no concept of constitutional issues or not commenting on political issues that you find in lower ranks.
The US military is a dictatorship: Second Amendment rights mean nothing to general officers.

muzzyman328 03-01-2013 01:05 PM

I am a military officer. Trust me there are thousands of us that love our guns and our rights. I can't speak for the top officers but full bird colonel and above are based purely on politics. It is not what you do but who you know.

WNGMSTR 03-01-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

ACTUALLY, the people we trust to lead our sons and daughters into battle are Sgts, Lts, and Cpts.

Generals are allergic to gunsmoke.
Into the abyss of combat, no doubt. From the tables of CentCom and the logistical/tactical operations, Cols and Gens.

I did not post to diminish the military merely to disapprove of the message displayed by the Unpatriotic brass.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.