Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Midwest City Lady Kills Home Invader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1975 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 2945

Default Midwest City Lady Kills Home Invader

and wounds another: She shot the little perp in the gut. All three of these perps had been in trouble before. Now the two surviving perps have been charged with murder.

Someone needs to tell these budding big time criminals that they can get blown away in self defense friendly states like OK.

3 Juveniles Involved in MWC Home Invasion | KSBI | News Sports Radar Weather StateCams | Oklahoma City | News

Quote:
When officers arrived within moments of the original call, the 911 center received another call from DeAungelo Johnson, 17, in the 9400 block of Sherwell. Johnson told dispatchers that someone was at his house who had been shot. After officers arrived at the home, they found Dewayne Kemp, 15, who was suffering from a gunshot wound to the stomach. Police say originally Kemp and Johnson claimed it was a drive by shooting.

Kemp was transported to OU Medical Center where he underwent surgery and is expected to make a full recovery from his wounds. He is under arrest and will be transported to Midwest City police department once released by his attending physicians.

Inside the victim’s house officers found Marquis Patterson, 15, lying on his back near the front door. He suffered more than one gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene.

.................................................. .....

Johnson and Kemp will be charged with first-degree murder and first-degree burglary. The murder charge is being filed because a death resulted during the commission of a felony. Records show that all three suspects have had multiple contacts with law enforcement in the past.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #2

Default home invasion

Home invasions are on the rise in Oklahoma city for the last five years.

A good number of them are the classic hit job, for the most part gang related. As for the robbery scenarios, people are consistently being encouraged to arm themselves, to defend their families.

I Oklahoma city we have the "make my day" , simply put, if someone breaks into your home you can shoot.

I've seen teens gone from bad to worst, in most cases parents had to work to much or were absent, the glorified gang culture took place with the customary drug dealing, which leads to violence. Once a kid crosses that line, is close to impossible to bring him/her back. A sobering thought.

IMO, charging the surviving perpetrator with murder of the other perp is a bit of a stretch. I can see the charge of robbery stand as for the murder charge, that I've got to see.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Last edited by gatopardo; 10-25-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2601 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Texas and Oklahoma laws are very similar. In Texas, you and your buddies rob a bank, the guard inside kills all your friends and you are the getaway driver. You get the needle for Capital Murder. I suppose OK is similar.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 10-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1975 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 2945

Quote:
Texas and Oklahoma laws are very similar. In Texas, you and your buddies rob a bank, the guard inside kills all your friends and you are the getaway driver. You get the needle for Capital Murder. I suppose OK is similar.
OK is the same. There are perps in McAlester prison who are serving sentences for murder because their buds were killed by the good guys.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5308 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
IMO, charging the surviving perpetrator with murder of the other perp is a bit of a stretch. I can see the charge of robbery stand as for the murder charge, that I've got to see.
not at all a stretch. if the scum had not tried to violate the home owner's rights of life and liberty the 3rd scum bag wouldnt be dead. most states have such laws regarding deaths during a crime. the theory being the death during a crime is totally avoidable if the criminals werent being criminals.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #6

Stand your ground law in Florida. I do not have to retreat in a case like this one."castle doctrine" Good guys 1 BGs 0

[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 10-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
not at all a stretch. if the scum had not tried to violate the home owner's rights of life and liberty the 3rd scum bag wouldnt be dead. most states have such laws regarding deaths during a crime. the theory being the death during a crime is totally avoidable if the criminals werent being criminals.
I see the light now

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 10-26-2010, 04:41 AM   #8

I love how they kept calling the person who shot the bastard the victim. I completely agree but many news writers would have called the dead kid a victim instead. 15 year old dead is tragic in any case but I'm glad the lady had the nerves to pull the trigger. I really hope the other two punks get sent away for life so they can't endanger more women and children. Sickening what the youth thinks is ok nowadays. I just hope my wife would have the same ability if that happened in our house while I was away.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I wish NC had laws like that.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #10

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPro View Post
Stand your ground law in Florida. I do not have to retreat in a case like this one."castle doctrine" Good guys 1 BGs 0
The Castle Doctrine with a stand your ground addendum is an excellent idea. If you have the means to do so, defense of your home, family and property SHOULD be the primary emphasis. God forbid that anyone would have to make the decision to pull the trigger but it should not be illegal to do so, especially in the case of a break-in or other kinds of home invasion.

The Castle Doctrine is excellent in another way, as well. It protects the homeowner against "retaliation" lawsuits from the perp or his family. At least that's what I've gathered from reading about all the variations of this doctrine that many states have enacted. It's still not in Nevada because for the last several legislative sessions (ours meets only every 2 years) it's been killed in committee by the anti-gun crowd. But, at least in Las Vegas, Metro won't give a homeowner any grief (8 times out of 10 anyway) if they shoot a home invader.